Oldheads: how did y'all survive 1991???

The Pledge

THE PRICE OF THE BRICK GOING UP!
Daps
I was 7-8 in Miami. I dunno how the fukk I made it out of there unscathed.

A lot of war stories happened at that time.

I think my pops was in prison at the time too. :wow:

Luck of the draw.

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
Around that time in Pittsburgh they had Task Force cops literally rounding up brehs in the hood. The crime was getting out of hand and they went full overboard.

If you was in the hood and was outside loitering around chilling then plain clothed cops in unmarked vans would just pull up, snatch you up and zip tie you. Then run you for warrants and see what you had on you. I had cousins who was running with gangs and they was all shook

In 92 when the La Riots happened for some reason the cops used that as an excuse to go ham all the way over in Pittsburgh. They preemptively issued a curfew that a lot of people did not even know about. They were snatching unaware brehs off the curb

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
now, that i think about it, i got in my first fight in 1991. But, we made up after going to get honey buns and capri suns. Twas a simpler time. All off mama's jokes. ( to this day Josiah won't-say-his-last-name) and I are cool. It was cool being a kid then, not that I think about it. :pachaha:
I fought a Chinese dude in Math class right after lunch because he wouldn't stop picking on me. Some white chick who had a crush on me broke it up (she showed me her tatas later but that's another story). This was 12 grade and it just the three of us in Math class by ourselves for reasons unknown. He wasn't the only bully and far from the scariest but then dumb ass niccas I only had to deal with on the bus, this dude talked shiet all day long and enough was enough.