(SPIN): Black-Americans NEED To Travel More Often (OUTSIDE The Country)

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
god fukking damn i hate reading this shyt over and over

"dont travel, people might not like you :lupe: there are racists out there ya know"

is that REALLY a reason not to see the world? its fukking pathetic as individual mindset and even worse as a casual 'necessary' comment that people throw around each time the topic of a traveling black person comes up

get that trash out of your system and stop infecting others with it

Where did I say don't travel you fukking moron. Stop trying to read shyt that ain't there. I've actually been to a couple of those countries and plan to visit more.

I'm saying don't use racism as a reason to get away from America just to take your ass to an even more racist country. That's like me saying it's too damn hot in Memphis so I need to move to Phoenix. He used racism in the states as a reason to travel so naturally you have to speak on the racism of the places he plans to visit.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Although let's be real here. If you're American there isn't really that much incentive to travel abroad when we live in such a diverse country. You get beaches, deserts, snow, etc all here without going anywhere so I don't really judge people who say fukk and stay here :manny:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Where did I say don't travel you fukking moron. Stop trying to read shyt that ain't there. I've actually been to a couple of those countries and plan to visit more.

I'm saying don't use racism as a reason to get away from America just to take your ass to an even more racist country. That's like me saying it's too damn hot in Memphis so I need to move to Phoenix. He used racism in the states as a reason to travel so naturally you have to speak on the racism of the places he plans to visit.
"i got off the plane and a security guard called me a nikka i want to go home :mjcry:" is that really how that's EVER played out?

if someone wants to branch out and leave, you gonna tell em to stay on some nonsense itshoteverywhere analogy?

SeveroDrgnfli

Ain't nobody tryin to get indicted.
Daps
Reppin
Always
It's really not. If work the hostel and woof (work for your housing) game right, you can see the world for really cheap. Plenty of hippie white kids doing it, no reason why we can't.

And yes we have a thread of black excellence seeing the world.
Essential - The Official Coli Travel Thread
I've traveled a lot. I've lived in 6 different cities. I've been to over 10 states and 3 different countries.

I spent thousands of dollars on every trip. I don't know many working class black people who have thousands of dollars to blow on an overseas trip.

I don't know what you consider cheap but anything I'm spending over 500 dollars on ain't cheap. A passport is like 200 dollars. A plane ticket to Spain from SF is 1200 dollars on AA.

Cost of checking bags is like 20-50 dollars. Taxis are expensive, especially in tourist areas.

I haven't included food, unexpected expenses, etc. It costs racks my guy.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Although let's be real here. If you're American there isn't really that much incentive to travel abroad when we live in such a diverse country. You get beaches, deserts, snow, etc all here without going anywhere so I don't really judge people who say fukk and stay here :manny:
That's lame as fukk, and honestly sad as hell that you think that way.

Even something as trivial as catching a matinee is a vastly different experience in another country. 'beaches, deserts, snow, etc' ...yal are really so wildly dismissive of how big and amazing this world is and what's scary is I don't even think you question why you feel like that.

That's why its important to travel.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's lame as fukk, and honestly sad as hell that you think that way.

Even something as trivial as catching a matinee is a vastly different experience in another country. 'beaches, deserts, snow, etc' ...yal are really so wildly dismissive of how big and amazing this world is and what's scary is I don't even think you question why you feel like that.

That's why its important to travel.
First of all I don't think that way as I've travelled probably to more places than you've ever heard off.

The point I was making is that I don't judge Americans who decide not to travel to foreign countries as our country already has a very diverse environment that meets the needs of every type of traveler so I would understand if they decide to stay here.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
"i got off the plane and a security guard called me a nikka i want to go home :mjcry:" is that really how that's EVER played out?

if someone wants to branch out and leave, you gonna tell em to stay on some nonsense itshoteverywhere analogy?

Bruh I swear you have a reading comprehension problem. Seeing letters on the screen that aren't there and shyt. Where did I say don't leave?

Woman of god

Banned
Daps
Nothing against people who travel. I just hate this stupid ass oft repeated pseudo-point.

Nothing wrong with traveling, but its important that a certain sector amongst us travels and attempts to import and bring back things from other cultures that could be useful to our people and the communities we wish to rebuild, and incorporate into culture we wish to re-birth.

Everybody does not need to be traveling right now. Some of y'all just want to copy white folks and imitate them and go about spending money we should be using to build our communities and offer opportunities to our youth to enrich foreign entities.

I much rather we funnel funds into think tanks and PACs then spend it traveling so we can take pictures at monuments, and eat foods you could eat in damn near any major metropolitan area.
The experience of traveling promotes a mindset that helps rid most of us our insular ideologies. That the world is bigger than what we see everyday is not a moot point, particularly for people who literally cannot see a way out of their own unfortunate circumstances. The perceived superficiality that u mention goes towards changing a mindest , which is the first step into changing actions. I think u can liken it to black history museums and reading about black ancestors. Most ppl aren't taking Dubois talking points and applying it directly to their lives, but the experience of knowing the greatness u come from and the hardships u overcame can again be a catalyst for action , either directly or indirectly

number21

Strive for rulership not equality, black man.
Daps
Reppin
North Miami
I'm truly meh about traveling. Also, to travel to escape from America racism is a bit silly as America does run this damn planet so I'm sure other countries (this totally goes for European countries and non-black countries) is willing and fine to shyt on black folks like America does.

Last edited:

www.THUG.com

Trick Love Da Kids!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
D.C.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
First of all I don't think that way as I've travelled probably to more places than you've ever heard off.

The point I was making is that I don't judge Americans who decide not to travel to foreign countries as our country already has a very diverse environment that meets the needs of every type of traveler so I would understand if they decide to stay here.
oh so now its a competition :leon:

'meets the needs of every type of traveler'

breh, what the fukk does that even mean? america is a diverse country but its just -one- diverse country.

TheCPA

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Montreal, Canada
Laugh at people who let white people keep them from going elsewhere, some brehs have white people 24/7 in their mind:mjlol: Travelling is the best way to learn about life in general, if you don't travel you just don't know shyt yet and missed a lot of opportunities, and no the world is not most racist than America, this shyt is a lie, America give you a false sense of safety, nothing's going to happen if you put your foot outside:comeon:

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
You know you can travel for almost nothing other than booking fees.

The wife and I have spent a week in Cozumel mexico last year and 2 weeks this year. And spent less than $700 total cash for both trips on basically food, drinks, souvenirs. We used travel points. It's how you play the game. Until someone in the industry stops this, we are going to do this until it ends. And we still have over 300,000 points banked between us.
It's called travel hacking and it works.

This is what we did last year. On Southwest if you have 110,000 points you get what is called the companion pass. So your companion travels for free the minute you get it until the Next calendar year ends. So I got one Southwest plus card with a $3000 spend limit in 3 months and get 50000 bonus points.
I basically paid bills, bought gas and Visa gift cards for future spending since I don't spend that much monthly to hit the limit. Then I got a Southwest premier card offering the same 50 k bonus points. Did the same thing as the other. By march of last year I had 100k points . They were partnered with Marriott and I bought enough points to get to the 110k for like $80 and transferred it to southwest.
Had the companion pass since April of 2016. So anywhere I go until december of this year the wife goes for the booking fees.
My wife gets to use her work travel points for personal use and she books the hotels.
But next January. She is going to do the points thing with Southwest and now it's 60000 bonus points per card. So you can get the pass very easy.

Lank

The Beginner’s Guide to Points and Miles: Essential Travel Tips

When we were down there this year we met a teacher from Chicago who had more than 2 million points banked and uses it to travel to different places every year.