Should Women Be ALLOWED In The Barbershop? You Don't See Us In The Beauty Salon.

Should Women Be Allowed In The Barbershop When They Not Bringing Their Kids?

• Total voters

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Well, from the shops I've been too that owned by hood/street dudes. They're always talking about the issues that interest me like White Supremacy and etc. TBH, I first learned about the history of the Moors from a barber at my local barbershop.

Everywhere else I go to it's like brothas hold their tongue or PC. In the shop you just hear that real shyt. Most of the time they discuss UFO's, Black Pride, and etc which I agree with. Also, get togethers happen at he shop.

In some ways that's why I like the barbershop. Same goes for the sistas at the beauty shop.

Anyway, should women be allowed in the barbershop (when they are NOT bringing their kid?). I'm sorry, but I see the barbershop as the man cave. Only time we in the beauty salon is when a stylist is doing our dreads or cornrows.

JJ Evans

All Star
Daps
Unfortunately some of these brothers working in these barbershops are just as misinformed as some of the brothers that post on this site.

Foxnews, breitbart, and Alex Jones have brainwashed a lot of our people.

Edit: I see the thread title was changed from “black men receiving knowledge about the current issues“ after I posted.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Unfortunately some of these brothers working in these barbershops are just as misinformed as some of the brothers that post on this site.

Foxnews, breitbart, and Alex Jones have brainwashed a lot of our people.
That part is true in a sense. I read articles that have been certified as a credible source.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
nah they shouldn't be. aint nothing wrong with having spots for the fellas. and then women having spots strictly for them.
I agree with this too. We give the sistas time for themselves in the salon. That should be the same for us. At least we can't be #MeToo'ed in the shop.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
My barber's ex wife stops in sometimes; they're cool with each other. She'll drop off drinks, sit down to talk shyt, then bounce. Doesn't bother me or anyone else. And a couple of his clients are butch lesbians who get fades lmao.
:yeshrug:

8 out of 10 times you won't see a woman in the shop tho, and I'm including mothers who bring their kids. I'd imagine salons have similar ratios; you may get a father bringing his daughter every now and then, or someone's boyfriend stopping by...but that's it.

Contrefaire

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
West Coast
The only time I've seen random women in the barber shop is when the shop was split with a beauty salon (and really, they didn't interact much with the men anyway) or in the rare cases when the shop has a little section designated for women getting lashes put on. Most women, even when bringing kids do something else while the kid is waiting (get food, run errands, etc) or getting a cut.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I agree with this too. We give the sistas time for themselves in the salon. That should be the same for us. At least we can't be #MeToo'ed in the shop.

If not for the fact that we've seen your face, posts like this would make me believe you are a thread-creating BOT whose algorithm puts random shyt together and hopes it sticks. :patrice:

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
9 times out of 10 the female is coming to the barbershop to get chose.

The reason that I say this is because 9 times out of 10 one of the barbers ends up smashing.
9 times outta 10 a woman is in the barbershop becuz they’re child is getting a cut. What kinda thread is this?
:heh:

Couth

I gave her D she got mad
Daps
I go to the salon to get my dreads twisted.

Idc. I be in and out of the barbershop. My barbers cool but I don't come through for conveesation

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
They should be allowed but I don't know why they'd want to be there tho, it's a man's space