Social Anxiety/Phobia???

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Has/is anybody dealing with/dealt with this?

Over the last couple of months/weeks Ive been feeling really uncomfortable around people and large crowds. It's been nearly getting to the point where I don't want to leave my apartment either at times (i leave only when i have to) and now it's making me weary of having a desk job or other job where i have to be around people. Just them watching me, talking about me, quietely judging me in the back of their minds, it eventually just gets to me to the point where i think there's something wrong with me or im wearing something wrong or being awkward or being intrusive and then it eventually stresses me out and tires me. There's been a moment where i had a panic attack and opted to take a cab instead of a train cause i didnt want to be around people.

Its funny though...i have my friends and go out pretty frequently and i try to stay active and out and about but just thinking about being around people and being so aware of myself and my surroundings i just get uncomfortable at times and want to be alone and not seen. It's almost a phobia.

But it's like...there's nothing wrong with anybody (that i know of) its just this fear of being in an embarassing situation and having people stare at me or make me feel uncomfortable that's i think of sometimes that makes me not want to be around people or social situations at times.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
I had social anxiety

I got therapy and medicine

Now I'm cool
Yeah i take medication now for depression/anxiety. It works it helps but this has been kind of recent.

I just am not trying to get the point wherei doubt myself too much and just become a shut in. I guess i have to force myself to go out and be social.

Prynce

Daps
Yeah i take medication now for depression/anxiety. It works it helps but this has been kind of recent.

I just am not trying to get the point wherei doubt myself too much and just become a shut in. I guess i have to force myself to go out and be social.
I had to stop overthinking stuff and force myself to push through it

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
:jbhmm: I don't know if it's really social anxiety for me but I can relate.
:manny: I live by the flawless magnificent philosophy called "people ain't shyt".
:sas1: I do my best to avoid them. Unless some how it can advance me forward.
:martin: Most mofos in this society are out for their own interest and could careless how you feel or what's on your heart.
:demonic: So you got to be cut throat and look out for yourself first. Everyone else second.
:whoa: That doesn't mean it's not good people out there but for the most part people ain't shyt until proven otherwise.

grazazaza

Ruff Draft
Daps

Get therapy also, CBT is very helpful for people with social anxiety, once you begin to understand the concepts and methods in the therapy it'll click and u will start to overcome SA,

Belive me i know how hard it is as i struggle with the disorder myself

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps

I don't know what meds you're taking but it could possibly be a side effect of the medication. My dad took olanzapine and it made him incredibly lazy, fat and unproductive. He just recently stopped taking it and he's a lil better now.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Get therapy also, CBT is very helpful for people with social anxiety, once you begin to understand the concepts and methods in the therapy it'll click and u will start to overcome SA,

Belive me i know how hard it is as i struggle with the disorder myself
Good looks.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lately I've noticed this is way worst with me, I'm actually getting kind of concerned. Just a year or so ago I was wayyy more social now... anxiety of being around a bunch of people or even a couple of people for a set amount of time eat's at me.

I dont even go out to games or shows like talking about anymore. :mjcry:

Last edited: