NBA rookies “One Gotta Go” | Kendrick vs. Drake vs. J. Cole, Kendrick picked unanimously

Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps
Which is why I asked why 2013 specifically. Cole dropped 2014 FHD and has been favored since then.

FHD imo wasn't for "casual" listeners yet its revered.

FHD was basically 2015 but nah I know, I remember it cuz I been a Cole fan and then everyone started becoming stans after that which surprised me cuz I still like 3 projects Cole dropped before FHD more

Cole more consistent tho, drops more often and easier to listen to, Kendrick too “different” so a lot of people ain’t really rocking wit it

Cole got it rn tho I feel, cuz he makes more accessible music like the joint he got wit Da Baby and he’s on The London, he makes sure he’s still in rotation

Kendrick just pop up then disappear

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Like someone said on Twitter, I’d like to see one with the vets on it.

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
FHD was basically 2015 but nah I know, I remember it cuz I been a Cole fan and then everyone started becoming stans after that which surprised me cuz I still like 3 projects Cole dropped before FHD more

Cole more consistent tho, drops more often and easier to listen to, Kendrick too “different” so a lot of people ain’t really rocking wit it

Cole got it rn tho I feel, cuz he makes more accessible music like the joint he got wit Da Baby and he’s on The London, he makes sure he’s still in rotation

Kendrick just pop up then disappear
It was late 2014 but you're right. GKMC had Kendrick ahead for a year or so but Cole has always been favored ever since they debut.

Those three projects better be FNL, Warm Up, and BS :usure:

Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps
It was late 2014 but you're right. GKMC had Kendrick ahead for a year or so but Cole has always been favored ever since they debut.

Those three projects better be FNL, Warm Up, and BS :usure:

It was December 9th, but yeah once Cole came back wit that he shot up to that next level

And most definitely, I still play all 3 often :wow:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I was born in 2000 :mjlol: but I’m a music head

These dudes ain’t really fans of the music they just listen to what’s hot, they’re teenage athletes

Kendrick ain’t drop a solo since 2017, and DAMN was HUGE, but people just wanna try an run wit an anti Kendrick narrative
Nah you assuming. Zion is a huge Jay Z stan, loves The Blueprint, plays a Jay song before every game

Damn was huge but it also one of the most mass marketed, industry pushed albums I ever seen

Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps
Nah you assuming. Zion is a huge Jay Z stan, loves The Blueprint, plays a Jay song before every game

Damn was huge but it also one of the most mass marketed, industry pushed albums I ever seen

Jay is Jay tho, Jay got hits for like 20 years, he’s a special case

And I don’t pay attention to that but I remember Love, DNA, Humble and Loyalty being HUGE songs, everyone f’d wit at least 1 or 2 of em

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
It was December 9th, but yeah once Cole came back wit that he shot up to that next level

And most definitely, I still play all 3 often :wow:

Those better be:ufdup:

Its bizarre when you go back because Cole had blew up, no pun, and Kendrick was just seen as the lil nikka that had next. Now they're both looked at as equals and regarded as two of the top rappers in the game.

I don't think we'll ever see a trio stay relevant as long as Drake, Cole, and Kendrick have.

Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps
Those better be:ufdup:

Its bizarre when you go back because Cole had blew up, no pun, and Kendrick was just seen as the lil nikka that had next. Now they're both looked at as equals and regarded as two of the top rappers in the game.

I don't think we'll ever see a trio stay relevant as long as Drake, Cole, and Kendrick have.

Yea cuz Cole was on the come up for a while and already was pretty established wit hits, Kendrick came out of nowhere to most people

But it is crazy, I don’t think dudes ever coexisted and had the game on lock like them 3, probably cuz the previous biggest rappers was dissing each other, Pac vs Big, Wu dissed Big, 50 dissed everyone, Jay vs Nas, Cube an NWA, Dre and Eazy, etc

And at this point I don’t see nobody threatening their reign cuz nobody can come in and fill their lane, raps sound has change soooo many times during their time and they still stayed on top

Only dude who had a run close was when Future was really poppin

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GKMC was his most accessible project, came out late 2012 and bled into 2013, i was in like 7th-8th grade during that time and Kendrick was HUGE to everyone

TPAB was too different for mainstream listeners, it had acclaim and real fans loved it but the casuals ain’t rock with it

Edit: and Cole ain’t become a phenom til FHD came out, EVERYONE hopped on that bandwagon and he’s been going strong since
I think it’s pretty safe to say that DAMN is now Kendrick’s most accessible album

That being said, the video was a very small sample size. And are any of those rookies from the West Coast?