Millenials Are A Trillion Dollars In Debt And Most Don't Even Own A Home

Paisley Darts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Richmond, VA
While I do think that the cost of college is ridiculous, the main problem I see is that parents are letting their kids make horrible decisions. I'm not letting my child go to college out of state and get the same education for 4x the price. I believe I read that the average in state tuition is $12k a year which is manageable... Especially when you think about the average car loan which is reported to be $500 a month, which is absurd. Overall, people are just financially illiterate. People don't understand how money works so they become a slave to it. Carry your ass to a community college, drive a low end car,join the military. You have to do what you can afford. Trying to impress strangers by living beyond your means is stupid and counterproductive to your happiness and peace of mind.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
While I do think that the cost of college is ridiculous, the main problem I see is that parents are letting their kids make horrible decisions. I'm not letting my child go to college out of state and get the same education for 4x the price. I believe I read that the average in state tuition is $12k a year which is manageable... Especially when you think about the average car loan which is reported to be $500 a month, which is absurd. Overall, people are just financially illiterate. People don't understand how money works so they become a slave to it. Carry your ass to a community college, drive a low end car,join the military. You have to do what you can afford. Trying to impress strangers by living beyond your means is stupid and counterproductive to your happiness and peace of mind.

Nah, even those means arent so cheap anymore. We got to lower tuition all over the board and go back it was before the Reagan Administration changed everything. Get the banks out of the administration of these institutions, and put government accountable for this mess. A college campus is not meant to have mini-malls and gentrification-like amenities where 90% of the students are broke.

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

I agree...but if you are thr first one in your family to go to college and don't have great advisement or have a game plan it's hard to avoid these pitfalls. And it's known black folk not at HBCU's get the worst advisement.

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
What the $1.5 trillion does not account for is for parents taking out personal loans and second mortgages at crazy ass rates.

Why would a mother and father send their child to a La Salle or Holy Family University? I understand sending them to a Villanova. I can’t see why they would send them to a Saint Joes.

Parents are crazy.

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
I agree...but if you are thr first one in your family to go to college and don't have great advisement or have a game plan it's hard to avoid these pitfalls. And it's known black folk not at HBCU's get the worst advisement.

I remember being in high school and my counselor telling me to suck a dikk. I had a higher SAT score than the valedictorian. Fast forward to current timeline and schools do not have a counselor.

It almost makes me want to mentor.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
I remember being in high school and my counselor telling me to suck a dikk. I had a higher SAT score than the valedictorian. Fast forward to current timeline and schools do not have a counselor.

It almost makes me want to mentor.

NErFV6F.gif

:laff:

Don't even think my hs had a counselor now that you mention it:patrice: