Most overrated foods

Daps
Reppin
Bucktown, U.S.A. (Harlem, NY) + 'Cuse, NY
What’s northern black American food
You do know that most black ppl whether it be east, west or south virtually eat the same foods...“southern” (I refer to it as black foods) foods aren't exactly limited to just the south...most of the foods y'all make down there are made and eaten up here as well we just don't rely on it from a day to day basis but for special occasions (sunday's, holidays, birthdays, etc)...at least in my family.

Crude

Superstar
Daps
Peanut butter

Beef most cuts are bland and unflavored then you have to be careful not to dry it out when cooking it.

Hash browns

Chicken breasts (see beef above, while very healthy it is bland AF without adding tons of seasoning)

Greens give me cabbages all day long

Most southern soul food with the exception of ribs, fried chicken, and okra. Hot water cornbread, pig feet, oxtails, chitterlings, etc is trash.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Peanut butter

Beef most cuts are bland and unflavored then you have to be careful not to dry it out when cooking it.

Hash browns

Chicken breast (see beef above, while very healthy it is bland AF without adding tons of seasoning)

Green give me cabbages all day long

Most southern soul food with the exception of ribs, fried chicken, and okra. Hot water cornbread, pig feet, oxtails, chitterlings, etc is trash.
Nobody overrating that shyt. :rudy:

curried oxtails is piff though :wow:

Crude

Superstar
Daps
Nobody overrating that shyt. :rudy:

curried oxtails is piff though :wow:
Nah breh I don't know what part of the country you from, but Blacks folks eat that shyt like it's going out of style in the south.

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Swine!

Overrated AF! That include ribs, bacon, ham and ALL swine related foods & products.:scust:

Crude

Superstar
Daps
I know pork is unhealthy AF and other people don't fool with it for religious reasons, but from a flavor perspective it shyts all over beef.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I know pork is unhealthy AF and other people don't fool with it for religious reasons, but from a flavor perspective it shyts all over beef.
According to several convicted cannibals it's the closest in similarity to the flavor of human flesh.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You do know that most black ppl whether it be east, west or south virtually eat the same foods...“southern” (I refer to it as black foods) foods aren't exactly limited to just the south...most of the foods y'all make down there are made and eaten up here as well we just don't rely on it from a day to day basis but for special occasions (sunday's, holidays, birthdays, etc)...at least in my family.

:dwillhuh:

I think you misread why I quoted that poster. Also, :dead: at believing southerners eat fried pork chops with onion gravy and Mac n cheese every day..... :mjlol:

Coolin'

All Star
Daps

Yeah, I was thinking the same. When people do say “southern black food” I think of chitterlings, hog maws, neck bones - things that make me gag; no judgment to whoever eats that. But really all black people pretty much eat the same things.

-

I cannot bring myself to eat shrimp. No matter the way it’s prepared, I just can’t.
:picard:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Peanut butter

Hash browns

Chicken breasts (see beef above, while very healthy it is bland AF without adding tons of seasoning)

Greens give me cabbages all day long

Cornbread Ox Tails and chitterlings are southern foods?

Crude

Superstar
Daps
According to several convicted cannibals it's the closest in similarity to the flavor of human flesh.
Doesn't matter to me it's still better tastewise than most cuts of beef and as well as chicken breasts in my opinion.

Obviously it's unhealthy as fukk and I wouldn't eat it everyday but like I said it it tastes better to me.
Cornbread Ox Tails and chitterlings are southern foods?
Yes southern brehs and brehettes eat that shyt up. It's disgusting to me, but I like pork chops occasionally.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Doesn't matter to me it's still better tastewise than most cuts of beef and as well as chicken breasts in my opinion.

Obviously it's unhealthy as fukk and I wouldn't eat it everyday but like I said it it tastes better to me.

Yes southern brehs and brehettes eat that shyt up. It's disgusting to me, but I like pork chops occasionally.

So Midwest and East coast nikkas don’t eat cornbread and oxtails? I just want to be clear here

Crude

Superstar
Daps
So Midwest and East coast nikkas don’t eat cornbread and oxtails? I just want to be clear here
I'm not sure, I live in the south and unless I'm off my travels are limited to the south.

I didn't think their were many of us in the Midwest to begin with. I don't know what cuisines East Coast brothas and sistas grubbing on.