ScHoolboy Q Scores String Of Platinum & Gold Plaques Ahead Of 2024 Comeback

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I don't really agree with people saying its necessary to drop constantly. If you're trying to capture the attention of ADD 17 year olds, sure, but if you're an artist like Q who's been out for a long time and has plenty of fans in their mid-30s, I think dropping a million sub par projects just to generate social media engagement is not a good look.

Look at Griselda--if Conway and WSG were a bit choosier in what they put out and took the time to release only stuff that's really focused and high in quality, they'd be in a better place commercially as well. Benny takes that approach (mostly) and he's the only one of the 3 who can really generate any anticipation these days.

That said Q has gone way too long without an album

I think there's a balance between spam dropping and dropping music at a healthy rate. Crash Talk came out in 2019 and I think it's safe to say most fans were disappointed by it. Q should have dropped in late 2021, in my opinion. Post-covid, could have toured the album in 2022. And he'd be in position to drop again this year or next year, if need be. Same with Jay Rock, SiR, Zaywop etc. Hell let's not forget that SiR's last album had a couple gold records on it. He found success and then immediately disappeared. Why?

Personally I think Ray Vaughn is trash but they signed that dude a couple years ago and he still doesn't have an album out.

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Schoolboy Q is ass and has been since the beginning. Kendrick was the only one you could count on to put out good, interesting music regularly. Ab-Soul is a horrible rapper voice/delivery wise. Cannot stand his music. Q could be alright but his beat selection is WOAT. Have you heard that single he put out a year ago? Soccer Dad?:mjlol:

Jay Rock is cool but his music isn't that interesting to me. Isaiah Rashad had the best TDE release ever but it looks different looking back considering what came out about him. All that slick talking about bytches seems a little funny in the light.
Such a bad take. Q has been nothing but consistent.

dubsmith_nz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aotearoa
I'm in for a Q album whenever it drops. Last one was a miss but he's hit every other time and I've been enjoying the loosies as well.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
TDE has to realize that unless they fully get behind Q and Jay Rock their label is finished.
SZA went triple plat last year and Kendrick's old albums are still selling at a high rate (GKMC alone nearly sold 900k last year). The coming is raking in, but for whatever reason they seem to have no idea how to handle anyone else on the roster.

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
SZA went triple plat last year and Kendrick's old albums are still selling at a high rate (GKMC alone nearly sold 900k last year). The coming is raking in, but for whatever reason they seem to have no idea how to handle anyone else on the roster.

for what's been a LA rap label, a R&B act from New Jersey being your only current producer is shaky.

Even though Rock and Q are established, neither of them have a real presence in LA rap currently....and it's not really even a guarantee that they have surefire singles to push this time.

Nobody could've predicted Soul jumping onto the 110 freeway, or that Isiah Rashad shyt :dame:...... but this go around there isn't a Black Panther movie,Kendrick album and full Interscope machine behind them.

Where they really went wrong was ignoring all the LA acts, to sign a NPC in Reason, and Ray Vaughn....and then shelving them.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
for what's been a LA rap label, a R&B act from New Jersey being your only current producer is shaky.

Even though Rock and Q are established, neither of them have a real presence in LA rap currently....and it's not really even a guarantee that they have surefire singles to push this time.

Nobody could've predicted Soul jumping onto the 110 freeway, or that Isiah Rashad shyt :dame:...... but this go around there isn't a Black Panther movie,Kendrick album and full Interscope machine behind them.

Where they really went wrong was ignoring all the LA acts, to sign a NPC in Reason, and Ray Vaughn....and then shelving them.

Looking at the presence Mozzy has in Cali whenever he drops compared to Jay Rock's 5 singles last year was...interesting. Same with Q to be honest. TDE really doesn't seem to have the pulse on the city or coast anymore, and hasn't in a long time.

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
Schoolboy Q is trash
200w.gif

u rambunctious rudely rattling retarded rarely ready slimy scaly sly slithering slippery subverting sunburned suffererin sucka seekin shaded solitude
boldly boasting befuddling beguiling babble

Amo Husserl

All Star
Daps
Kendrick sucked up all the air on the label.
Blank Face LP was Q's last stand on the label.
He had ASAP Rocky features at arguably the height of both of their careers.
He had access to Kendrick features and was looked at as next up on the roster.
I think he folded under pressure.
He had enough buzz to double up on a completely west coast follow up.
How doesn't he have an album song with Battlecat? Quik? Madlib?

We ain't checkin' for Q in 2024.