SHOULD WE THANK BIDEN FOR THE 7 MILLION IMMIGRANTS WHO SAVED OUR ECONOMY AND STOPPED THE RECESSION?

Sir Richard Spirit

Superstar
Daps

How immigrant workers in US have helped boost job growth and stave off a recession​

How has the economy managed to prosper, adding hundreds of thousands of jobs, month after month, at a time when the Federal Reserve has aggressively raised interest rates to fight inflation — normally a recipe for a recession?

Increasingly, the answer appears to be immigrants — whether living in the United States legally or not. The influx of foreign-born adults vastly raised the supply of available workers after a U.S. labor shortage had left many companies unable to fill jobs.

More workers filling more jobs and spending more money has helped drive economic growth and create still-more job openings. The availability of immigrant workers eased the pressure on companies to sharply raise wages and to then pass on their higher labor costs to their customers via higher prices that feed inflation. Though U.S. inflation remains elevated, it has plummeted from its levels of two years ago.

“There’s been something of a mystery — how are we continuing to get such extraordinary strong job growth with inflation still continuing to come down?’’ said Heidi Shierholz, president of the Economic Policy Institute and a former chief economist at the Labor Department. “The immigration numbers being higher than what we had thought — that really does pretty much solve that puzzle.’’

Article provides a lot of information too. I remember I said immigrants were being allowed in to lower our standards and pay. I was banned from that thread and given a warning point. Well, Biden agrees with me :yeshrug:

Critics counter that a surge in immigration can force down pay, particularly for low-income workers, a category that often includes immigrants who have lived in the United States longer. Last month, in the most recent economic report of the president, Biden’s advisers acknowledged that “immigration may place downward pressure on the wages of some low-paid workers” but added that most studies show that the impact on the wages of the U.S.-born is “small.”

Article gives examples and is very detailed,

A study by Wendy Edelberg and Tara Watson, economists at the Brookings Institution’s Hamilton Project, has concluded that over the past two years, new immigrants raised the economy’s supply of workers and allowed the United States to generate jobs without overheating and accelerating inflation.

In the past, economists typically estimated that America’s employers could add no more than 60,000 to 100,000 jobs a month without overheating the economy and igniting inflation. But when Edelberg and Watson included the immigration surge in their calculations, they found that monthly job growth could be roughly twice as high this year — 160,000 to 200,000 — without exerting upward pressure on inflation.

“There are significantly more people working in the country,” Fed Chair Jerome Powell said last week in a speech at Stanford University. Largely because of the immigrant influx, Powell said, “it’s a bigger economy but not a tighter one. Really an unexpected and an unusual thing.’’

The fed was calling for higher interest rates and layoffs to slow inflation. Looks like hiring immigrants instead of Americans worked just fine tho.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
The problem with this thread is that it’s essentially proved with other people have been saying when threads have been made propping up the job numbers and unemployment rate.

That wasn’t your intention OP I’m sure, but that’s what’s happening.

Sir Richard Spirit

Superstar
Daps
:childplease: and what about the hardworking americans the govt keeps ripping its tax dollars from???

What hard working Americans? According to this article nobody wants to work.

Filling the gap has been a wave of immigrants. Over the past four years, the number of prime-age workers who either have a job or are looking for one has surged by 2.8 million. And nearly all those new labor force entrants — 2.7 million, or 96% of them — were born outside the United States. Immigrants last year accounted for a record 18.6% of the labor force, according to the Economic Policy Institute’s analysis of government data.

And employers welcomed the help.

Consider Jan Gautam, CEO of the lodging company Interessant Hotels & Resort Management in Orlando, Florida, who said he can’t find American-born workers to take jobs cleaning rooms and doing laundry in his 44 hotels. Of Interessant’s 3,500 workers, he said, 85% are immigrants.

This guy has 3500 employees and 85% of his staff is immigrants.

96% of people entering the workforce are immigrants

Apparently nobody but immigrants want to work :laff:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
All this immigration debate is just a bunch of smoke screens and fear mongering. Demcrats deport just many (often more) illegals as republicans
Just because one party doesn't demonize them as much as the other doesn't mean they are doing anything less about them,
_115023364_optimised-deportation_v2-nc.png.webp

This is not an important political issue in my opinion.
Focus should instead be on the businesses that try to underpay people, hire illegals, and outsource jobs overseas when they fail the either of the former two practices domestically.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
What hard working Americans? According to this article nobody wants to work.

This guy has 3500 employees and 85% of his staff is immigrants.

96% of people entering the workforce are immigrants

Apparently nobody but immigrants want to work :laff:

because they low ball immigrants on wages :mjlol: that's why they hire so many of them..

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
If anything the numbers show that if you want more illegals deported, you should prbably be voting democrat.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
If anything the numbers show that if you want more illegals deported, you should prbably be voting democrat.

:mjlol: that's untrue because biden letting them come right in plus flying them in from overseas... so something changed...

Worthless Loser

Blackpilled
Daps

How immigrant workers in US have helped boost job growth and stave off a recession​

Article provides a lot of information too. I remember I said immigrants were being allowed in to lower our standards and pay. I was banned from that thread and given a warning point.
:mjlol: since there are no standard rules, mods can simply give warnings for disagreeing with your post.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
:mjlol: that's untrue because biden letting them come right in plus flying them in from overseas... so something changed...
So you claim, yet as i posted, the numbers show its usually the republicans doing that. You just buy into the rhetoric,
Like i said Immigration is a non issue, Politicians bring up when they have no real platform.
Trump literally just said the other day he wants to let more euro immigrants into the country. He literally made an immigrant first lady. something no other president has done.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
So you claim, yet as i posted, the numbers show its usually the republicans doing that. You just buy into the rhetoric,
Like i said Immigration is a non issue, Politicians bring up when they have no real platform.
Trump literally just said the other day he wants to let more euro immigrants into the country. He literally made an immigrant first lady. something no other president has done.

Nah biden been flying them in on private chartered flights by the govt :what: we was just talking about that here a while ago. plus they just let in a terrorist at the boarder and let him go only to capture him again...:dead: we just discussed that last night bruh... Biden is not strong on immigration why do you think he's losing voters???

Sir Richard Spirit

Superstar
Daps
Why are you discussing deportations?

3.3 million immigrants crossed over just last year. Biden ain’t deporting shyt. He’s using them to boost the economy.

Go sit your dumbass down.