Safe to say Eric used "Hall & Nash" better than Khan used "Punk & Bryan"

Jesus H. Christ

I died for your sins
Daps
thats even makes it worse lol…punk and DB are top draws…world champions..etc… nash was a former champ whos run flopped and scott hall was a upper mid carder that had a ic run

yet with great booking they changed wrestling but that would require a booker thats not a mark

eric-bischoff-wow.gif

Yeah a booker that tanked the ratings when he couldn't book shyt outside the nWo and even then that got stale quickly. There's a reason Eric isn't in the business. :trash:

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
Bryan and Punk have been used fine imo. Any comparison to the Monday Night Wars era at this point is so stupid. Wrestling's gonna have to look totally different to get that big again. I don't want to say it's impossible, but if it does happen the format and look of the show is gonna be way different than what it is now, and it has nothing to do pushing a guy who smarks love, or who has the best look, or whatever else. Other than it still being "building up fake fights so that people care" wrestling's gonna need to look and feel totally different than it is now to blow up in the mainstream again.
Mainstream western wrestling as a whole is just stuck in the past. It’s all the same formatting, presentation, and style that it’s been since Vince brought it national, never mind a lot of the same stars and storylines still just being recycled and rehashed. The business could use a big shake up but I don’t know how that happens

HollywoodP

#LongLive24 #TMC America's Team, Lakeshow, & ASU
Daps
Reppin
The Valley Of The Sun 602🌵480🌵623🌵520
Hall and Nash had the advantage of being apart of an era where wrestling was at its most popular in the mainstream. Probably the only time in pro wrestling history when it was more than just a niche form of entertainment...not only in the US but in Japanese and Mexican promotions as well. Hall and Nash are also a big part of why the pro wrestling business was on fire like that back then.

DB and Punk are top guys in their era any way you cut it. Their era's are just completely different. And the wrestling business is probably as bad as its ever been sad to say. Were mistakes made...maybe. Where they ever gonna bring the feelin from 3-4 years ago back...doubtful.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
Not being at the level of perhaps the greatest angle in the history of wrestling is strange criticism.
Tell that to Tony Khan

“I remember being the only person out of 70,000 cheering for The Rock in Toronto. My friend looked over me like, ‘what are you doing?’ And I was like, ‘somebody has to.’ And that’s how I felt about Punk getting booed tonight (vs. Kingston). There were way, way, way more Punk people tonight than there were Rock people in Toronto, though. I can attest as I was there for both shows.” - Tony Khan

“Jade Cargill’s probably the most dominant run in my opinion of any wrestler in North America has been on, on television since Bill Goldberg 25 years ago” - Tony Khan

“Do you remember Bash at the Beach 96?” asks Khan, imploring me to recall the high point of WCW when Hulk Hogan assisted Kevin Nash and Scott Hall to form the New World Order in one of wrestling’s most memorable moments. “That’s what I wanted at All Out, but I also wanted to go one step further.

“You’ve already this great show with great action and then Adam Cole comes out and you think he’s there to take on The Elite. Instead, he joins the group the way Hogan turned heel. Is that the close to the show? No but it would’ve been a good ending regardless. [Then] here comes Bryan Danielson. One of the best wrestlers there’s ever been and he’s here in AEW. Cole and Danielson in one segment. That was pretty cool.“​

he makes the comparison all day and it comes up short every time

itiswhatitis

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hall and Nash had the advantage of being apart of an era where wrestling was at its most popular in the mainstream. Probably the only time in pro wrestling history when it was more than just a niche form of entertainment...not only in the US but in Japanese and Mexican promotions as well. Hall and Nash are also a big part of why the pro wrestling business was on fire like that back then.

DB and Punk are top guys in their era any way you cut it. Their era's are just completely different. And the wrestling business is probably as bad as its ever been sad to say. Were mistakes made...maybe. Where they ever gonna bring the feelin from 3-4 years ago back...doubtful.

It’s clear who was really watching this shyt back then and who is reliving it through the internet.

WCW 94-95 as well as WWF 94-95 was not popular in mainstream media. Monday Night Raw was in high school gyms and Kevin Sullivan was running around with paint on his forehead.

When wrestling turned to reality based storylines , it made it hot in the mainstream. Hall and Nash blurring the lines of a WWF invasion as themselves and not a gimmick of “Big Daddy Cool” and Razor Ramon, making Hulk Hogan heel and running around beating nikkas with bats and spraypaint.

Then on the other channel you had Pillman getting the strap and Austin shytting on his boss.

American Dragon and CM Punk is nowhere near on the level. Ratings and attendance and merch sales shows that.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Imagine going thru such embarrassing lengths to carry aew’s bags as this

The topic was how Eric used Hall and Nash so let’s talk about it. Beside standing in the ring with Hulk at Bash at the Beach, all of Hall and Nash best professional moments were as Razor and Diesel. At least you could’ve pointed to a notable Scott Hall WCW match or something. Imagine that

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
It’s clear who was really watching this shyt back then and who is reliving it through the internet.

WCW 94-95 as well as WWF 94-95 was not popular in mainstream media. Monday Night Raw was in high school gyms and Kevin Sullivan was running around with paint on his forehead.

When wrestling turned to reality based storylines , it made it hot in the mainstream. Hall and Nash blurring the lines of a WWF invasion as themselves and not a gimmick of “Big Daddy Cool” and Razor Ramon, making Hulk Hogan heel and running around beating nikkas with bats and spraypaint.

Then on the other channel you had Pillman getting the strap and Austin shytting on his boss.

American Dragon and CM Punk is nowhere near on the level. Ratings and attendance and merch sales shows that.

There’s only one first time to do anything. The “oh shyt they said ass/showed titties/shed blood/mentioned the other company on tv” all came and went. Bryan and Punk had to get over as themselves and fight Vince in his own company to do it and it worked. If Bryan and Punk are so much lesser than Hall and Nash, why are they still big stars a decade past their peak? What Hall and Nash do in 02-03?

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
thats even makes it worse lol…punk and DB are top draws…world champions..etc… nash was a former champ whos run flopped and scott hall was a upper mid carder that had a ic run

yet with great booking they changed wrestling but that would require a booker thats not a mark

eric-bischoff-wow.gif

Any two upper card WWF guys in that storyline with Hulk does the exact same business. You really think if it was Shawn and Bret it wouldn’t have worked? Taker and any combo of the guys named would have worked too. They booked WWF vs WCW for the first time, of course it was a huge deal. It’s what every fan wanted and couldn’t get for years. Vince teased it with flair in 91 then got scared. Making this comparison is as smart as comparing 1996 with 1971 wrestling.