Question to the black men of the coli

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I think it has to do with perception and stereotypes. I believe there are studies on this. I was watching this talk show, and ALL of the hosts were acting a certain way, but the comments only called out the black women for acting a certain way. Black women are stereotyped as behaving that way, so even the smallest actions that you wouldn't call "aggressive" "feisty" etc. in one group you would consider those actions that way in another group. It's kind of like a confirmation bias thing, I think.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So u never witnessed a black man refer to the attitude of a Latina woman being sexy , spicy or cute?

Wait....u not even black tho :patrice:

No but I lived in a town that was majority black followed by Latino with a high rate of black dudes having kids by Puerto Rican chicks and never heard them refer to black women's attitudes as bad while saying Latinas attitudes were sexy

Shoot never yet seen that comparison here on the coli

Medicate

Old School New School Need To Learn Though
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
now hold up :whoa:

Before my thread gets bushed or moved just let me cook.

I'm not trolling with this at all...just a simple question:

I notice that african American women are always told how bad our attitudes are and that it's not sexy or attractive to be fiesty or have some type of sponk about ourselves and how we should be more feminine etc

YET when a Latina (I know that's not a race :comeon: ) has an attitude it's called sexy, spicy , cute, adorable and it is praised by black men ( I'm not talking about all black men) :patrice:

Why is that?

Why is something considered ugly and unattractive on one group of women yet is deemed sexy and attractive on another ?

This is a serious question btw...I've been pondering on this phenomenon for years!

I am in no way saying that having an attitude, being fiesty etc is cool either

I just want black men to clarify some things :manny:

In reality, they are saying that "latinas" attitude and feisty demeanor is more feminine in general and since they already think "latinas" are more sexy in their minds, they don't mind the attitude coming from "latinas" but really it has to do with they just don't like Black women on the low.......

I used to fck with latinas and my brehs did to back in High School and the two things that we were on, was their hair and the fact they had bodies like black girls, so we felt it was a come up, not giving a fck about nothin else....real talk......I done changed my mentality since.....probably what nikkas think like now tho......:manny:

1stPick

Banned
Daps
Be more specific race/ethnicity wise :sas2:
Unless you live on the west coast, South Florida or certain areas of NYC, Latinas are rare where as black girls are dime a dozen. They generally have more upside to (friendlier, can cook, less feminist, accomodating) where as black girls are superficial as fuk (you displayed this yourself in that thread about how men should always pay for shyt)

I love Ethiopian females and females certain West African/Island nations but I am OUT on Black American females. Just fed up with the bullshyt

Dont let this post offend you though, I'm sure like 3 spineless white knights will quote this post and attack me

Ooh Marty

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere plottin
No but I lived in a town that was majority black followed by Latino with a high rate of black dudes having kids by Puerto Rican chicks and never heard them refer to black women's attitudes as bad while saying Latinas attitudes were sexy

Shoot never yet seen that comparison here on the coli
Well I've seen the exact opposite in real life .

Myself and a Latina friend was approached by a black man back in October. The guy came for me right off bat saying "why I got an attitude for " I'm like :dwillhuh:

So I fall back cus I didn't feel like going back and forth with him, he then proceed to try to talk to my friend , she rudely turn him down and he shouts " I like that fiesty and hard to get shyt :shaq: "

This real life breh

I'm a black woman so of course my experience is going to differ from a non black man