Okay, let's have a real thread: How do you deal with DEPRESSION?

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
We really need to learn..
How to separate actual depression..
From feelings of inadequacy, loneliness and being misunderstood..
Sure..
The terms used to describe these conditions are synonymous in theory/nature..
But if you have never seen real depression up close..
I can understand not being able to differentiate between the symptoms..
Start writing..
Find a new hobby that lets you create with your hands..
Do activities that use your cranial lobes..
Learn to accept things for what they are..
Learn..
Try again..
Adapt..

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Will go through the thread later but some quick stuff

- Exercise helps a lot to release that chemical that plays a role in happiness.
- Do stuff. In the sense that depression is often linked with the feeling of inactivity or not achieving things. Now you might say that you already do tons of stuff (work, house chores, etc) but is it stuff that leaves you "satisfied" or you feel has a purpose? "Making bread" isn't a purpose, it's a means to something else. That's why you could make 2000 a week and feel like shyt, while the next dude makes 500 and isn't depressed.
-Clean your house. Sounds stupid but it's satisfying and liberates all kinds of bad energy, and literally makes you see clearer. Also throwing away stuff helps. Less weight. Even if it's just old magazines, books, etc.
-Walking helps, even more so if you can go to a green area and just chill there. Not necessarily with friends, music or a book, but just being there in the nature and taking it in. Not even on some pseudo new-age bs, but we've lost our connection to nature and cities are not our natural habitat. Walls, cars, noise everywhere. We all need a break from that.
-Speaking of breaks, take some time away from the internet, and if you can from screens altogether. Constant information overaload is too much for our brains, it tires it. Also we tend to compare ourselves we what we see online, and might be frustated by that. And obviously vast portions of the internet is basically negative information, haters, more stuff that makes us depressed. Get what you need as info/entertainment and get away.

PaperEnterprise

It's the inner strength..
Daps
Reppin
New York
I never dealt with depression and anxiety till like 35ish...i am gonna be 39 in November.

Put it this way, majority of anxiety was money related and being around shytty people.

I removed negative people away from me. Stopped caring what others thought. Cut off eating shytty food. I stopped pleasing family and became goal driven.

I still have my moments but thats like everyone who goes through difficult times.

Bottom line, i put myself first and gained my confidence again. I truly made some shytty friends in life

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I never dealt with depression and anxiety till like 35ish...i am gonna be 39 in November.

Put it this way, majority of anxiety was money related and being around shytty people.

I removed negative people away from me. Stopped caring what others thought. Cut off eating shytty food. I stopped pleasing family and became goal driven.

I still have my moments but thats like everyone who goes through difficult times.

Bottom line, i put myself first and gained my confidence again. I truly made some shytty friends in life
Man you nailed it.
I was so concerned with making other people happy, but I was neglecting my own well being.
I had to learn it's ok to put yourself first and not feel guilty about it.
I had cut out certain family and friends out of my life also.

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
When you're depressed, don't feel pressure to handle extra responsibilities. Dont guilt yourself for not being productive enough.

At some point, you will fall off that good path and relapse into depression. Don't panic when that shyt happens.

Don't become entirely invested in keeping it real. Give your imagination some room to breathe. Im especially talking about in regards to women and shyt like that.

I know dudes who don't get p*ssy, who have accepted the fact that they aren't attractive. I think that conflicts with our very survival instincts.

A large part of what we see as "the truth" is just a projection of our lowest form of self. We're depression prone and cynical. So we convince ourselves that our lowest form of self is what's accurate.

At the same time, don't gas yourself up too much. There were times I convinced myself I was a musical genius. You will get burned like that.

I think common survival instinct goes a long way.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When you're depressed, don't feel pressure to handle extra responsibilities. Dont guilt yourself for not being productive enough.

At some point, you will fall off that good path and relapse into depression. Don't panic when that shyt happens.

Don't become entirely invested in keeping it real. Give your imagination some room to breathe. Im especially talking about in regards to women and shyt like that.

I know dudes who don't get p*ssy, who have accepted the fact that they aren't attractive. I think that conflicts with our very survival instincts.

A large part of what we see as "the truth" is just a projection of our lowest form of self. We're depression prone and cynical. So we convince ourselves that our lowest form of self is what's accurate.

At the same time, don't gas yourself up too much. There were times I convinced myself I was a musical genius. You will get burned like that.

I think common survival instinct goes a long way.
You feel like the weight of the world is on your shoulders, and when can’t come through in a clutch you feel like shyt