Serena Williams: "Do they say LeBron is one of the best 'male athletes'?"

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Serena doesn't compete against the best humans tho. She only competes against other women. If you are honest about where she ranks amongst all tennis players then you'd have to admit that she's not one of the best ever when include make tennis players. You may not like it and u may hurt your feelings, but it's the truth.

Then according to you the only way for a female athlete to prove that she is indeed an elite athlete is to compete against men? Do you not see how genetically that is problematic?

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I actually agree with you but you still used qualifiers. "The greatest athlete of his era" is not the same as "the greatest athlete of all time".

My point is we have to stop trying to act like there's something wrong with not being compared to men. Forcing the issue hurts everyone involved. Men being men, if you call yourself something you have to prove it.

If I call myself the best chef in the world and bobby flay challenges me to a throw down and I'm like :whoa: "but but he's a professional." I can no longer call myself the best in the world. The best amateur chef maybe, but not THE best

Again, I get that. I just disagree. The distinction is made on genetic level and that must be considered. Being a Chef isn't (totally) contingent on physical prowess, thus women and men can compete against each other on a some what level playing field genetically. A woman at peak physical conditioning, and a man at the same level are still not even because the ceiling for men is higher, naturally. Thus there is NO real way to ever really measure this in the realm of athletics with a NATURAL disadvantage women have.

I mean its really simple to understand.

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
(Sigh) This is stupid. Male and female sports are separate for a reason. Ignoring biological realities doesn't elevate the value of women, any more than ignoring that a watermelon has seeds will make it better than an orange. You see how absurd that last analogy sounds.

This is just a failure of feminism. Equality doesn't mean everyone has to be the same and in trying to force this, ironically you end up invalidating your worth because you accept the implication of superiority of that which you attempt to emulate.

Sorry if that seems convoluted or nonsensical.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
Then according to you the only way for a female athlete to prove that she is indeed an elite athlete is to compete against men? Do you not see how genetically that is problematic?
No, according to me there's a difference between male and female athletes and that should never be ignored. What's wrong with acknowledging that Serena is an elite female athlete? Male and female athletes don't compete against each other because women aren't naturally as athletic. Why should that be ignored to protect people with low self esteem who have a problem handling the truth?

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
No, according to me there's a difference between male and female athletes and that should never be ignored. What's wrong with acknowledging that Serena is an elite female athlete? Male and female athletes don't compete against each other because women aren't naturally as athletic. Why should that be ignored to protect people with low self esteem who have a problem handling the truth?

What's wrong with just calling Serena one of the best athletes the world has ever seen? :sas2:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
The #203 ranked man beat the #20th ranked woman and her sister back to back. Idk how else to frame that.

You talking about wilt Chamberlain? One of the best of all time, and even then the comparison would be more apt if 1984 wilt dogged Clyde drexler and Jordan on the same day back to back only taking a break to put another notch on his belt in the locker room and smoke a joint.

This is more like bill laimbeer schooled rookie drexler and UNC senior Jordan back to back.

And like I said we could call lebron one of the best male athletes but its redundant. He's the top of his sport (basketball) and has proven it against the top competition in the us and abroad. If Britney griner dropped 20 on the Cleveland cavaliers I'd drop the female qualifier and crown her one of the best athletes period.

The WNBA is only elite competition to other women, Adam Morrison could pull a juwanna man tomorrow and be girl Jordan

I'm talking about Serena Williams..probably the best of all time and u doing weird comparisons by bringing up the 17 yr version playing some yahoo like she was losing to him week in and week out..get fukking real. Now u got some mental thing against women..that's on you. Where is the all time great Serena calling Names out to play? What's the matter with u?

And yeah Chamberlin playing against 2003 Bron is a fukking joke..that's why it was brought up.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Serena doesn't compete against the best humans tho. She only competes against other women. If you are honest about where she ranks amongst all tennis players ever, then you'd have to admit that she's not one of the best ever when including male tennis players. She couldn't even compete against the best men's tennis players. You may not like it and it may hurt your feelings, but it's the truth.
Well the NBA was supposed to be the best players on earth until they got spanked in the Olympics a few times when the Brons and Kobes weren't there. So they only competed against other NBA teams and then lost on the international front? There are wrinkles all in this thread.

HellRell804

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Again, I get that. I just disagree. The distinction is made on genetic level and that must be considered. Being a Chef isn't (totally) contingent on physical prowess, thus women and men can compete against each other on a some what level playing field genetically. A woman at peak physical conditioning, and a man at the same level are still not even because the ceiling for men is higher, naturally. Thus there is NO real way to ever really measure this in the realm of athletics with a NATURAL disadvantage women have.

I mean its really simple to understand.

And that's why I have no problem saying she's one of the best female athletes alive and of all time. Those statements can be proven.

Most Americans don't even rock with women's sports outside of the Olympics and uconn women because of the clearly inferior play. The only way to get rid of the female qualifier is to get out there and beat some men:manny:

Gravity

Banned
Daps
Well the NBA was supposed to be the best players on earth until they got spanked in the Olympics a few times when the Brons and Kobes weren't there. So they only competed against other NBA teams and then lost on the international front? There are wrinkles all in this thread.
The fukk are you talking about?

HellRell804

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm talking about Serena Williams..probably the best of all time and u doing weird comparisons by bringing up the 17 yr version playing some yahoo like she was losing to him week in and week out..get fukking real. Now u got some mental thing against women..that's on you. Where is the all time great Serena calling Names out to play? What's the matter with u?

And yeah Chamberlin playing against 2003 Bron is a fukking joke..that's why it was brought up.

There is nothing on earth except Serena herself stopping her from proving her dominance to a nasal, federer, or djokavic. A battle of the sexes 4 with a prime woman athlete vs a man who isn't on the seniors tour like bobby riggs would do crazy #s on ppv. shyt I'd buy it myself

I'm just gonna ignore the charges that I must have some problem with women and just take that as acknowledgement that you don't have anything else to add.

Like my man said earlier in the thread lob an insult take a knee and run the clock out.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
The fukk u talking about or are u just some illiterate little nygga who needs everything spelled out for him like a damn toddler. Stupid.
I'm talking about there being an obvious difference between female and male athletes. That nonsensical incoherent shyt you posted is irrelevant to anything t that I've said. You blind hairy palms having ass bytch.