Old Head: Was OJ Simpson a star like Lebron is now?

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I heard he was a phenom. I wonder how big he was against say, Bruce Jenner. I know nothing about this since this all was before my time.

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
u couldnt find one, u would have to fuse people together.... like people mentioned above, tiger acceptance with the personality of straham but there still missing something... u know what maybe mj would be a good comparison

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
Lebron is relagated to the sports world whereas OJ crossed over into Hollywood via TV and movies. He had the trust level and admiration to Bill Cosby comparatively speaking....

Rick Fox at UNC

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Boys
:patrice: I never put much thought into it until now, but OJ maybe the goat athlete/actor

Transcendent. He was almost cast as the Terminator.

Michael Strahan is exactly what O.J. was. Where Blacks like my mom like him and cacs love him.

Man go ahead with this. Not even close. OJ was a smooth, funny, charismatic, and handsome dude who made fans of pretty much everyone who was around him. Dude legitimately had that aura on and off the field. There really aren't any year 2000+ athletes who folks are in awe of like that.

Goofy, gap-toothed Michael Strahan can't even piece together one or two coherent sentences without sounding like Sylvester from the tweety bird cartoons. There is nothing smooth about that doofball.

Look at this shyt...:scust:

Dude can't stop with the goofy smiling, he can't sit still, he's in awe of everyone he meets. There is nothing smooth or charismatic about his body language.

He's a fun-loving goofball and that works for him, but he ain't on the level.

Lebron is relagated to the sports world whereas OJ crossed over into Hollywood via TV and movies. He had the trust level and admiration to Bill Cosby comparatively speaking....

Exactly. Matter fact, I was going to post this...

sM3sgfR.jpg

It really is lost on cats how naturally poised, confident, and charismatic that generation of black men were.

The disrespect :snoop:

This ain't no hate on my side but the guy is corny.

He's a try hard when it comes to personality, fashion, charisma, humor, leadership, and everything else (most of these dudes are).

Jesus...:snoop:

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Nobody gives a fukk about lebron outside of the sports world. OJ was on another level

Imagine if lebron was lebron in basketball, was the main dude people were checking for at the MET gala, chilled with leonardo dicarpio and lapo elkann on the regular, was on tavis smiley/larry king show talking about non basketball subjects, and was lead actor in the last Rocky

I never saw OJ play a single down of football and I knew of him as a star by the time i was in middle school

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
Transcendent. He was almost cast as the Terminator.

Man go ahead with this. Not even close. OJ was a smooth, funny, charismatic, and handsome dude who made fans of pretty much everyone who was around him. Dude legitimately had that aura on and off the field. There really aren't any year 2000+ athletes who folks are in awe of like that.

Goofy, gap-toothed Michael Strahan can't even piece together one or two coherent sentences without sounding like Sylvester from the tweety bird cartoons. There is nothing smooth about that doofball.

Look at this shyt...:scust:

Dude can't stop with the goofy smiling, he can't sit still, he's in awe of everyone he meets. There is nothing smooth or charismatic about his body language.

He's a fun-loving goofball and that works for him, but he ain't on the level.

Exactly. Matter fact, I was going to post this...

sM3sgfR.jpg

It really is lost on cats how naturally poised, confident, and charismatic that generation of black men were.

This ain't no hate on my side but the guy is corny.

He's a try hard when it comes to personality, fashion, charisma, humor, leadership, and everything else (most of these dudes are).

Jesus...:snoop:

What about Michael Jordan?