Oldheads.. i just read kurt cobains biography :wow:

Ku$h Parker

For The Burbs Not The Streets
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Prime Minister of S.B. Westside
nu-metal wouldnt have happened. there was a giant void when he died
Even if Kurt didnt up the Gauge to his Dome he woulda went out like Layne and just been even more of a Junkie and woulda kept refusing/escaping Rehab:francis: and as a result Nirvana woulda split like AIC did,Nu Metal was gonna happen one way or another with the other Bands Splintering due to Addiction/Toxicity...would it be as Big(if not bigger than)Grunge or not?id think so,hell Celebrity Skin is a lot different than Live Thru This

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Great book. It's kind of wild to think about how starkly different music and audiences are right now. Whether you liked rock music or not there was a long period of time where you generally knew who "the" big rock band was. From grunge like Nirvana through nu metal in the early 00s and then garage rock. But after the Foo Fighters I can't say I can think of a new-ish or current rock band that anyone gives a fukk about. White boys are almost exclusively into rap now. You even see rap imaging and branding going heavy on goth shyt that once was a rock staple. Carti's entire look, and the look of his clones (Ken Carson) is straight up rock shyt for white boys.

What a contrast to the Cobain era where they were selling obscene amounts of albums, dominating MTV, massive tours, etc. That shyt was cool at one point, from fashion to the image. Now there's nothing cool about rock.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I believe it

The book talked about one of his assistants going grocery shopping with him and Courtney and how they had no concept of how to get groceries or personal items. That they were just throwing things in the cart that had nothing to do with what they needed or their lives. Said it was like shopping with two 5 year olds.
Lol what does that even mean though? If they're grocery shopping any food they throw in the cart would be fine no? And if you're rich you're not just grabbing what you need when you're at the store. Sounds like the assistant just wanted to tell a story.

Lootha VanDraws

'The Night I Fell in Love' is the GOAT R&B album
Daps
...peep the fiend shootin' diesel in his arm in the alley,
look at the chrome spinners spinnin' on that black Denali.

:youngsabo:

Clayton Endicott

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
A lodge of the Saints John of Jerusalem

:scusthov:
Being in the same room as Courtney Love.
I stayed with a friend in California that ran in circles that included Courtney and the 2-3 times I met her, she smelt like an aggressive yeast infection.
Two of those times were out in public. In the street.
Downwind scent made your tonsils hairy.
I've never heard that feeling described like that! I'm crying :deadrose: . When something smells so bad, it makes your tonsils burn :dead:

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You know one thing that ive noticed that a lot of people leave out about kurt is how he was suspected of being in the closet. :sas2: He also was into cross dressing and at times questioning his gender and sexual orientation.

Considering how the industry is and what you hear. One of kurts friends was michael stripe of rem. :sas2: he actually moved to seattle and brought the property across from kurt and courtney. They were good friends. look up what michael stripe sexual orientation is. Just saying.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: TEH

Fill Collins

I like the one that says shum pulp
Daps
You know one thing that ive noticed that a lot of people leave out about kurt is how he was suspected of being in the closet. :sas2: He also was into cross dressing and at times questioning his gender and sexual orientation.

Considering how the industry is and what you hear. One of kurts friends was michael stripe of rem. :sas2: he actually moved to seattle and brought the property across from kurt and courtney. They were good friends. look up what michael stripe sexual orientation is. Just saying.
He was bicurious, I used to think Kurt was cool and read heavier than heaven a lot...then I became 15

You gay mfs put stereotypes on yourselves, ppl just can't be friends to y'all :skip:

ofc buddy was a faq, his last name is stipe

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He was bicurious, I used to think Kurt was cool and read heavier than heaven a lot...then I became 15

You gay mfs put stereotypes on yourselves, ppl just can't be friends to y'all :skip:

ofc buddy was a faq, his last name is stipe

Breh, im just saying. I get it but why put something in the open if you arent trying to send a message especially in the early 90s. Not say kurt was gay but apparently he wasnt trying to be the stereotypical guy and actually disliked masculine men. He was a self proclaimed feminist. Basically, he was a gen z'er in the 90s.

Fill Collins

Daps
Breh, im just saying. I get it but why put something in the open if you arent trying to send a message especially in the early 90s. Not say kurt was gay but apparently he wasnt trying to be the stereotypical guy. He was a self proclaimed feminist. Basically, he was a gen z'er in the 90s.
I'm not homophobic, despite my coarse language, but come on, he was a musician, he had all kinds of friends and yes, he was openly bisexual :manny:

Does that mean they were fukkin? :dame:

I have queer friends, I hang out with some of them and the subject never comes up :mjtf:

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not homophobic, despite my coarse language, but come on, he was a musician, he had all kinds of friends and yes, he was openly bisexual :manny:

Does that mean they were fukkin? :dame:

I have queer friends, I hang out with some of them and the subject never comes up :mjtf:

Im bringing it up because you know how some people are when they hear this info... :mjlol:

Fill Collins

Daps
Im bringing it up because you know how some people are when they hear this info... :mjlol:
Gossipy, just like a woman, man why do y'all act like carcicatures of women? It's weird, I thought y'all liked men :mindblown:

Marco Zen

Black Privilege
Daps
Reppin
The Other A
Lol what does that even mean though? If they're grocery shopping any food they throw in the cart would be fine no? And if you're rich you're not just grabbing what you need when you're at the store. Sounds like the assistant just wanted to tell a story.

What I took from it is they were grabbing things they obviously didn't need and were just on some "hey, look at us we're shopping" shyt... things like a bag of onions with nothing else to go with it etc.