Mike B Jordan really cant act.....

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think he’s a fine actor. You can’t watch a Michael B. Jordan movie and say he can’t act.

He’s similar to a Josh Hartnett who was very dope when he was taking projects. I don’t think we can judge his range when he hasn’t been in anything to really make him stretch to something different. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. He can start experimenting once a few more big bags are secured.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
He's mediocre. Funny thing is there's plenty of mediocre actors in Hollywood that nobody has this same energy for. I wonder why MBJ is the one coli nikkas seem to be shytting on?:jbhmm:Let Oscar season come around and nikkas want to get their fake militant on about lack of representation when MBJ isn't even allowed to be mediocre. Coli nikkas love them some mediocre Ryan Gosling, doe:mjlit:

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
yall nikkas seem to be calling every Black man who aint Denzel level trash:skip:

if i didnt know better I would think this is a White forum:beli:

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
where are the young upcoming black actors legit, nuance and charisma

Michael isn't even Will Smith early Fresh Prince era talented, let alone Denzel

Nate Parker is close but is he super charismatic?

• Dap
Reactions: IVS

IVS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
In the sky
Been saying that shyt for years.

He was terrible in that burning shyt 451 movie. He was terrible is this romantic dramedy I saw him in not too long ago. He was bad in Black Panther, even tho I was a fan of the character. I really dont get the hype. Breh is handsome and built but he needs to start lifting some acting weights and solidify his craft.

Benefited

Banned
Daps
No one is asking for him to put on Oscar worthy performances, simply be convincing, when he needs to reach for various emotions, those scenes don’t hit. Black panther he came off as nice kid trying to be bad, nothing felt genuine in his performance, not one time did I feel the pain, rage or frustration a person in his role would have - that role is easy to judge as many AA’s upcarry that frustration of being on bottom. He facial expressions are those I’d make when reenacting a scene, not those of an actor who is supposed to be the character. He’s not trash, but he’s extremely limited, nothing wrong with admitting that while still enjoying his movies.

I remember everyone loving Killmonger and the reason he was loved is the reason you claim he wasn't convincing. His anger rage and pain exhibited itself in his actions through violence,recklessness just like it can in many AA's. Though on the outside he may have had a cocky,arrogant demeanor and liked to joke "Hey auntie":mjlol:. But you could clearly see the passion,anger and conviction when he discussed his beliefs. Its why we loved his character and why he was relatable. Sounds like you wanted a tradition villian who felt like pure evil,when thats not what Killmonger was supposed to be. He is one of Marvels greatest villians,probably only second to Thanos and we are really having this discussion? How many comic villians are putting on Heath Ledger performances in comic book movies:comeon:?and Ledger didn't neccessarily show range as much as he found a great gimmick. He basically bought WWF to the bigscreen and is essentially the Mick Foley of comic book movies. I think you are alone on a island to say he wasn't convincing. You are asking for Oscar Worthy performances,because you can't be comparing his performance with everybody else in these Superhero movies. Because if you were,I certainly don't see how you could pick him out of the haystack and question his acting when he put on one of the best performances in any of these Marvel movies,and obviously thats not a requirement. So yall are in fact nitpicking and focused on him because he is the hot name at the moment,thus forcing you to compare him to the hot names of the past which isn't fair. None of the hot names from Denzel to Will were the BEST black actors in the field of black actors.

Benefited

Banned
Daps
where are the young upcoming black actors legit, nuance and charisma

Michael isn't even Will Smith early Fresh Prince era talented, let alone Denzel

Nate Parker is close but is he super charismatic?

This kid off "Snowfall" will be next,but he's not American.

IVS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
In the sky
He's mediocre. Funny thing is there's plenty of mediocre actors in Hollywood that nobody has this same energy for. I wonder why MBJ is the one coli nikkas seem to be shytting on?:jbhmm:Let Oscar season come around and nikkas want to get their fake militant on about lack of representation when MBJ isn't even allowed to be mediocre. Coli nikkas love them some mediocre Ryan Gosling, doe:mjlit:
Shyt i got the same energy for all them muafuxas. Collin Farrell, Ryan Gosling, hayden christensen...the list goes on. They all cant really act well to me. Michael B is right there with them.