Okay, let's have a real thread: How do you deal with DEPRESSION?

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
1. Take a break from this site
2. Focus on yourself
I took three breaks from here.
I like venting and talking on here.
If i didn't...I would go insane cause I can't talk about black people stuff with the people I know here in Denver right now. That's the number one reason I'm on here. I can actually relate to the topics and the stuff being talked about on here. I don't feel "alone" on here. I know I can talk about the things the affect me as a black person and know people will agree or relate.

And that's great.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
I should also encourage black men to be more open about their feelings given the struggles we go through in this society. Bottling everything up inside is destructive to one's mind, body, and soul. Most of us are depressed, hurting, lonely, dealing with PTSD, stress, racism, a society that constantly wants to view us as a problem...that can really do damage on you.

It's all about mental and physical fitness. Part of that is recognizing problems in one's life and how to fix it. But in order to fix the problem...you gotta know it's there.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
1. Realize that you only have so much emotional energy and value it. This world wants you to give a fukk about everything, but too many people dont ask "why?" News is terrible for the mind because it reinforces your powerlessness.

2. Talk to a doctor. A physical thing may be contributing to your depression. Youd be surprised how often this happens.

3. Recognize there's no such thing as a problem free life and ask yourself "what kind of problems would I rather have? Are the problems i have now better than the problems i could have or that I had a few years back?"

4. Depression and pain are parts of life, and it's a matter of asking yourself "what can I do with these feelings? What am I being taught by feeling this way?"

These all help me to stay focused and I of course try to engage with hobbies that inspire perseverance and a feeling of efficacy.

No Hook

Surrounded By Hate Yet I Love Home
Daps
Reppin
Philly
I took three breaks from here.
I like venting and talking on here.
If i didn't...I would go insane cause I can't talk about black people stuff with the people I know here in Denver right now. That's the number one reason I'm on here. I can actually relate to the topics and the stuff being talked about on here. I don't feel "alone" on here. I know I can talk about the things the affect me as a black person and know people will agree or relate.

And that's great.

Not trying to be rude but do you have any friends?

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
I sought help when I couldn’t take it anymore anything else is just putting bandaids on an large gaping wound :manny:

Get help brehs even if you think you’re just in a funky mood..

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Music, Photography, walks, talking and being able to see more Pros within myself then Cons (Loving me at the end of the day).

Most importantly knowing that there are always better days ahead and more better than bad.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Not trying to be rude but do you have any friends?
Yes, I do.
but this bides my time.

I always find it funny when people make threads like this and automatically assume that poster is a shut in with no social life.

Ofcourse I have friends. I was just hanging out with my friends on Friday night drinking for a birthday party.
:mjlol:

But as always with some people...you have to put a face on you refrain from certain topics cause you know certain people just can't relate and you're not going to get the answers you really want and desire.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
I love how people assume that cause you post on a message board you have no friends...like the trope of the internet being for friendless nerds died somewhere in the mid 2000s. Everybody is on the internet now.
:mjlol:

Like nikkas forgot most of the world is shut down right now and on some quarantine of some sort over a deadly virus that's got millions globally infected.

nikka we all in the same boat right now.
:stopitslime:

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
7de786a0376fc40f07fe123c756511e1.jpg

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
Find what makes you happy and do it without a chance of anyone else interrupting that. Sounds simple, but it can be really difficult for some folks trying to take their mind off of being depressed, while they still saddled to other obligations and people that will temporarily derail them from achieving a comfortable centre to just enjoy yourself and being alive in the moment.

That's why I often turn off my phone when I need "Me" time so that I don't have to deal with anyone or anything and just chill. Out of all the drugs I've done, It's Ironic that the one I've avoided for so long, was the one to give me the best long lasting euphoric feeling that helps me to cope with when life's dragging me down and I can't shoulder the burden without lashing out, or fuming to the point of doing such.

Roll a joint, turn on some Reggae or some Cartoons and just chill, alone or in the lap of an agreeable female and just forget what's ailing me for a moment and let my mind wander. Outside of smoking weed through Grief, I've never not toked some herb and failed to feel good during and afterwards.

Also, taking a bath and drinking a cold glass of water really helps me too, but then again I'm often dirty and dehydrated at times, so maybe I'm just appreciating going back to normal rather then finding some sort of weird comfort from it...but then again I'm a pretty weird guy, so there's that too.