San Diego Raiders? What doesn't happen in Las Vegas happens here...

Where will the Raiders will end up?

• Oakland - after negotiating with city officials

Votes: 21 55.3%
  • Sunny San Diego

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Vegas - with proper backing comes through

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • F*ck you, Connor Cook & your survey

Votes: 3 7.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MrWestGrand

The Negotiator
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
The incompetence started with his pops Al Davis himself. The Raiders belong in Oakland but truthfully, business wise, they should've never left LA to begin with. You leave LA for Oakland and you still have the same stadium issues you had when you left Oakland for LA 20+ years ago. Could've had a new stadium in LA- all he had to do was wait 2-3 years longer and he would've had it. Moving without permission, suing the league, took ten million from Irwindale and didn't move the team there, took the money from Oakland and moved the team back, never hired a GM, forced Kiffin to play JaMarcus Russel, etc. May he RIP but Big Al is lookin' funny in the light. Mark, while no great businessman himself, is trying to work around all the shyt and bad blood Al did and started up amongst the other owners
I agree about Al, he wasn't very business savvy regarding his team but I don't agree with him leaving the Bay Area. He disenfranchised a entire region of fans, basically gifted the Niners a generation of fans they wouldn't have had, if he stayed. LA mystique and Oaklands mystique & appeal are completely different in the aspect, that Oakland had already established the organization dominance before they left.

The Bay Area economic indicators support the fact the Area is more than capable of housing the team, but Marks insistence of rejecting the culture here is his biggest issue. He should just sell, because it's taken almost two decades for this Area to restore the feelings, and he's driving the train right back down the same track his father did, trying to be bullish and hardheaded, and it's going to result in hurting the product on the field.

The Niners have practically given this market back to the Raiders, and he's choosing to take it for granted.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Because they were Elite before moving too LA. Not to mention Oakland has hosted two AFC conference championship games since they've came back.
that means nothing. you got guys like Marcus allen who never even played for the Oakland Raiders, howie long there for one season. it's called the "raider nation" not the "oakland" raider nation.

MrWestGrand

The Negotiator
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
that means nothing. you got grays like Marcus allen who never even played for the Oakland Raiders, howie long there for one season. it's called the "raider nation" not the "oakland" raider nation.

RaiderNation :what:. Most professional sports franchises have co-oped that "Nation" slogan for themselves, yet you act like saying that carries some much more weight. You basically arguing Coroprate loyally should have more presidence than Civic Pride when rooting for sports teams, which is the most dangerous and puppeted ass opinion anyone could have.

Most teams have a city or region in front of its name for a reason. The purpose reflects geographical identity, that involkes civic pride. If none of that shyt matters like you say, then teams might as well sports the families who own them name on they jerseys, because after all they are the ones you are really claiming to support.

Choose big business over your community brehs, that's what y'all want Bay Area fans to follow...:mjlol:

focusloco

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NORTH LAS VEGAS
Unless there is some unknown billionaire investor that nobody knows about in San Diego I don't see it happening...I think the Raiders are stuck in the coliseum for the time being... the Vegas deal looks dead without Sheldon Adelson... Mark Davis overplayed his hand fukked himself out of a 2 billion dollar stadium and is making enemies everywhere...He should be forced to sell the team after this shyt...he is CLEARLY incapable of owning a team....Oh well ...as much as I wanted the Raiders in Vegas the team belongs in Oaktown ...

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I believe the Davis lawsuit killed that.
NFL might be able to withhold funding, but they can't stop a owner from picking up and moving his team, especially if he buys everything outright without league financing.
You're right, that antitrust lawsuit allows any team to do whatever, but part of the move to Vegas I think involves a loan from the NFL. You really think they're still gonna loan Davis that money if he just moves without approval? Also, even if they don't need the loan you really think Mark Davis got the balls to go against the NFL and the owners? I highly doubt it.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
You're right, that antitrust lawsuit allows any team to do whatever, but part of the move to Vegas I think involves a loan from the NFL. You really think they're still gonna loan Davis that money if he just moves without approval? Also, even if they don't need the loan you really think Mark Davis got the balls to go against the NFL and the owners? I highly doubt it.
No NFL takes away 500 mil in financing.
I think Davis said he can get 550 mil himself, if the team can get a deal in texas or San Antonio for 500 - 600 mil he might be able to pull something out his hat