Michel Mayor, Nobel Winner in Physics: "Humans will not migrate to exoplanets"

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
im noticing lately all one of these scientists/physicists has to do is make a statement and somebody gonna write an article about it. It almost reads like an old man saying "look at me look at me".

We could have a breakthrough at any time enabling us to travel the stars. We may already have it, the tech just hasent been released to the public yet. Just cause he couldnt develop an idea nobody else will?
He just won a Nobel Prize in physics for his work in discovering exoplanets breh :what: But commenting on his field of work for which he just received a prize is him saying "look at me look at me"? :mjtf:

badboys11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
M
He just won a Nobel Prize in physics for his work in discovering exoplanets breh :what: But commenting on his field of work for which he just received a prize is him saying "look at me look at me"? :mjtf:
For him to be that narrow minded towards the future of space exploration, yeah his comments were designed to draw attention

Like i said, just because its a problem he cant solve nobody ever will?

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Look at how deep your programming is

The same people that taught this stuff can come out and say its bullshyt and you STILL dont believe them smh

Im saying its a no fukking brainer idiot. :comeon:
Im saying "No shyt. Far away planets are far away."
Im saying its obvious that habitable planets outside our solar system are too far away to reach and it doesnt take a Nobel Prize winner to know it. Dumbass :rdjeyeroll:
Miss the whole point of a post cause youre too stupid to understand context of a post and fishing for daps.:mjlol:

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
For him to be that narrow minded towards the future of space exploration, yeah his comments were designed to draw attention

Like i said, just because its a problem he cant solve nobody ever will?

"using the means we have available today."

He said this in the article..

Its ok to be optimistic and realistic at the same time..

devizelle

Pro
Daps
Reppin
MOCO awl day
"We must take care of our planet, it is very beautiful and still absolutely liveable."

This is the only planet we have, yet we treat it like shiit.

We have to do better.

Exactly

:mjlol: at Flat Earth idiot squad again ruining science threads

But dude is probably right, although I doubt anybody read the article for his actual reasoning.

Even with the fastest spaceships we could build it would take hundreds of thousands of years to get to another solar system. Even if we could travel at light speed it would still take decades to get to even close stars.

How are humans supposed to survive a trip that long?

His point is that it's probably not a good idea to ruin Earth thinking we can just jump ship once it gets bad enough.

This is the point of the article. He's not saying we will never ever ever travel to exoplanets, just that it won't be any time soon so let's take care of this perfectly liveable one.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
He doesnt specialize in the type of physics required for interstellar travel to be the definitive opinion on traversing space nor did he win a Nobel in that sub-field of physics. :yeshrug:

Problematic Pat

Superstar
Daps
When they update the simulation we can do almost anything.:troll:
SolidLoathsomeAmazonparrot-size_restricted.gif

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
"We must take care of our planet, it is very beautiful and still absolutely liveable."

This is the only planet we have, yet we treat it like shiit.

We have to do better.
The planet is taken care of extremely well.
This notion that humanity has destoryed or lessened this planet is absurd. SMH