SPIN: How Can The School System Be FIXED In The U.S.? (MORE BLACK MALE TEACHERS?)

Rockstar Mom

PhatGurlSwag
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn!!!!!
long ago i wrote a research paper on paying kids through school. financial incentive is key in nearly every aspect of life, but education wants you to wait 18+ years for it to materialize. why not pay em earlier?
These kids don’t need to be paid a fukking dime. School is the only thing a child has to fukking do:stopitslime:

Man listen, parents play the ultimate role in whether the child succeeds in school or not. I’m on my son. I tell him, he literally has ONE job until the age of 18. Go to school and do well in school. You don’t have to do shyt else. You’re taken care of in childhood, your needs/wants all provided for you. The ONE think you have to do is do well in school. That’s it. There’s no excuse to be a fukk up in the ONLY thing you’re responsible for in childhood.

Daps
These kids don’t need to be paid a fukking dime. School is the only thing a child has to fukking do:stopitslime:

Man listen, parents play the ultimate role in whether the child succeeds in school or not. I’m on my son. I tell him, he literally has ONE job until the age of 18. Go to school and do well in school. You don’t have to do shyt else. You’re taken care of in childhood, your needs/wants all provided for you. The ONE think you have to do is do well in school. That’s it. There’s no excuse to be a fukk up in the ONLY thing you’re responsible for in childhood.

great for you and yours. read my post above for my response to your specific situation, not everybody is in that situation.

Daps
If one day, property taxes are no longer allocated to schools then what? People bytch about daycare prices, let’s see how many parents be able to afford secondary education annually. Take into account families with multiple school age children.

well it goes back to your point about "no money exponentially made off them being taught"... if that was true then it wouldn't be something the government dedicates resources to. obviously education brings great value to societies, with innovation and capable human resources. if you know someone is falling off on education, it is likely you will have to find a way to make up for them in the long run (prison, welfare). might as well just throw on a few hundred more dollars and try to nip it in the bud

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The schools were made the way they are on purpose, it's designed to kill imagination, critical thinking, and to dissuade children from finding their true talents and passions. So fixing it really isnt an option.

But to answer your question, around the onset of puberty, children should begin vocational type training. Find out what they're good at and enjoy and let them go. Hands on experience is the best way to teach young men and would help identify their strengths so you have less 30 year olds "still trying to find themselves".

This would also allow true genius to be discovered and nurtured. Somewhere in America right now there's a kid who could be the next einstein or tesla, but he's being forced to listen to rants from indoctrinated teachers about subjects he doesn't really care about. This kills his interest in school, and if he does finish and go to college he wont discover his true gift and will probably just go with whatever major plays the most. So you'll have a potential scientific genius wasting his life away in a cubicle or it help desk
I used to say things like this to get Tumblr, points but it’s not true.
There’s a reason why better funded and high-achievement-heavy schools have kids performing and producing so much creative output all while still working within the confines of the state and national curricula.

It’s not schools “killing creativity” it’s trying to catch up to the National and state standards when 9/10s of parents never taught their kids to read or basic mathematics, only 22 out of 500 come to parent teach conferences, you’ve got a 60% attendance rate, and four years of jaded teachers have left the students woefully behind.

I taught last year at the “worst” school in my city, trust me, even as a Black male teacher with Black assistant principal and principal, as well as Black female co-principals and teachers, relating is only a part of it.
The only way to even remotely bring a solution to educational disparities in the US are to solve the economic and racial disparities.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Disingenuous. Public school is less than 100 years old. It’s a new thing. If your parents couldn’t afford for you to go to school, you didn’t and likely grew up barely knowing how to read. So, a free education that’s paid for by property taxes is their pay. People say home school as if all parents are bunch of geniuses who actually know how to convey information so someone else can retain it. Didn’t even mention patience and time. Not with all these single parent homes.

So, to pay someone for something they’re blessed to be receiving doesn’t get my vote. No money is exponentially made off them being taught. Just in case the NCAA and not paying athletes creep into here.
I agree with everything but this, well-educated children by and large increase the GDP of the country they’re in, and add far more into the state’s economy than their undereducated peers.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
well it goes back to your point about "no money exponentially made off them being taught"... if that was true then it wouldn't be something the government dedicates resources to. obviously education brings great value to societies, with innovation and capable human resources. if you know someone is falling off on education, it is likely you will have to find a way to make up for them in the long run (prison, welfare). might as well just throw on a few hundred more dollars and try to nip it in the bud
Sure. I agree but not in a form of giving students a check for something they’re privileged to have.

CodeBlaMeVi

Supporter
Daps
I agree with everything but this, well-educated children by and large increase the GDP of the country they’re in, and add far more into the state’s economy than their undereducated peers.
I mean not just one set of people are profiting off pupils being educated. You are referring to society and I agree with that.

Daps
Sure. I agree but not in a form of giving students a check for something they’re privileged to have.

not all the schools are a privilege to everybody. i've been a substitute teach at a school and caught students red handed just passing around cheat sheets like its common practice. a few months later the whole system is in a cheating scandal and sending dozens of educators to jail. are those parents gonna get their tax money back for this so called privilege which in reality its that their kids were cheated out of a real education? its a privilege for some and a problem for others. i think this thread is addressing the others.

CodeBlaMeVi

Supporter
Daps
not all the schools are a privilege to everybody. i've been a substitute teach at a school and caught students red handed just passing around cheat sheets like its common practice. a few months later the whole system is in a cheating scandal and sending dozens of educators to jail. are those parents gonna get their tax money back for this so called privilege which in reality its that their kids were cheated out of a real education? its a privilege for some and a problem for others. i think this thread is addressing the others.
Must live in Atlanta.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Choosing a School for My Daughter in a Segregated City
This is also important too.
Ways to fix school system: forced re-integration of schools, removal of voucher programmes, removal of charter schools, state and federally subsidized Head Start programs, federally subsidized day-care programmes with an educational component, access to early college/AP/IB programs in all public high schools, removal of local property taxes determining school quality, summer-school/year-round school availability, work-study programs in public high school, co-teaching as a requirement, yearly evaluations and curricula updates for all teachers, and administration, continued monitoring and early-actin steps for all students starting in third grade, integration of standardized testing so it doesn't feel *off* (ie PROCORE testing or testing per subject), free community college and federally subsidized four year local colleges with standards for acceptance and continued enrollment, and ending federal funding of all for-profit schools, while funding trade-based programs in more schools. Perhaps increasing training for those involved in educational extras like Teach For America and the like would also bring about improvement.

This would bring the achievement gap to a near close, allow a much more robust chance at upward mobility for all students, a direct push for career-readiness, and close some of the issues underlying educating an entire populace.
State-by-state control and standards are a big issue. It should not be up to partisan states, and governmental administration, really, school spending should be as untouchable as defense spending.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
The schools are no bueno. Just secured my daughter’s spot in a private school. I refuse to put her in public. Did my research and I know this wiill work for us as the best alternative. They already have summer reading assignments due on the first day. Homeschooling is not an option bc of my work schedule. Thankfully this private school is 70% Black, it’s diverse, all teachers have masters degrees. It’s diversity not something like The Choate School - :mjpls:
It will be all good until I see that 26,000 tuition bill :huhldup::to::mjcry:

HellRell804

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I used to say things like this to get Tumblr, points but it’s not true.
There’s a reason why better funded and high-achievement-heavy schools have kids performing and producing so much creative output all while still working within the confines of the state and national curricula.

It’s not schools “killing creativity” it’s trying to catch up to the National and state standards when 9/10s of parents never taught their kids to read or basic mathematics, only 22 out of 500 come to parent teach conferences, you’ve got a 60% attendance rate, and four years of jaded teachers have left the students woefully behind.

I taught last year at the “worst” school in my city, trust me, even as a Black male teacher with Black assistant principal and principal, as well as Black female co-principals and teachers, relating is only a part of it.
The only way to even remotely bring a solution to educational disparities in the US are to solve the economic and racial disparities.

I really dont care about school standards. They're only important if your trying to create a class of obedient workers.

What I'm saying is similar to how, in Europe, star athletes are taken from general classes and put in boarding schools with other elite athletes.

I'm talking about doing that for kids gifted in all areas.

If a kid is naturally gifted at mechanical engineering, get him tearing apart motors as early as possible so he can hone and improve his craft. Maybe he gets together with other kids who are gifted in that field and they improve on the standard gas engine. By the time hes 30 hes created an engine that gets 100 plus miles to the gallon.

What he doesn't need is to be stuck in a classroom listening to a limp wristed pansy or some teacher who barely passed college trying to "educate" him on social matters he doesn't care about or taking classes irrelevant to his future. That's the reason boys are abandoning education. Its boring and it really stifles creativity and talent.

But, judging by your post history, I can tell you want schools to remain indoctrination centers to push your social agenda and if boys fall to the wayside then so be it. So I'm really not going to continue to converse with you on this matter.