NIKKI D: 'THE FEMALE GENRE OF HIP HOP TODAY IS THE ‘PROSTITUTION ERA'’ | RockTheBells.com

TripleAgent

Holding my nuts fukking thousand dollar lesbians
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
because males still don't really wanna hear them rap. We wanna watch them twerk.

Eve was a great balance of sex without selling sex (and it helped that she was being co-signed by the grimiest collective out there in Ruff Ryders; she was out there in their image at first, not her own).

Nicki at one point felt she was on that wave too where yeah she was provocative, but she'd have plenty of moments where she would go in and spit. That's kinda what we'll tolerate: you gotta be a baddie but also just go crazy with the bars even though in general we don't appreciate that as much, which is why the Ice Spice's and even Doja Cat who are rap nerds don't just spit (I'll give Doja credit for at least making a mostly rap record last time out)
Being sexy helps, but you gotta be able to RAP rap, and these broads (and 90% of these younger nikkas) don't want to work and get nice at rapping, they think you can mumble some garbage over a "hot" beat, and boom, you're rich and famous. They're taking shorts because being a real artist takes talent and/or a ton of hard work.

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
Yeah, but once she turned rapper she was about the music and not on the thot wave that Trina and Kim were. If you didn't know she used to be a stripper she didn't come across as one

Either way, her and trina laid the groundwork for it.....she just happened to rap way better than most.
Drake, Cole, Kendrick and others managed to be successful after the gangster era. Why cant their female equivalents flourish? shyt Nicki was successful as basically a female Drake before she pretty much kicked off modern whore rap. People take what you shove down their throats :dame:. You keep giving them stretwalker bops and they are gonna rock to it.

Their equivalents can't flourish cause neither men or women want to listen/look at them...and their lane got killed off. The other part of this, is that women want to look at and look like Megan,Saweetie,Cardi,Latto,Nicki, Doja(before she went weird) etc.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Being sexy helps, but you gotta be able to RAP rap, and these broads (and 90% of these younger nikkas) don't want to work and get nice at rapping, they think you can mumble some garbage over a "hot" beat, and boom, you're rich and famous. They're taking shorts because being a real artist takes talent and/or a ton of hard work.
Big time agree on this

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
This.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
those-are-facts.gif

She said nothing wrong.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Lil Kim,Trina and Eve effectively killed off any chance for a woman to just rap and be successful.

This is what women have dictated that they want, if they REALLY wanted to listen to Rapsody she'd be on that stage.
Kim and Eve could REALLY rap though, so that doesn’t make any sense.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
She’s right obviously…but Ice Spice looked sexy af bustin out that skirt tho, whoever told you different is full of shyt, 😆. I don’t even think she bad like that (her body is) but yeah, nah, that shyt was sexy as sh!t

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
Kim and Eve could REALLY rap though, so that doesn’t make any sense.

Kim could REALLY rap what people wrote for her..... But to try to exclude her when she is the prototype for what all these other women have modeled themselves to be for success is crazy.

Eve, in her defense... wasn't going to be able to be rapping about being a hoe on Ruff Ryders tracks, and balanced her sex appeal without being a hoe better than anyone.... but the fact still remains is that she's literally a stripper turned rapper.

Mag Wheel

Pro
Daps
I'm laughing just like you are....but you gotta remember the age demo of a lot of cats on here.
I’m over 40. Don’t rewrite history. She was not that good. Her biggest joint “Daddy’s little girl” wasn’t fire. I used to get pissed every time that video came on. She wasn’t better than most of her peers at the time. Not Latifah or Lyte. shyt. I liked Isis more.