Serena Williams: "Do they say LeBron is one of the best 'male athletes'?"

HE_Pennypacker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
I understand her line of thought, but the physical gap between male and female athletes is stark. Her and Venus got that work from a scrub male player.

PartyHeart

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think I'm more concerned with some feminist undertones which seem to imply that women have to compete with men to validate their worth. I would agree that Serena is one of the greatest athletes of all time b/c of her performance in her own right in her category. To me she shouldn't have to compete with men to solidify this status because doing so is nonsensical. I'm reminded of how cringeworthy footage of female high school football players are for some reason, because they aren't built for the sport. Objectively an evaluation of Serena's performances in her category is more than enough to justify the greatness of her legacy with no need to compare her to male athletes.

There's something strange about this dynamic I'm not quite able to describe. Lol!

As far as I can read, it was the men in this thread that brought up feminism, and then proceeded to compete with women, not the other way around. Serena was talking about labels. All she basically said was, why does female need to be put in front when I am one of the greatest? I'm just imaging a similar debate with black instead of female, and I'm having a hard time understanding where the offense was taken was these males on the Coli.

So let me just ask this, do you disagree with her quote? Is she one of the greatest athletes of all time or not?

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
I'm talking to the guys who will scream in every thread about Black feminism, then run into ones like these to claim white men's accomplishments over a Black women.

If you don't care about race then I'm not talking to you :yeshrug:

I've already given my answer :yeshrug:I don't watch football, but if a Black quarterback had a problem being called a great Black quarterback instead of a great quarterback, I'd get it. Chances are, all the guys upset about Serena wanting a distinction would too.

There's biological and physiological differences between men and women which make men physically advantageous. That's why you can't pit female athletes against male athletes and expect a fair outcome. White men are not physically superior to black men, so your comparison does not hold. The view that black quarterbacks are "inferior" stems from racist schools of thought. That whites are smarter and more cerebral. Whereas blacks are only good for running around fast. Racist lies that are disproved by every black QB that's ever played. Blacks can play positions that call for them running teams through them like Middle Linebacker (the defensive version of QB) or a Point Guard in basketball. Blacks play both those positions heavily but whites denied them opportunities to play QB out of racism. That fact you tried to take this conversation there is sad :stopitslime: it's a verifiable fact that women aren't as strong as men. It's just biology. There's nothing outside of racist bullshyt verifying that white men are smarter than all other races of men :beli:

HellRell804

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As far as I can read, it was the men in this thread that brought up feminism, and then proceeded to compete with women, not the other way around. Serena was talking about labels. All she basically said was, why does female need to be put in front when I am one of the greatest? I'm just imaging a similar debate with black instead of female, and I'm having a hard time understanding where the offense was taken was these males on the Coli.

So let me just ask this, do you disagree with her quote? Is she one of the greatest athletes of all time or not?

Sigh. You're still trying to invoke racism. If we were talking about a white man vs a black man we could see that competition play out and the debate would be settled. Like they said black men couldn't be qbs in the NFL, Dante culpepper and Steve McNair broke records myth broken. There's like 10 or 11 black starters now and the divide is getting bigger every year.

Nothing is stopping Serena from proving her claims but I'm seeing women just want someone to say they're the best without having to go through the trouble of proving it, because proving claims is racist, sexist, misogynist, or whatever other -ist fits...

Last edited:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
She is one of the greatest period. There is a small amount of professional athletes in the world across sports, and Serena would beat most of them at tennis, including LeBron, who is not trained in the sport. She would lose to some maybe even most male tennis athletes, although I question this would be the case at her peak (which was not 16-18). But she would beat most all other athletes at her sport male or female. That means she is one of the greatest athletes and she is where she is for a reason.

And still, the racial solidarity stuff is as fake as a 2 dollar bill. A Black person's accomplishments got thrown under the bus real quick for you to align with your gender across race. Don't think it has gone unnoticed that you've failed to address that in full. Not going to keep going back and forth either. Enjoy your night and the daps you'll keep getting for diminishing her.

when i was close to challenger circuit pro play i would have destroyed serena.
women can not put as much weight on top of the ball as a man, and also, mechanically since said ball does not have said weight on the back of the ball.
serena on the women's circuit who does not have sound mechanics would be out hit or forced into unforced errors in an over power manner.
completely opposite of when she was incapable of solving the offspeed pushes of the garbage that was hingis.

art barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Dog Venus was ranked 20th in the world and dude beat them both. Not to mention they asked for the matches. I'd love to see the experiment duplicated but for some reason the Williams sisters stopped calling out men....

they stopped calling out men because they started getting their asses handed to them versus male hitting partners.

art barr

TELL ME YA CHEESIN FAM?

I walk around a little edgy already
Daps
Reppin
The H
They had the USA female soccer team on 60 minutes talking about "they're better than the men's team so they should be paid the same"

:heh:

Daps
Reppin
Queens/NYC
As much as I love Serena, she would get dusted by the likes of Rafael Nadal, Federer, Murray and Djokovic.

I wonder though how come after Arthur Ashe no Black MAN has reached the pinnacle? :jbhmm:

We gotta get women back to reality. The media.and government are happy to indulge in their delusions because they are the ultimate consumers, but sometimes you gotta realize that you're hurting society. You're giving little girls false hope. Its basically telling them that their best is not good enough. That fuels all kinds of insecurity towards men.

Australia’s National Women’s Soccer Team Lose 7-0 To A Bunch Of 15-Year-Old Boys

Australia’s National Women’s Soccer Team Lose 7-0 To A Bunch Of 15-Year-Old Boys

This isn't even uncommon. Instead of making girls ashamed of not being men we should celebrate them for what they are capable of.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/1098023

Women And Prescription Drugs: One In Four Takes Mental Health Meds

This is not the sign of a healthy society. We out here telling women they gotta compete with men to be worth something and the competition is killing them

So like the average Woman has something like 100 ng/dl of Test in her blood and 1000 ng/dl Estrogen
The average Man has like 1000 ng/dl and 100 ng/dl of estrogen

We are polar opposites biologically
Testosterone ENHANCES organ function
Estrogen PROTECTS organ integrity

Two completely different methods which can achieve similar results this is why medicine is mostly the same for Men and Women but ultimately differences will persist outside of basic vital life sustaining activities like a heart beat etc. But even then this is why Women live longer is because Estrogen is more heart friendly

Feminism wants to believe we are the same. WE AREN'T

Women biologically are NOT MADE TO COMPETE. They are made to CONSERVE and continue reproducing.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I wonder though how come after Arthur Ashe no Black MAN has reached the pinnacle? :jbhmm:

So like the average Woman has something like 100 ng/dl of Test in her blood and 1000 ng/dl Estrogen
The average Man has like 1000 ng/dl and 100 ng/dl of estrogen

We are polar opposites biologically
Testosterone ENHANCES organ function
Estrogen PROTECTS organ integrity

Two completely different methods which can achieve similar results this is why medicine is mostly the same for Men and Women but ultimately differences will persist outside of basic vital life sustaining activities like a heart beat etc. But even then this is why Women live longer is because Estrogen is more heart friendly

Feminism wants to believe we are the same. WE AREN'T

Women biologically are NOT MADE TO COMPETE. They are made to CONSERVE and continue reproducing.

it costs to much to play year round and the programs the usta used to have to get us, blacks male and female pro kinda fell off.

art barr

Jaylen Tatum

Superstar
Daps
Don't worry. I'm sure the white feminist will come to
Serena's aid..

Where dey at tho??

200.gif

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
One of the handful of reasons I got a kick out of seeing Trump win was putting a severe halt to all this feminist nonsense. I like Serena too, but feminism is all about the white women Everything from the Ghostbusters reboot, Supergirl, Star Wars Force Awakens, Star Wars Rogue One, Amy Schumer, etc. was the entertainment world prepping us for a Clinton administration. The only two women with a name in tennis that bring in big dollars for advertising and ratings are Sharapova and Serena. Other than that, the men do carry the sport both in popularity and ability. Add to the fact that women only play 3 sets instead of 5 and I don't want to hear it.

i only watch tennis for serena thats me tho you still could be right

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
She is one of the world's greatest.
She is dominant in her field.

The best athletes are ranked as such in comparison to their competitors; within their sport, specific discipline or event, weight class, specialty. Era.

Jesse Owens is a world's greatest athlete though his gold medal time would merely get 43rd place in the 100 semis at Rio, yet he is greater than every 100 sprinter there save one.
Usain Bolt is iconic but can't outcompete the vast majority of his sport's athletes, doesn't even contend 94% of the sport's competitions.
Sugar Ray Robinson is one of the greatest boxers though he'd lose against any heavyweight. He was the best at what he did, he is pound for pound top 3, one of the best in the absolute because of his performance in a specific category/subsection.

Plus most Greatest Athletes Ever! were/are only ever competitive in one elite sport; so don't excel at whole sets of athletic skills, only dominate within defined parameters.

"The Greatest" label also implies someone is an influential sports figure whose impact goes beyond dry black and white figures, scores and ratings. There are athletes who won a lot, had great stats but aren't memorable.

Serena is iconic. She changed the game, how it's played and trained for and how it's marketed and televised. She's recognizable outside the sports world, identifiable by one name. People who aren't tennis fans will tune in to watch her, buy a magazine because she's on the cover, purchase tickets for a match. Enroll their kids in tennis lessons. She paved the way for greater inclusion, diversity, outreach in the sport. She influences her sport from the elite levels on down and athletes not in her sport. Her impact is bigger than winning lots of matches.

She's the best at what she does (playing tennis, against elite female competitors), like Owens (sprinting and jumping, in the 1930s), Bolt (sprinting, at two specific distances), Robinson (boxing, fighters who weigh 154-160lbs) at a level that elevates them as athletes beyond their specific categories.

:blessed:

praise serena

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
i only watch tennis for serena thats me tho you still could be right

My father is a Serena stan, hardcore with it. I enjoy watching her too. Matter fact, to be completely honest with you, I enjoy watching the women more so than the men. I'm not saying that for :shaq: purposes either. One has to give those women their credit as its due. Still, it's foolish to ever think the women can compete with the men on a physical level. There's a reason men play 5 sets and women only 3. There's a reason if Djokovic stepped on the court against Serena it would be a slaughter. Women and Men are not equal on a physical level.

Take it a step further, if we want to get into pay, again one has to bring up men play more sets than women and based on that alone deserve more pay. Beyond that though, men are vastly more popular than women worldwide and bring in higher ratings, and subsequently higher revenue dollars in the form of gate money and advertising. It is what it is and isn't sexist to acknowledge such.

tater

Superstar
Daps
when i was close to challenger circuit pro play i would have destroyed serena.
women can not put as much weight on top of the ball as a man, and also, mechanically since said ball does not have said weight on the back of the ball.
serena on the women's circuit who does not have sound mechanics would be out hit or forced into unforced errors in an over power manner.
completely opposite of when she was incapable of solving the offspeed pushes of the garbage that was hingis.

art barr

You play tennis?