Mexican President Wants 20B Cash,10 million Work Permits For Immigration Help

TELL ME YA CHEESIN FAM?

I walk around a little edgy already
Daps
Reppin
The H

Fox News
Mexican president demands $20B, work permits for 10M Hispanics in exchange for immigration help"

:mjlol:
Anders Hagstrom
Mon, January 8, 2024 at 8:29 AM CST·3 min read

Mexican President Andrés Manuel Lopez Obrador issued a lengthy series of demands detailing what the U.S. must offer in exchange for Mexico's help in stemming the flow of migrants to the U.S.-Mexico border.

Lopez Obrador's demands came during a Friday press conference, which came roughly a week after he met with Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas and Secretary of State Antony Blinken in Mexico City in late December. The U.S. officials requested that Mexico boost its assistance in stopping illegal immigration.

Lopez Obrador responded by demanding the U.S. give $20 billion to Latin American and Caribbean countries, grant work visas to 10 million Hispanics who have worked in the U.S. for at least 10 years, end sanctions against Venezuela and halt the blockade of Cuba.

ADVERTISEMENT

The negotiations come at a critical time for President Biden, whose polling numbers on illegal immigration have been low throughout his presidency. The U.S. also suffered a surge of migrants at the border this fall, with roughly 240,000 monthly migrant encounters at the border in late 2023.

MEXICO'S AMLO INTENSIFIES ANTI-GOP MEDDLING WITH NEW ATTACK ON TEXAS GOV ABBOTT

Lopez Obrador
Mexican President Lopez Obrador issued a lengthy series of demands during a Friday press conference detailing what the U.S. must offer in exchange for Mexico's help in stemming the flow of migrants to the U.S.-Mexico border.More
A senior Biden administration official responded to those demands in a statement to NBC News, saying Lopez Obrador "has a very ambitious agenda. For some of these things, we would need Congress to act. We share the vision that we need to lift up the region

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LA
It may seem crazy, but Mexico also has immigration issues to their South.

A lot of people we see at the border don't even come from Mexico and a lot of those people there are only the ones who decide not to settle in Mexico.
Not to mention more Americans moving into Mexico.
South America is basically a funnel point for Europe, Africa and Asia to work they way through.

The thing here in the states, the wealthy see immigrants as more tax base to exploit and cheap labor (both skilled and unskilled).

Last edited:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LA
He also wants Cuba and Venezuela sanctions lifted
:deadrose:
Yeah, probably doesn't want them to keep settling into Mexico either.

MEXICO CITY, Oct 17 (Reuters) - More migrants crossed into Mexico last month, led by a sharp increase from Venezuela but also significant numbers from Guatemala and Honduras, Mexico's top diplomat told lawmakers on Tuesday.

In testimony to Mexican senators, Foreign Minister Alicia Barcena said that in the month of September alone, 60,000 Venezuelan migrants, 35,000 Guatemalan migrants and 27,000 Honduran migrants arrived in Mexico.

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
Maybe the All of Mexico Movement would’ve been a good thing. :ld:

:huhldup:

9cil564e4im71.jpg

TELL ME YA CHEESIN FAM?

I walk around a little edgy already
Daps
Reppin
The H
He's trying to secure the bag before he leaves office.

I doubt it works tho.

USA is way too nice. I'd say secure your borders or we block remittances. Plus reenact the stay in Mexico policy.

Make it their problem.
Biden might as well throw is campaign in the Bushes if he does that

Daps
That's a step too far.........all the US has to do is let them Narcos off the leash and it's apocalypse time.........