Mexico president warns migrant surge "will persist if US does not take his suggestions"

TELL ME YA CHEESIN FAM?

I walk around a little edgy already
Daps
Reppin
The H
they're coming through mexico. from his country :childplease:

what do you gain from caping for these people, anyway? what do they bring to the table?
You're really slow
Mexico is stopping and sending back thousands of illegals trying to make it to US
What you think is going to happen when they stop doing that?

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
You're really slow
Mexico is stopping and sending back thousands of illegals trying to make it to US
What you think is going to happen when they stop doing that?
They’re coming from Central America. If Mexico was serious they’d have a logjam at their southern border not their northern one.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
He’s feeling bold because Mexico is overtaking China as the largest exporter to the US. The US needs Mexico more than they have in decades.

Mexico overtakes China as the leading source of goods imported by US

I have a feeling this reliance on Mexico is going to be a long term disaster. I don’t see it ending well for the US. A cartel ran government, where everything and everyone can be bought? No thanks. The Chinese are already creating factories in Mexico to benefit from Mexicos trade status and they have their fingerprints all over the fentanyl trade (precursor chemicals).

Regardless, US has to play ball with Mexico on this right now, imo.

Is that the result of trump renegotiating the trade deal between Mexico and Canada? :pachaha:

Let me find out he brought jobs back to Mexico :pachaha:

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
He’s feeling bold because Mexico is overtaking China as the largest exporter to the US. The US needs Mexico more than they have in decades.

I have a feeling this reliance on Mexico is going to be a long term disaster. I don’t see it ending well for the US. A cartel ran government, where everything and everyone can be bought? No thanks. The Chinese are already creating factories in Mexico to benefit from Mexicos trade status and they have their fingerprints all over the fentanyl trade (precursor chemicals).

let's not act like this doesn't significantly benefit the mexican economy either. it goes both ways.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LA

The thing that sucks about this is that means more factories on Mexico's soil.

Factories mean smog and pollution and look where the U.S is located - right next door.
Additionally, if Mexico does start providing effective manufacturing, the rest of the world will ask them to manufacture their goods as well.
More pollution for us.

If we're not fighting desertification we probably will be in the future. Especially when you consider most of Mexico's factories are near the U.S border.

I hope I'm wrong about this.

Last edited:

ThatTruth777

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Billions here, billions there. For Americans though? :mjlol:

Especially from these bytch ass republican cons that like to wax poetic about the issue to begin with

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Daps
To clarify: How is it possible that we can send billions to Israel and Ukraine, yet there's a "border crisis"? Why isn't Foreign Policy prioritizing the economic and public safety threats that are driving people here?
shannon-sharpe.gif

DonB90

Superstar
Daps
Biden stay getting ho'ed by world leaders what a disappointment

Roger king

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
This is all tough talk, you can trust behind the scenes the US government is engaged in talks to stem the flow of the migrants at the border

Lord Quas

Pro
Daps
Is that the result of trump renegotiating the trade deal between Mexico and Canada? :pachaha:

Let me find out he brought jobs back to Mexico :pachaha:
Part of it. He did renegotiate NAFTA to be more friendly towards Mexico, especially with EVs. Biden has also been a part of it, Bidens strategy is to secure the physical supply chain, and that means decoupling from China entirely and moving things to allied nations like Mexico.

let's not act like this doesn't significantly benefit the mexican economy either. it goes both ways.
That’s true. I can’t imagine they deal with the influx of immigrants better than we have.
The thing that sucks about this is that means more factories on Mexico's soil.

Factories mean smog and pollution and look where the U.S is located - right next door.
Additionally, if Mexico does start providing effective manufacturing, the rest of the world will ask them to manufacture their goods as well.
More pollution for us.

If we're not fighting desertification we probably will be in the future. Especially when you consider most of Mexico's factories are near the U.S border.

I hope I'm wrong about this.
Yeah, I’m thinking of how poorly Mexico has handled the Tijuana River. Mexico has dragged their feet for way too long on it. Though, Mexico makes big money from tourism and unbearable pollution is going to be a problem for them too, perhaps more than us. The stronger the US-Mexico relations get I (optimistically) think they’ll be more inclined to take things like pollution seriously.

Desertification is especially a problem with computer chips and the like because they use a shyt ton of water during manufacturing, EVs too iirc. Reminds me of the Intel plant in Arizona…Aridzona is not a state I think will be livable in 30 years, respectfully.

I don’t see Mexico becoming a global hub for manufacturing. The main draw for the US is it can secure its supply chain and also not have to deal with transporting raw material and goods across multiple countries and multiple bodies of water. I see countries bringing more and more manufacturing in house before they all go to Mexico. I think the trend will end up being:
decoupling supply chain from adversarial nations->moving the bulk of it to friendly countries -> return of in-house manufacturing (which actually is feasible because with AI and robots, cost of labor in a 1st world country will be irrelevant).

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Giving Latin America 20 billion dollars is a waste of money because that’s going right back to the cartels. That being said America needs to stop interfering in South And affairs and lift the embargo’s and trade restrictions on Venezuela and Cuba.