Sohh... Roe v. Wade effectively overturned via Texas Abortion Law and SCOTUS

Was 2014 the end of Liberal Dreams for SCOTUS?

• Total voters

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
You think shutting down the government during the winter height of the pandemic, in order to stop a SC from being confirmed, is a good idea? During an election year? This is madness.

The real problem is simple. Obama invited RBG to a private dinner and politely, indirectly asked that she retire. WH influencers were more direct. She refused. Her hubris and arrogance led to this. Given that Roberts sided with the liberals last night we can infer that a liberal 5-4 win would have occurred if RBG had retired and was replaced by a young liberal.

Now Brewer is doing the same shyt. The problem is that liberal Supreme Court justices, who have front row seats to witness conservative judicial activism on the bench, actively ignore it in favor of maintaining their own personal position/power. If Brewer had any dignity he would retire before Thanksgiving. But he won’t.
The problem isn’t simple, and it extends beyond scotus. The Dems lack of focus on power - top down - and gerrymandering has allowed republicans to stack the courts all over this country. Takes a bigger fix/strategy than RBG having listened to obama

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
You think shutting down the government during the winter height of the pandemic, in order to stop a SC from being confirmed, is a good idea? During an election year? This is madness.
Why do you people not read articles to understand but instead read to fukking nitpick? :why:
The real problem is simple. Obama invited RBG to a private dinner and politely, indirectly asked that she retire. WH influencers were more direct. She refused. Her hubris and arrogance led to this. Given that Roberts sided with the liberals last night we can infer that a liberal 5-4 win would have occurred if RBG had retired and was replaced by a young liberal.
This isn’t the real problem.

The real problem is the Dems stopped caring about the courts since the 1970s.

That’s the issue. RBG is a symptom.

Last edited:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Why do you people not read articles to understand but instead read to fukking nitpick? :why:

The author called the refusal to shut down government an “abdication of responsibility from one of the country’s most powerful figures during a moment of national crisis.” That’s the argument he chose, and it’s a poor one. Don’t criticize me for pointing it out. Furthermore I’m not sure how that would stop the confirmation given that it wouldn’t stop the senate from convening. If anything McConnell would have simply confirmed her faster.

Barrett was getting a seat no matter what. Solely because RBG refused to retire when she should have. It was the ultimate failure of white feminism. Allowing her anger at the audacity of a (black) man telling her what to do to doom women to the fate they now suffer. And the biggest loser will be women of color, not the white feminists who name their dogs Ruth in honor of her, or the white women having brunch discussing equality while simultaneously complaining that too many inner city kids are enrolling in little Jonny’s school.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
It feels like another civil war is coming I don’t know how it’s going to play out, might not be a gun war but a economic one. It might be something more drastic.

Biden looking weak as shyt like Buchanan out here too. shyt is building up and he is too old to even grasp it.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
The author called the refusal to shut down government an “abdication of responsibility from one of the country’s most powerful figures during a moment of national crisis.”
That’s not what he said. :why:

The statement was a critique of Pelosi not offering anything to stop Barrett’s appointment while also claiming he is a North Korean dictator.

The article, and I posted an excerpt, was about the contrast between congressional democrats hysterics while rubber stamping everything these supposed monsters are doing any putting up no counter, excerpt snark and statements.

That’s why I said you didn’t read the article to understand, but to nitpick.

Your earlier post shows you aren’t even aware of what lead to this point.

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Be more specific because affirmative action barely exist already

AA is still prevalent throughout the country byway of govt contracts, civil service, and university admissions and so I'm not sure you've come to the conclusion that it barely exists.

The Harvard Asian discrimination case when it comes before the USSC will likely lead to AA ended because of the conservative make up of the court. Further there is more ideological consistency on the right regarding AA in comparison to abortion.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
This is the type of shyt why I don’t want universal healthcare, not gonna leave it up to partisan, conservative government to tell me what care they will and won’t provide me...

I’m personally anti abortion but definitely feel women should be able to choose, they’re basically condemning women to have kids they don’t want or can’t afford. Pretty much only people actively trying for a kid would know they’re pregnant before six weeks, most other women won’t know until the 4-6 week mark at the earliest. But I’m sure Texas ain’t setting aside money to take care of these kids
:manny::yeshrug:

it's a sad day, but at least we avoided having hillary as president.... nothing could have been worst than that...
This is why hillary was fukking brilliant. She found a way to preserve abortion and make the anti abortion activists happy:

SAFE, LEGAL, RARE:
[

Losing the 'Rare' in 'Safe, Legal, and Rare'

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
It feels like another civil war is coming I don’t know how it’s going to play out, might not be a gun war but a economic one. It might be something more drastic.

Biden looking weak as shyt like Buchanan out here too. shyt is building up and he is too old to even grasp it.
AA is still prevalent throughout the country byway of govt contracts, civil service, and university admissions and so I'm not sure you've come to the conclusion that it barely exists.

The Harvard Asian discrimination case when it comes before the USSC will likely lead to AA ended because of the conservative make up of the court. Further there is more ideological consistency on the right regarding AA in comparison to abortion.
The author called the refusal to shut down government an “abdication of responsibility from one of the country’s most powerful figures during a moment of national crisis.” That’s the argument he chose, and it’s a poor one. Don’t criticize me for pointing it out. Furthermore I’m not sure how that would stop the confirmation given that it wouldn’t stop the senate from convening. If anything McConnell would have simply confirmed her faster.

Barrett was getting a seat no matter what. Solely because RBG refused to retire when she should have. It was the ultimate failure of white feminism. Allowing her anger at the audacity of a (black) man telling her what to do to doom women to the fate they now suffer. And the biggest loser will be women of color, not the white feminists who name their dogs Ruth in honor of her, or the white women having brunch discussing equality while simultaneously complaining that too many inner city kids are enrolling in little Jonny’s school.

This is why i say we should study reconstruction.

That shyt lasted 12 years.

Then Jim Crow.

and it was ALL legal.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City

Thanks for clarifying. I was misinformed and just not thinking clearly on it. Yes, overturning this is going to hurt a lot of black people. Women too...... Idk what to think besides drastic stuff. The politicians have failed the people and when that happens things get hectic.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
hozfrhv26yk71.jpg

@wire28 @Th3G3ntleman @ezrathegreat @Jello Biafra @humble forever @Dameon Farrow @Piff Perkins @Pressure @johnedwarduado @Armchair Militant @panopticon @Tres Leches @ADevilYouKhow @dtownreppin214 @DrDealgood @Red Shield

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
The problem isn’t simple, and it extends beyond scotus. The Dems lack of focus on power - top down - and gerrymandering has allowed republicans to stack the courts all over this country. Takes a bigger fix/strategy than RBG having listened to obama
Exactly

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Honestly, stuff like this has made me become jaded with the Democratic Party. I was never a #DontVote person but I'm seriously thinking off doing just that.

What's the fukking point of voting if Dems won't do anything? :francis:

Last edited: