Samsung coming for LG OLED TVs

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My tv just gave out on me last night :mjcry: I'm trying to see if I should cop a C1, wait for the C2, a gaming monitor, or consider one of these. My previous tv is a Samsung I bought back in '16.

Best bet might be waiting until the C2 comes out. Pricing on this round of TVs might be even more competitive this year since LG should have two competitors in that field now, and pricing on the C1 should bottom out as they try to clear them out. Might even see a few retailers use the usual Super Bowl sales as a window to offload stock at low prices, too.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
People just parroting what they hear other people say, lmao at brightly lit room, the stores the TVs are showcased in are brightly lit, what does that even mean

Who watches TV with the blinds open on a sunny day with the TV directly facing the sunlight, who even has a TV setup like this in their house it's a ridiculous talking point
You either don't have windows in your family room or you don't have a TV in your family room to be saying this tho?
:picard:

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Holdovers until MicroLED. :coffee: Unless they take out the organic in OLED, longevity will always be an issue.

But LG's panels are notoriously hit or miss. I hope Samsung gives competition, and I hope LG can actually make their panels long lasting.

BBG

Superstar
Daps
Holdovers until MicroLED. :coffee: Unless they take out the organic in OLED, longevity will always be an issue.

But LG's panels are notoriously hit or miss. I hope Samsung gives competition, and I hope LG can actually make their panels long lasting.
:russell: been gaming on a B7 for almost 5 years. No burn-in, shyt looks as good as the day I bought it. Clowns giving blanket statements on entire companies are weirdos, OLED gang run you poverty-stricken nikkas

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
:russell: been gaming on a B7 for almost 5 years. No burn-in, shyt looks as good as the day I bought it. Clowns giving blanket statements on entire companies are weirdos, OLED gang run you poverty-stricken nikkas

Your anecdotal bed time stories don't take away the core con of the technology itself. You're projecting some "I don't stink, I don't need to worry about showering" bullshyt.

You can look in your TV settings to see what they employ specifically to try and avoid the eventual death of the pixels. But there is apparently no problem. :lolbron: Turn them all off and don't refresh your pixels if you're that gullible.

OLED gang run you poverty-stricken nikkas

Oh, I see. You're just mindlessly defending your purchase. :yawn:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You either don't have windows in your family room or you don't have a TV in your family room to be saying this tho?
:picard:

Who puts the TV directly in front of a window you and have the blinds open you want the neighbors to watch you watching to, yall nikkaz live in apartments I can tell, who watches to TV sunglights shining direct onto the TV, yall exposing yourselves

also most people have TVs in their DENs, unless you living in a little ass bungalow, get your money up

even if you only have a living room in your house, nobody sits the TV directly in front of a window where do they do that at

unless sunlight is directly shining on an OLED it's not gonnna to effect the screen it's a dumb talking point

Best Buy is lit up all day with them OLEDS on and does not effect any of the viewing angles, you don't need to be in a pitch black room to enjoy an OLED

Last edited:

kej718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Everything I ever owned from LG broke down on me (phones, headphones, tv stopped updating after a while and couldn't get anything new form their app store). I stopped buying from them because of that and their customer service sucks. Bought my parents a Samsung TV for Christmas and they love it. I still have a small 20inch tv that I use as a computer monitor (not a smart tv).

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
My C7 has developed dead pixels maybe 3 years after I bought it. Lucky for me I game on a C9 and the C7 was retired to just TV watching.

mag357

Superstar
Daps
Man... All these tvs look good as hell now,...
Inexpensive too..

I feel like science and technology has been on retarded mode for a while now tho.

Tvs should have been wall sized by now and affordable.

Tvs should be very light and able to expand and contract ass need, to fit any wall...

Tvs should hover and not have to be bolted to the wall or a stand

TripleAgent

Holding my nuts fukking thousand dollar lesbians
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Man... All these tvs look good as hell now,...
Inexpensive too..

I feel like science and technology has been on retarded mode for a while now tho.

Tvs should have been wall sized by now and affordable.

Tvs should be very light and able to expand and contract ass need, to fit any wall...

Tvs should hover and not have to be bolted to the wall or a stand
IF they're really as good or better than OLED. For 3500, you can get a "77 LG OLED.