NIKKI D: 'THE FEMALE GENRE OF HIP HOP TODAY IS THE ‘PROSTITUTION ERA'’ | RockTheBells.com

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I’m over 40. Don’t rewrite history. She was not that good. Her biggest joint “Daddy’s little girl” wasn’t fire. I used to get pissed every time that video came on. She wasn’t better than most of her peers at the time. Not Latifah or Lyte. shyt. I liked Isis more.

Nah Nikki was nice. She wasn't Lyte or Latifah no doubt but she could rap.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
I'm just mad at how WACK all this shyt is.

Dress as Betty Boop, show ya ass, drunk lean, tat your face... none of that matters. What matters is wether your shyt is dope.

ODB wasn't a pillar of the community. He did dumb shyt all the way up to early death.. but his shyt was dope. Bushwick. DMX. Lots of dudes were out of control. But the reason we were watching wasn't about the sad parts. It was about the flashes of brilliance.

This new shyt is just 100% trash. That's my beef. She got her ass out but besides that there's literally nothing dope going on.

DarkmanX

All Star
Daps
I’ve seen a few chicks on twitter say the same about the performance. Shorty had her whole ass out at one point. I’m not complaining but it’s wild seeing how flagrant shyt has gotten

Yeah, she should've just taken her dress off and perform. Made me uncomfortable to watch her in a dress

:takedat:

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
I do notice a lot of the older women are mad that they weren't able to profit off their bodies back in the day like how Latto,Cardi,Ice Spice and Megan can... they stuck wearing track suits and hoping that they'll get enough tickets sold at they show to keep the lights on.

But FWIW, this is what Vida Guerra and Gloria Velez were trying to be back when video girls were a thing.

DonRe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Losing battle.

Since when has rap been about talent. Or principles. Not hiphop. But rap?

Culture vultures come in all shapes and sizes. And this what that is.

Ppl
Cant even agree that shorty is a wack performer and has no lyrically or unique thought.

But we got to accept it. Cuz what again?

V Skyye

All Star
Daps
I do notice a lot of the older women are mad that they weren't able to profit off their bodies back in the day like how Latto,Cardi,Ice Spice and Megan can... they stuck wearing track suits and hoping that they'll get enough tickets sold at they show to keep the lights on.

But FWIW, this is what Vida Guerra and Gloria Velez were trying to be back when video girls were a thing.

These younger girls careers aren’t going anywhere either and their shelf lives are just as short. None are selling records or concert tickets. Nicki was the last. Megan has done ok but she’s pretty much done.