Samsung coming for LG OLED TVs

zerorequiem

All Star
Daps
My tv just gave out on me last night :mjcry: I'm trying to see if I should cop a C1, wait for the C2, a gaming monitor, or consider one of these. My previous tv is a Samsung I bought back in '16.

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
My tv just gave out on me last night :mjcry: I'm trying to see if I should cop a C1, wait for the C2, a gaming monitor, or consider one of these. My previous tv is a Samsung I bought back in '16.

Damn, 2016 and already gave out? Thats crazy.
Im still (and happily) using a Sony Bravia from 2017 and I hope it doesn’t give out on me for many, many more years.

Even though I am not in the market I keep up to date on TVs. Its nice to see Samsung and LG take gaming seriously with some cool features for console/PC quality of life features. Sony really only cares about how PS5 integrates into their TVs but since Sony arguably has the best picture, color and motion they should always be considered.

I always tell my friends, gaming is probably the best use you will get out of any high end display and home theater. Direct connection = more bandwidth, no streaming or visual artifacts, higher than 30Hz refresh rates, etc. When I know that someone is using their TV for online streaming or IPTV cable I always tell them that a high-end display will expose more of the flaws in the picture as opposed to enhance them.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I hope so…I’m super loyal to the samsung brand…wouldn’t mind getting an OLED but strictly for watching movies (not gaming)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I might have to pony it up

sony-2022-a95k-65-qd-oled-feature.jpg