Michel Mayor, Nobel Winner in Physics: "Humans will not migrate to exoplanets"

null

Daps
Reppin
UK,DE,MUFC,DMV
This has always been the case. At least in my eyes.

What he said is absolutely correct. Y'all be thinking about warp drives and faster than light travel but those things are only in movies.

You cannot move a physical object even close to the speed of light. The best case scenario would see Humans on a planetoid of some sort that will travel for tens of thousands of years to another star.

When they say they found a planet around another star, they are not able to see it physically. They measure an almost imperceptible wobble of the star and assume that planets pulling on it as they orbit are the cause.

None of this is ground breaking stuff, you just have to

read

and find out the details of these news items they print

Alcubierre drive - Wikipedia

Chez Lopez

Neo-Abolitionist
Daps
Reppin
YAHUSHA HA MASHIACH
lol at the reasonings going on in this thread. no man has ever been to space because there is a barrier. they tell you, in there own way. but like has been said, the propaganda is laid on so thick, you cant perceive a world where this is the case.

The sky is made of glass, lol.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
:mjlol: at Flat Earth idiot squad again ruining science threads

But dude is probably right, although I doubt anybody read the article for his actual reasoning.

Even with the fastest spaceships we could build it would take hundreds of thousands of years to get to another solar system. Even if we could travel at light speed it would still take decades to get to even close stars.

How are humans supposed to survive a trip that long?

His point is that it's probably not a good idea to ruin Earth thinking we can just jump ship once it gets bad enough.

badboys11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
M
im noticing lately all one of these scientists/physicists has to do is make a statement and somebody gonna write an article about it. It almost reads like an old man saying "look at me look at me".

We could have a breakthrough at any time enabling us to travel the stars. We may already have it, the tech just hasent been released to the public yet. Just cause he couldnt develop an idea nobody else will?

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I believe the capability to move something at the speed of light will be possible but just wont be that useful as far as travel. Who's going to navigate at those speeds, what if you hit a piece of space debris and finally, how if the hell will you stop