ScHoolboy Q Scores String Of Platinum & Gold Plaques Ahead Of 2024 Comeback

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I know I've been :flabbynsick: for a while because I don't know who none of these new nikkas are.

Daps
Kendrick sucked up all the air on the label.
Blank Face LP was Q's last stand on the label.
He had ASAP Rocky features at arguably the height of both of their careers.
He had access to Kendrick features and was looked at as next up on the roster.
I think he folded under pressure.
He had enough buzz to double up on a completely west coast follow up.
How doesn't he have an album song with Battlecat? Quik? Madlib?

We ain't checkin' for Q in 2024.

then you look at what rocky has and what he is facing and it puts all that shyt you talking in a different perspective. lol, q is good.
:whew:

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
200w.gif

u rambunctious rudely rattling retarded rarely ready slimy scaly sly slithering slippery subverting sunburned suffererin sucka seekin shaded solitude
boldly boasting befuddling beguiling babble

Youll see me in your sleep

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
Looking at the presence Mozzy has in Cali whenever he drops compared to Jay Rock's 5 singles last year was...interesting. Same with Q to be honest. TDE really doesn't seem to have the pulse on the city or coast anymore, and hasn't in a long time.

Mozzy work ethic is impressive, dude had enough quality music lined up to put out while being in jail for that gun charge... then got out and got right back to it.

Jay Rock and Q are pushing 40, with no real music with anybody who's been making noise in LA in recent years.

Amo Husserl

All Star
Daps
then you look at what rocky has and what he is facing and it puts all that shyt you talking in a different perspective. lol, q is good.
:huhldup:
Rocky still had juice in 2016. They parted ways in style, but the potential for a good collab was still there.
What I'm saying: after Blank Face LP, Q should have dropped a better project sooner.
Q had access to Kendrick after TPAB, Q had access to Kendrick before and after DAMN. dropped.

Q collab with Rocky in 2017 or 2018 could have saved them both... they were both cool with Tyler... they were.
Q had too many opportunities to drop in 2018 and didn't. By 2019 he was done.
If he followed up in 2019 with West Coast artists and doubled down things might have been different.

Kendrick was the bigger artist. Q should have put the West Coast on lock.
TDE probably did him dirty, TBF:

...or he probably had other things he wanted to do.

Daps
Q collab with Rocky in 2017 or 2018 could have saved them both... they were both cool with Tyler... they were.
Q had too many opportunities to drop in 2018 and didn't. By 2019 he was done.

yeah i don't buy that because in the interview i posted in the thread, q said crash talk was his best album as far as numbers. so if you don't like it that's one thing. but men lie, women lie, numbers don't. and i will wager that this album he drops will be his best in some form or another. that's how q does :ehh:

also in that interview, he says kendrick stopped pulling him along the way a long time ago when he saw that q was cracking on his own. it's an awesome interview if you want to actually understand what's going on with q instead of speculation.

Amo Husserl

All Star
Daps
yeah i don't buy that because in the interview i posted in the thread, q said crash talk was his best album as far as numbers. so if you don't like it that's one thing. but men lie, women lie, numbers don't. and i will wager that this album he drops will be his best in some form or another. that's how q does :ehh:

also in that interview, he says kendrick stopped pulling him along the way a long time ago when he saw that q was cracking on his own. it's a good interview if you want to actually understand what's going on with q instead of speculation.
Numbers are better for making accurate statements but numbers can be manipulated to lie too (see: financial reports).
Numbers of sales don't directly translate to a better product in art, it's qualitative for its aesthetic values.
Talking about his artistry, not ability to move units the quality of his art allows him to move units, so I should judge his qualities as an artist before his sales. Units shipped and streamed ain't the same as units sold. What numbers we talkin'?
If we talking Q as a rapper, we talking about the quality of his work that may or may not be accurately reflected in numbers of units sold.
As an artist, he fumbled after BFLP even if CT sold more. Can you say CT was better listening than BFLP?
Would you buy CT because of how much it sold or because you liked it and thought it was a good project?

:manny:
We can have critical discussion about which is better... that's why music critics exist.
I met a gypsy and she hipped me to some life game
To simulate then activate the left and right brain
Said baby boy you're only funky as your last cut
You focus on the past your ass'll be a has but
That's one to live by or either that one to die to

I try to just throw it at you determine your own adventure
Kendrick sucked up all the air on the label.
Blank Face LP was Q's last stand on the label.
Kendrick had better quality work and it showed in the sales.
Both were on the same label and were dropping at the same time so we can compare them.
Kendrick's superiority sucked up all the air on the label.

Ashtrey

Superstar
Daps
How is Crash Talk his best selling when it's gold and Oxymoron is platinum?

Daps
Numbers are better for making accurate statements but numbers can be manipulated to lie too (see: financial reports).
Numbers of sales don't directly translate to a better product in art, it's qualitative for its aesthetic values.
Talking about his artistry, not ability to move units the quality of his art allows him to move units, so I should judge his qualities as an artist before his sales. Units shipped and streamed ain't the same as units sold. What numbers we talkin'?
If we talking Q as a rapper, we talking about the quality of his work that may or may not be accurately reflected in numbers of units sold.
As an artist, he fumbled after BFLP even if CT sold more. Can you say CT was better listening than BFLP?
Would you buy CT because of how much it sold or because you liked it and thought it was a good project?

:manny:
We can have critical discussion about which is better... that's why music critics exist.

Kendrick had better quality work and it showed in the sales.
Both were on the same label and were dropping at the same time so we can compare them.
Kendrick's superiority sucked up all the air on the label.

what song was bad/low quality on crash talk? :comeon:

Renegade47

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
North South East West
5 years since the last album, limited features, limited touring or festivals since the initial album tour. His career basically got iced for no logical reason. A guy who had so much personality and was entertaining stopped tweeting, stopped making fun golf vids, stopped doing anything publicly and the public...moved on.

Same with Jay Rock, who dropped 5 singles last year and still doesn't have an album release date. Something is wrong at that label and it's been the case for a long time. How many times have we seen this movie btw. Album doesn't come out, and then the next year you got multiple artists trying to drop and it's obvious they won't do so in a timely fashion. Assuming Jay Rock comes out first....does that mean Q drops in the summer? Fall? Winter? Who knows.
dave free was the real mastermind over there and when he left you can tell them nikkas had no idea wtf to do :mjlol:

Daps

this why you can take crash talk haters seriously. there's nothing that seperates Numb Numb Juice from a THat part, or a man of the year, etc. crash talk is nothing new to what Q been doing. it's what makes Q (and all the main TDE artists) so great, he does everything greatly.

and then turn around and big up ASAP Rocky who never made a hit "introspective" "lyrical" song in his career :dead:
yall be TRYING TOO HARD AND NOT MAKING A LICK OF SENSE!

Last edited:

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
Interesting that Blank Face didn’t move units like Crash Talk.