SPIN: How Can The School System Be FIXED In The U.S.? (MORE BLACK MALE TEACHERS?)

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
As someone who is not a teacher, but has volunteered with them how can this system be fixed? What can these politicians and teachers do to repair this system? We have a majority of cac teachers who do NOT treat these Black kids the same. They see them as inferior :snoop: Most of the troubled kids hate school because the teachers can't relate to them and not all children are the same. For example, I knew someone who hated school/got in trouble, but now she's doing well in life (for an average citizen).

We need more Black male teachers. Especially, for these Black boys. Me personally, I don't want to teach kids. Rather be a mentor when I get in my 30's. However, I feel that these kids are impressionable once they hit 11 and 12 years old.

For people who work in this system I'd like your input.

I have cousins who teach that's why I bring this up.

P.S. most of the teachers that had an impact on me were the Black male ones. Even though there was this Italian American teacher that had a HUGE impact on me in the 3rd grade.

Last edited:

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
I’m currently a black male teacher and I believe I have an impact because I can relate. I came from the same environment and adverse life circumstances.
Do you engage with the parents? If so, how do you try to get the message across to them about the children and system? Also, it's good that you can relate to them. We need more brothas in any capacity that can help these Black kids.

HellRell804

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The schools were made the way they are on purpose, it's designed to kill imagination, critical thinking, and to dissuade children from finding their true talents and passions. So fixing it really isnt an option.

But to answer your question, around the onset of puberty, children should begin vocational type training. Find out what they're good at and enjoy and let them go. Hands on experience is the best way to teach young men and would help identify their strengths so you have less 30 year olds "still trying to find themselves".

This would also allow true genius to be discovered and nurtured. Somewhere in America right now there's a kid who could be the next einstein or tesla, but he's being forced to listen to rants from indoctrinated teachers about subjects he doesn't really care about. This kills his interest in school, and if he does finish and go to college he wont discover his true gift and will probably just go with whatever major plays the most. So you'll have a potential scientific genius wasting his life away in a cubicle or it help desk

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
The schools were made the way they are on purpose, it's designed to kill imagination, critical thinking, and to dissuade children from finding their true talents and passions. So fixing it really isnt an option.

But to answer your question, around the onset of puberty, children should begin vocational type training. Find out what they're good at and enjoy and let them go. Hands on experience is the best way to teach young men and would help identify their strengths so you have less 30 year olds "still trying to find themselves".

This would also allow true genius to be discovered and nurtured. Somewhere in America right now there's a kid who could be the next einstein or tesla, but he's being forced to listen to rants from indoctrinated teachers about subjects he doesn't really care about. This kills his interest in school, and if he does finish and go to college he wont discover his true gift and will probably just go with whatever major plays the most. So you'll have a potential scientific genius wasting his life away in a cubicle or it help desk
Good point. This is why you have kids who become disengaged because the teacher can't relate. Also, the teacher judges the child when they first walk into the room.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
PARENTAL INVOLVEMENT

Individual school districts have their limitations, including the high student to teacher ratios in poor districts (but I'll let y'all out there protesting FOR illegal immigrants to come in, to figure out where they end up and how that affects this ratio)

Anyway, school districts have unique circumstances and challenges, so there is no one size fits all solution.

Parental involvement always helps though. Show your face, at least at parent teacher nights.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
PARENTAL INVOLVEMENT

individual school districts have their limitation, including the high student to teacher ratios in poor districts (but I'll let y'all out there protesting FOR illegal immigrants to come in, to figure out where they end up and how that affects this ratio)

Anyway, school districts have unique circumstances and challenges, so there is no one size fits all solution.

Parental involvement always helps though. Show your face, at least at parent teacher nights.
Good point. At the school I went to the parents where always there. Sometimes, it's the administration that sucks.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Do you engage with the parents? If so, how do you try to get the message across to them about the children and system? Also, it's good that you can relate to them. We need more brothas in any capacity that can help these Black kids.
A few parents. I explain that it is an unforgiving world out there for them. Especially as black people in the US.

Teach how all those courses and coursework is applicable to their future lives.

Last edited:

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've made numerous posts about our education system and they all get ignored. People don't give it much thought.

The only option is home schooling.

Daps
Black children in black schools do very well. Before integration even though black schools were underfunded black students were excelling.

Integration took black children and put them in white schools. Guess what it also did? It put thousands of black teachers out of work because they weren’t “qualified” to teach white kids.

So now you have white teachers that disliked black students in charge of educating them.

This is rarely discussed but integration was a huge set back for black people education wise. We didn’t need white schools just better funded black schools.