Relationship 101: When does a relationship become "official"?

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
Lmao he's selling you a dream if you're not official and he's saying it's exclusive

"I don't talk to any other girls" :duck::duck::duck:

Then again, ignorance is bliss :ld:
It is. :mjcry:

I had a situation like that before. It was perfect. He was focused on school and I was focused on work. We don't like messing with a ton of people, and we already were cool with each other so it was cool.

I probably wouldn't trust other guys to tell me when they wanna or have messed with other girls. Honesty is the best policy.

Claudex

Lord have mercy!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Motherland
You can if you have no other options at the moment, but why would you? If you're going to intentionally be exclusive you might as well be intentionally in a relationship.

I don't think so.. that's the point of a relationship. If you are FWB and exclusive you are basically in a relationship :heh:

:heh:

That's the thing! I fully get what y'all mean but Ion know, maybe I see relationships differently.

I feel like if I'm a man. In a FWB relationship with a woman. With exclusivity. It ain't quite the same as a relationship, it's very similar but not quite the same. Like a rare phenomenon that applies to @CinnaSlim's own previous FWB situation.

On some "We're only fukking each other for health purposes, but are not interested in actually dating" type of shyt.

But yeah I fully acknowledge that an exclusive two-sided FWB will most likely end in a relationship. :francis:

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
:heh:

That's the thing! I fully get what y'all mean but Ion know, maybe I see relationships differently.

I feel like if I'm a man. In a FWB relationship with a woman. With exclusivity. It ain't quite the same as a relationship, it's very similar but not quite the same. Like a rare phenomenon that applies to @CinnaSlim's own previous FWB situation.

On some "We're only fukking each other for health purposes, but are not interested in actually dating" type of shyt.

But yeah I fully acknowledge that an exclusive two-sided FWB will most likely end in a relationship. :francis:
You get me :hug:
Exactly, there's more to a relationship than sex.
Fwb is like sex without romance. It's just a release of stress and sexual tension.

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
But eventually someone catches feelings :francis:
Not always, but what people fail to realize is that fwb relationships are meant to be temporary. In serious committed relationships, you are committed to trying to keep the relationship going for as long as possible.

Fwb is a relationship of convenience. Both people have needs to be met, and it works. If you decide hey, I want to commit to this girl. The Fwb relationship will end either way, it will turn into a serious relationship or the convenience will be lost and it will just end, and you'll move on.

VegasCAC

Leader of #CACset
Supporter
Daps
Not always, but what people fail to realize is that fwb relationships are meant to be temporary. In serious committed relationships, you are committed to trying to keep the relationship going for as long as possible.

Fwb is a relationship of convenience. Both people have needs to be met, and it works. If you decide hey, I want to commit to this girl. The Fwb relationship will end either way, it will turn into a serious relationship or the convenience will be lost and it will just end, and you'll move on.
What you're talking about sounds more like a hook-up/fukkbuddy type of relationship. Hit up late night ONLY when you wanna fukk and leave.

FWB implies some kind of friendship and emotional connection, so that inevitably over time leads to deeper feelings. Especially if you hang out with them/cuddle after :whoa:

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
Because, I move too much. I can't give my full time, attention and obligation to someone when I'm bouncing through states.

I want exclusivity because I don't want to be catching STI's or caught up in drama.
You need a more time consuming hobby. Take up origami