Opinion: The Black Los Angeles I grew up with is slipping away

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
i swear some of these ppl see it but just play dumb.........

I posted before, back to 2017, how Hispanic cops are buying off roster guns and selling them to Hispanic gangmenbers:
ATF found LA-area police selling hard-to-get weapons, some that ended up at crime scenes

By: Brian Day (Brian.Day@sgvn.com)

POSTED: Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 4:11 p.m.
UPDATED: 5 DAYS AGO

AR-170419768.jpg

Officers of the Pasadena Police Department gather along with deputies from the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department and agents from the FBI on Wilson Avenue and Maple Street on March 14, 2013 during a shooting investigation. (SGVN/Photo by Walt Mancini/SXCity)

LOS ANGELES >> The head of the Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives in Los Angeles has cautioned Southland police departments to watch out for the "growing trend" of law enforcement officers engaging in unlicensed, illegal firearms dealing.

In an advisory distributed to area police and sheriff's departments and dated March 31, Special Agent in Charge of the ATF in Los Angeles Eric D. Harden warned that the agency has learned of an "emerging problem" with respect to law enforcement officers buying and then reselling guns, in possible violation of federal firearms law.

The involved guns include many which are considered "off-roster" under California law, meaning that they can be purchased only by law enforcement officers and are not available to the general public.

"Recently, ATF has discovered that some law enforcement officers who do not have a (Federal Firearms License) are purchasing 'off roster' firearms and reselling those firearms to non-law enforcement entities for a profit," Harden wrote.

Some of the weapons have turned up at crime scenes.

"In some instances, ATF has discovered officers who purchased more than 100 'off roster' firearms that were subsequently transferred to non-law enforcement individuals," Harden continued. "Such transactions potentially constitute violations of federal firearms laws, to include dealing firearms without a FFL, and lying on a federal firearms form when purchasing said firearm - also known as 'straw purchasing.' "

Officials declined to provide details regarding the incidents described in the advisory.

ATF agents conducted a search at a Sierra Madre home of a Pasadena police lieutenant on Feb. 16. Officials reportedly seized numerous large gun cases from the home, though no arrests were made. Federal officials released no information about the raid, and Pasadena police have deferred to the ATF for comment.

ATF Spokeswoman Ginger Colburn said the agency could not discuss whether the February raid helped prompt the ATF advisory.

"As a matter of (Department of Justice) policy, ATF cannot comment on any ongoing investigation or confirm individuals involved," she said.

The lieutenant remains on paid leave pending the investigation, Pasadena Police Chief Phillip Sanchez said. He declined to comment further.

The involved lieutenant has also declined to comment.

While individuals can sell personal firearms without a federal firearms license, anyone engaged in the business of firearms sales must obtain a federal license, Colburn said.

Harden also noted in the letter that filling out paperwork while purchasing a firearm to indicate the weapon for personal use while intending to sell it or otherwise give to someone else is also a federal crime for anyone, including law enforcement.

A conviction for dealing in firearms without a license carries a maximum penalty of five years in prison and a $250,000 fine. Making a false statement to a Federal firearms licensee when acquiring a firearm carries a maximum sentence of 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

Harden's advisory described the issue as a "growing trend."

"ATF believed education is the most effective way to stop the growing trend of law enforcement officials engaging in the business of unlicensed firearms dealings," Harden said in the advisory. "It is our goal to educate, not investigate, to ensure law enforcement officials comply with federal law in order to avoid unnecessary public embarrassment to themselves and your Department/Agency."

But he added, "When presented with compelling evidence of flagrant violations of federal firearms laws, ATF is obligated to conduct a criminal investigation."

Via: ATF found LA-area police selling hard-to-get weapons, some that ended up at crime scenes

They really only melt down guns they do not want or are illegal, but they really keep them and sell them and make money.

Remember they gave back the gun that George Zimmerman's used to murder Travon Martin and then he sold it in a private auction.

I have a buddy that left the Sheriffs dept. out here and they sell back guns or keep them that they want. It's just like with Money and Drugs.

Last year some cops in Gardena (It's south of LA), were caught selling illegal guns on instagram. Majority of the cops out here in LA are Latino/Hispanic and they sell them back to Latino gang members:

Gardena Police Officers Convicted of Illegal Gun Dealing, Selling Guns to Felons
LOCAL NEWS

by: Brian Day

Posted: Nov 20, 2019 / 06:03 PM PST / Updated: Nov 20, 2019 / 06:24 PM PST
gardena-od.jpg

A police SUV is seen outside the Gardena Police Department headquarters on March 26, 2018. (Credit: KTLA)

A jury convicted two longtime Gardena police officers of federal charges Wednesday for running an illegal online gun dealing operating in which they took advantage of their positions as law enforcement officers to obtain and sell dozens of guns generally not available to the public, including selling weapons to convicted felons, authorities said.

Carlos Miguel Fernandez, 44, of Norwalk, and Edward Yashushiro Arao, 49, of Eastvale, were each convicted of conspiracy to engage in in the business of dealing of firearms without a license, as well as substantive counts of engaging in an unlicensed firearms businesses, according to U.S. Department of Justice spokesman Ciaran McEvoy. In addition, Fenandez was also found guilty of another count of conspiracy, selling firearms to a convicted felon and making false statement about gun sales on federal licensing paperwork.

“The evidence presented at trial demonstrated how the defendants exploited their position as police officers to ensure the success of their illegal gun selling business,” McEvoy said in a written statement.

Fernandez would often purchase “off-roster” guns, which are not available for sale to the general public in California, but can be purchased by law enforcement officers. In particular, he purchased many Colt .38 caliber handguns “and sold dozens of these weapons through private-party transfers,” according to McEvoy. Fernandez advertised the weapons on the social media platform Instagram, using the screen name, “the38superman.”

Arao served as CEO of an organization called Ronin Tactical Group, which was a federal firearms licensee.

Arao would transfer “off-roster” guns from Ronin Tactical Group to himself, officials said. The guns were advertised for sale on Instagram, “then re-sold in his individual capacity,” McEvoy said.

Via: https://ktla.com/news/local-news/ga...f-illegal-gun-dealing-selling-guns-to-felons/

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Great article
all facts

It’s repeating in some places though

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
I posted before, back to 2017, how Hispanic cops are buying off roster guns and selling them to Hispanic gangmenbers:

This is a DIY Operation Fast & Furious.

But, California specifically created it's own black market by having that roster and to think dirty cops wouldn't take advantage of this is insane.

There are countless instances of cops being involved in gun running and drug trafficking.

I know y'all enjoy good conspiracies to eliminate blacks from LA, But to think that economic opportunity and cost of living isn't the reason why blacks (and everyone else) moved out of LA is just purposely being obtuse.

If you took all the blacks who moved from LA to the IE,Pasadena,Altadena,Duarte,Inglewood,Hawthorne,Carson etc. and put them back in LA tomorrow....you'd still see the same thing happening.

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
This is a DIY Operation Fast & Furious.

But, California specifically created it's own black market by having that roster and to think dirty cops wouldn't take advantage of this is insane.

There are countless instances of cops being involved in gun running and drug trafficking.

I know y'all enjoy good conspiracies to eliminate blacks from LA, But to think that economic opportunity and cost of living isn't the reason why blacks (and everyone else) moved out of LA is just purposely being obtuse.

If you took all the blacks who moved from LA to the IE,Pasadena,Altadena,Duarte,Inglewood,Hawthorne,Carson etc. and put them back in LA tomorrow....you'd still see the same thing happening.

It's not a conspiracy theory that Black people are being removed from the Los Angeles area and California as a whole. The samething is happening to Black people in the Bay Area.

You always come in these threads caping for some mexicans, you must have a mexican baby momma or getting some refrigerator shaped mexican p*ssy, because the only time I see brothers cape that hard for hispanics is if they are getting some interracial sex and they are afraid of losing that Non-Black p*ssy lol

Yzak

All Star
Daps
I seem to be one of the few who hold my position, but do you agree with me that the answer isn't for us to just all pack up and leave California?

So you're advocating for us to leave the country?
The country yes, land not necessarily. If we ever get our act together, you will see America return to the same social climate as the 60's and previously. They will go back to commiting racial massacres and bombing Black communities. America will never accept the advancement of 50+ million Black people (especially men) because that will eventually lead to us realizing we deserve our own country just like everyone else, and that leads to separatist movements. It's why they pump non-stop propaganda into our community through feminism and rappers, all to encourage chaos and distrust.

im_sleep

Superstar
Daps
I’ve mentioned it before on here but the circumstances and opportunities that drew Black folks to California in the first place aren’t there anymore and aren’t likely ever coming back.

When it comes to the west in general, what remains will be pockets of us in neighborhoods that might have a majority here and there. But we’ll never see what we had in Los Angeles, Oakland, etc. back in the day.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Even if you want to take this line of thinking, the lady in the article grew up in a time when that was far more dangerous than today. There were exponentially more people who moved out of LA because of cost of living than there were because of violence in their neighborhoods.

It's a terrible take, breh.
80s and 90s l.a
I seem to be one of the few who hold my position, but do you agree with me that the answer isn't for us to just all pack up and leave California?

So you're advocating for us to leave the country?
Hell no black people shouldn't move away from these wealthy cities just because.

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
It's not a conspiracy theory that Black people are being removed from the Los Angeles area and California as a whole. The samething is happening to Black people in the Bay Area.

You always come in these threads caping for some mexicans, you must have a mexican baby momma or getting some refrigerator shaped mexican p*ssy, because the only time I see brothers cape that hard for hispanics is if they are getting some interracial sex and they are afraid of losing that Non-Black p*ssy lol

The literal point of the article is that the conditions in LA do not exist for a black family to live in the same manner as she did as a youth. Why? because a decent job can't afford someone the opportunity to own a home and provide for their family.

Trying to craft some giant conspiracy where the cartels,city council members and neo-nazi's all got together and crafted this plan to not only give blacks affordable housing in the cities and counties surrounding LA, but to also create a culture of rampant housing cost increases,buying homes to flip just for fun,subprime mortgage issuing...while also using Texas,Vegas and Atlanta to get on board to appeal to black professionals to move there for lower cost of living and better jobs just sounds fukking stupid.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
While the lower and middle class communities have suffered the most the Black Elites seem to have grown quite a bit in Los Angeles. It seems like almost every major power player in the Entertainment industry resides in Los Angeles now. Puffy, Jay, and all the major NY Cats In the music industry pretty much all reside in LA.
LA still has a strong black presence despite the black exodus and the influx of more Latinos in the region. Low key, there's also a nice contingent of black gentrifiers moving into the area as well. Especially here in Inglewood. It's not all doom and gloom