Mike B Jordan really cant act.....

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I've never thought of him as an outstanding actor nor the woat, for me, he is likeable and has charisma :manny:

He's Will Smith status. I'd say he's surpassed him considering Will hasn't been good since "I Am Legend"

:camby:

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
He can act but he has the same emotion for roles that require emotion. You can't tell them apart. Maybe he should start doing comedies or something that won't require his ass to be pent up with rage

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
What can Denzel do that Michael B can't. I think some of you want some whiny european styled crybaby nikkas. That is not what Michael B or Denzel are here for,they are here to play masculine male leads who at times show vulnerablity. And because they are so masculine it impacts the viewer to see them in vulnerable states. But Denzel is mostly Denzel,he is calm and powerful,or intense and powerful. Michael B is a great actor in my book.
He cannot pull off Malcolm or Alonzo ...for now atleast. That scene in the Jungle at the end of the training day got that Oscar for Denzel and he adlib some of the lines

Benefited

Banned
Daps
He cannot pull off Malcolm or Alonzo ...for now atleast. That scene in the Jungle at the end of the training day got that Oscar for Denzel and he adlib some of the lines

I think he could pull off Alonzo,maybe not Malcolm,but like I said I don't think Denzel was that great as Malcolm either. Great performance,but not a great portrayl.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dude is in his early 30s breh :francis: if you don't got it by then, you don't got it. nikka probably been in acting classes for years too :mjlol:

Bullshyt, he can improve, he may not but to act like it's not a possibility because he is 31 is stupid.

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
He's mediocre. Funny thing is there's plenty of mediocre actors in Hollywood that nobody has this same energy for. I wonder why MBJ is the one coli nikkas seem to be shytting on?:jbhmm:Let Oscar season come around and nikkas want to get their fake militant on about lack of representation when MBJ isn't even allowed to be mediocre. Coli nikkas love them some mediocre Ryan Gosling, doe:mjlit:

Being mediocre is fine, as long as the actor is still put in a position to deliver or be convincing in their current role.

He's fine in Creed & Fruitvale, those performances work. I think people just took notice of how cringeworthy he was at times in Black Panther.

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
Everyone can’t be Denzel.
He’s entertaining.

Can the Rock Act?
Can Arnold Act?

Both the Rock & Arnold are very effective in the right roles.

Arnold has the charm to deliver on being bigger than life and so does the Rock in given roles.

Arnold was damn near born to be a star and you could see it back when he was just doing Mr Olympia videos. Every muscle head don't have the charm or expression to deliver on the big screen.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
I would say he had it in FruitVale as well. I love Denzel but I wouldn't put him in the same category as Deniro:comeon:. Denzel is as far from Deniro,as MBJ is from Denzel. Undeniable talents,but different levels of greatness still. I think most of you need to realize he's really starred in nothing but blockbusters not meant to showcase acting talent and lighten up. I don't see anybody busting on The Rocks acting chops:mjlol:. Under the circumstances he's outacted and held hi own with great actors in these blockbuster movies. He sure had pressence enough to steal the show from Tchallas subtle acting. I would argue yes he could become Alonzo based on Killmonger. Denzels Malcolm portrayl is overated and he is still basically Denzel,I could actually argue its a bad portrayl of Malcolm.
this is just a low quality post my man

all to defend MBJ :mjlol:

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
And for someone who can’t act, he’s been in a lot of classic shyt.
that's because he's reaping the "one nikka at a time" push from Hollywood, if there is a nice script that producers want played by a young black actor, he's the go to guy because women view in as a sex symbol and he's been famous for 17 years

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Damn.

I feel like ya'll are being hard on the dude. Given the writing for Creed and Creed II I thought he did great.

The scene of him in the hospital bed I understand if ya;ll think it was a little bit overacted, but the dude is young and I think he's a talented actor.

:yeshrug: Maybe he's not the best but if he gets criticized there are a lot of old timers that should also. Lots of actors almost universally loved get passes for doing the same 1 or 2 notes over and over in every movie the the point where they've become caricatures of themselves.

watch the wire and fruitvale station

he's a megastar now so he's coasting.

i thought he was fine in creed. i haven't seen the new one. i wasn't really impressed with his acting in black panther, but those marvel movies don't really have good acting from anyone, lol. they're set pieces that bring comic books to life and don't have offensively bad acting to take you out of it.
Exactly. In Black Panther I thought his character seemed overly upset about his situation, but he was one of the most enjoyable parts about the movie and I still think a top 3 best Marvel villain along with Thanos and Loki.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
I think he could pull off Alonzo,maybe not Malcolm,but like I said I don't think Denzel was that great as Malcolm either. Great performance,but not a great portrayl.

He definitely can't pull off Alonzo. I just can't picture him pulling off a "KING KONG AIN'T GOT shyt ON ME!!"

matter of fact he was given a more iconic line in black panther with "IS THIS YOUR KING!" and he pretty much fumbled it with his lack of emotion. It's only remembered because the gravity of the scene.