Opinion: The Black Los Angeles I grew up with is slipping away

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
I just expected talk about reviving the Black community. And Inglewood may not be LA proper but it's still within Greater LA so I think she's qualified to speak on affairs of the city.

See that's the thing, A lot of people talk about the declining numbers in LA proper... but fail to acknowledge that it's people like her, who never actually lived in the city who also comprise what people see as Black LA. It'd be a different story if she grew up on the Eastside, Figueroa or Leimert Park/Crenshaw

Truth is, a lot of them blacks lived in Inglewood,Compton,Gardena,Carson,Hawthorne and Long Beach to begin with...cause that's where middle class blacks moved if they didn't move to the westside of LA after they lifted housing covenants.

The point she does bring up about urban planning is correct. But there is no incentive in creating housing/business opportunities for the greater good of the community, housing as a whole seen as a way to generate income, it's not just an LA issue.

I do feel a viable solution is blacks from the trades and those who specialize in direct support to the community to open businesses. We don't need anymore clothing lines or restaurants.

MegaTronBomb!

Daps
Reppin
Tax credits, Business Loans, Real Estate Opportunity Zones, Business Credit, Business entities to great Private Equity Funds, Life Insurance, etc

One thing to note, is that this is the most thriving sector for scamming in the black community currently.

Pocket watching with JT built an entire platform around these folks who are online committing fraud under the guise of using the government resources to get ahead.

MegaTronBomb!

Daps
Reppin
Foh cac. Blood and Crips are one of the worst ongoing tragedy that's plaque the black community.

Even if you want to take this line of thinking, the lady in the article grew up in a time when that was far more dangerous than today. There were exponentially more people who moved out of LA because of cost of living than there were because of violence in their neighborhoods.

It's a terrible take, breh.

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Foh cac. Blood and Crips are one of the worst ongoing tragedy that's plaque the black community.
That is not the question dumbass

YOU said California should be a black mecca

Black ppl were always going to be priced out

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
Uh huh

You quoted me to argue and dap fish. I gave you a real answer, now you don't know where to turn :heh:
Man stop it

You know what u wrote was bullshyt and you don’t have an answer to how black people supposed to use capitalism in this country to get ahead

I need you to explain how is black people in this country supposed out capitalism crackers with no capital

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1970 was the peak for black Los Angeles, in terms of population

The year 1980 recorded the highest per capita homicide rate in Los Angeles, higher than any time recorded in New York or Chicagos history, that started the exodus, along with Latinos moving in looking for a better life than their home countries

:picard: I knew it got bad but damn

Daps
Reppin
LosSkanless
that article links to a dude from Big Hazard 13, they were known to pick on blacks in their housing project bc they p*ssy and racist, doesn't mean they were clicked up with skin heads and white sheriffs.
So the media will just straight up tell the public that they are all clicked up? OK......there's alot of moving parts here.....this is just one componet

Daps
Reppin
LosSkanless
Breh, it's not the Cartels..... it's the fact that they're taking low paying jobs+ government assistance.... Not to mention they've been in California longer than blacks have been.

people for some reason conflate the instances of Big Hazard and Florencia doing things with the declining black population.. or how ECC got "ran" out of Aliso Village..but they never bring up with BPS smashed 18th street or all the L's South Los took trying to be tough.

white folks didn't conspire to run blacks out of CA, they decided they were just going to move to Orange County,Ventura and Simi Valley