Opinion: The Black Los Angeles I grew up with is slipping away

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
There isn’t anything black people can do, if people start having big families again that’s not going to stop the demographic change in the country

And the funny thing is I think Mexicans birth rates have fallen but that ain’t stopping shyt, and it’s a bunch of Spanish people other than Mexicans who will migrate to the country
Modern women decided a long time a go to deprioritize having kids

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
So the media will just straight up tell the public that they are all clicked up? OK......there's alot of moving parts here.....this is just one componet

I heard this already, I doubt she has ties with any criminal faction, she's just a racist mexican looking out for her own people.

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
People in this thread keep saying that the first people in California were Hispanics lol. California is named after Queen Calafia, a mythological Black Woman, if California was first inhabited by Hispanics, they would have not name it after a Black person and the Spanish did not travel to California until the late 1500's, well after California was named.

Yzak

All Star
Daps
Where are you from/living at, bro?

Is 43 Hoover truly non-existent? I just had a debate with my brother recently (who is 24 Garden Blocc Crip); he said "ain't no Crips in Sac besides us" and like 3 other gangs and I was telling him the hoods he say ain't around in the North still got youngins 🤣 nikka swear he know all the Crips in the city but he only around Blocc and Iraq nikkas...

Explain the difference to me please because I'm not understanding...
Segregation is just living in our own area, but still controlled by cacs. We did that already. Separation is our own country and the only way to truly be free

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
I heard this already, I doubt she has ties with any criminal faction, she's just a racist mexican looking out for her own people.

There are quite a few Mexican in positions of power who have ties to criminal factions (criminal fractions who are Anti-Black), this story just came out about the El Monte Mayor and her ties to Mexican gangs:

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Im probably the last gen of black Californians that witnessed the end of that era. Sad to say but my family contributed to this problem by moving out too.
I seem to be one of the few who hold my position, but do you agree with me that the answer isn't for us to just all pack up and leave California?
Segregation is just living in our own area, but still controlled by cacs. We did that already. Separation is our own country and the only way to truly be free
So you're advocating for us to leave the country?

L@CaT

For Hire Gunslinger!
Daps
While the lower and middle class communities have suffered the most the Black Elites seem to have grown quite a bit in Los Angeles. It seems like almost every major power player in the Entertainment industry resides in Los Angeles now. Puffy, Jay, and all the major NY Cats In the music industry pretty much all reside in LA.

Last edited:

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
There are quite a few Mexican in positions of power who have ties to criminal factions (criminal fractions who are Anti-Black), this story just came out about the El Monte Mayor and her ties to Mexican gangs:

didn't say it ain't out the realm of possibility just saying that I don't think they were (L.A. Council)