Oldheads.. i just read kurt cobains biography :wow:

Marco Zen

Black Privilege
Daps
Reppin
The Other A
The book Heavier than heaven. It's crazy to me how insanely talented that dude was as an artist, but behind all the talent was such a mess of a man. He didn't have a hard upbringing, his parents divorced when he was young but still remained in his life and were decent parents. Cobain was just an odd egg from the start. He liked to keep rats as pets. He hated brushing his teeth., (among many other gross habits) Overall He hated life. What I got from the book was the only thing that made life halfway bearable was creating art and not even that was enough towards the end. All the money, fame, top of the industry, worshipped by fans across the world... not enough to stop him blowing his brains out.

The guy was literally the embodiment of the gift and the curse.

These "celebrities" we see and follow, behind that fame these mfs be having huge flaws we don't see. R Kelly, Pac, DMX the list goes on and on..

If you think hitting the lottery or making alot of money is gonna make life better, if you're already a mess of a person, how's money gonna fix that.

:francis:

Marco Zen

Black Privilege
Daps
Reppin
The Other A
That In Utero album. He hated Courtney Loves guts too. Dude made “I’m married, buried” the hook :dead:
I believe it

The book talked about one of his assistants going grocery shopping with him and Courtney and how they had no concept of how to get groceries or personal items. That they were just throwing things in the cart that had nothing to do with what they needed or their lives. Said it was like shopping with two 5 year olds.

Wig Twistin Season

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I do think most great art comes from trauma or pain. It’s unfortunate and that’s why a lot of successful artists can no longer produce great art. Either the trauma got addressed or the pain was relieved. And then you have artists who don’t leave the hood, are heavy into drugs or are just fukked up people and continue to make amazing art, but their lives are wrecks. See Cobain, DMX, Prince, etc.