SPIN: How Can The School System Be FIXED In The U.S.? (MORE BLACK MALE TEACHERS?)

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I really dont care about school standards. They're only important if your trying to create a class of obedient workers.

What I'm saying is similar to how, in Europe, star athletes are taken from general classes and put in boarding schools with other elite athletes.

I'm talking about doing that for kids gifted in all areas.

If a kid is naturally gifted at mechanical engineering, get him tearing apart motors as early as possible so he can hone and improve his craft. Maybe he gets together with other kids who are gifted in that field and they improve on the standard gas engine. By the time hes 30 hes created an engine that gets 100 plus miles to the gallon.

What he doesn't need is to be stuck in a classroom listening to a limp wristed pansy or some teacher who barely passed college trying to "educate" him on social matters he doesn't care about or taking classes irrelevant to his future. That's the reason boys are abandoning education. Its boring and it really stifles creativity and talent.

But, judging by your post history, I can tell you want schools to remain indoctrination centers to push your social agenda and if boys fall to the wayside then so be it. So I'm really not going to continue to converse with you on this matter.
If you don’t see an issue with siloing kids off into what they’re good at, this wasn’t going to be a productive discussion anyway.

I’ve actually taught in the worst of the worst schools, have experience working to get poor students to achieve, and also was in the same schools as a youth, your ideal for running an education system is harebrained.

And if you think it’s content, and not social and economic factors, that make male students have a higher drop-out rate than female students, you’re even more of a fool than I thought.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The schools are no bueno. Just secured my daughter’s spot in a private school. I refuse to put her in public. Did my research and I know this wiill work for us as the best alternative. They already have summer reading assignments due on the first day. Homeschooling is not an option bc of my work schedule. Thankfully this private school is 70% Black, it’s diverse, all teachers have masters degrees. It’s diversity not something like The Choate School - :mjpls:
It will be all good until I see that 26,000 tuition bill :huhldup::to::mjcry:
What city are you in if you don’t mind me asking?
Out here in Cleveland, nearly all of the surrounding suburbs have great public and private schools (the city itself has incredibly strong magnet schools), and most have a solid number of Black students, with the magnets being vastly majority Black.

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
Aside from the obvious PAWGs putting blk children in the school to prison pipeline b/c she has no classroom management...

Here are other issues that need to be addressed

1.) Unengaging curriculum
2.) Gratuitous testing. Your average k-12 child will encounter a minimum of 38 standardized tests across all content areas, and that doesn't include individual class tests and quizzes.
3.) No textbooks. No unit planning. Just worksheets and kill and drill assignments.
4.) No field trips. Barely any recess. No authentic learning experiences.
5.) No social skills training or lessons.
6.) Arts are severely undermined even tho that's the main reason kids used to actually participate.
7.) Communicate with parents only when something is wrong. No recognition of kids' achievements or improvements.
8.) Fire experienced teachers b/c u gotta pay them more. Hire Teach for America and yearly contract teachers with little experience.
9.) No culturally relevant curriculum.
10.) Students sit 5 days a week, 8 hours a day and listen to someone drone on and on about nothing. They hate school.
11.) No vocational training, no hands-on activities, no special projects, no interdisciplinary connections, no opportunities to present, no science fairs or book fairs, no clubs, no student council, no debate team, no chess club, no peer mediation, college tours, no financial literacy...
12.) No schoolwide behavior system.
13.) Teachers aren't trained in positive behavior support
14.) And yeah more blk male and female teachers are needed.

Students hate it and drop out as soon as they can. You can be the best parent in the world and not be able to change these factors. The issues are systemic.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
What city are you in if you don’t mind me asking?
Out here in Cleveland, nearly all of the surrounding suburbs have great public and private schools (the city itself has incredibly strong magnet schools), and most have a solid number of Black students, with the magnets being vastly majority Black.
I live in a large metro area on the east coast. It’s a nice neighborhood but the schools are not top rate. The subdividivision where I live was recently built - guess they called themselves redeveloping the land but they failed to take into account the school systems need inprovements as well. I don’t understand how a place can have 300k to multi million dollar homes but the schools have such low rankings and minimums as far as achievement. (It’s not pg cty, md, where someone explained to me that it was a tax issue) this Is a diverse area- even mix of all races. The preschool /lower grade schools are decent but at upper elem/middle schools, tragic, bad scores and minimum achievement. Then at the high school level they seem to be top rated. Weird to me.

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Aside from the obvious PAWGs putting blk children in the school to prison pipeline b/c she has no classroom management...

Here are other issues that need to be addressed

1.) Unengaging curriculum
2.) Gratuitous testing. Your average k-12 child will encounter a minimum of 38 standardized tests across all content areas, and that doesn't include individual class tests and quizzes.
3.) No textbooks. No unit planning. Just worksheets and kill and drill assignments.
4.) No field trips. Barely any recess. No authentic learning experiences.
5.) No social skills training or lessons.
6.) Arts are severely undermined even tho that's the main reason kids used to actually participate.
7.) Communicate with parents only when something is wrong. No recognition of kids' achievements or improvements.
8.) Fire experienced teachers b/c u gotta pay them more. Hire Teach for America and yearly contract teachers with little experience.
9.) No culturally relevant curriculum.
10.) Students sit 5 days a week, 8 hours a day and listen to someone drone on and on about nothing. They hate school.
11.) No vocational training, no hands-on activities, no special projects, no interdisciplinary connections, no opportunities to present, no science fairs or book fairs, no clubs, no student council, no debate team, no chess club, no peer mediation, college tours, no financial literacy...
12.) No schoolwide behavior system.
13.) Teachers aren't trained in positive behavior support
14.) And yeah more blk male and female teachers are needed.

Students hate it and drop out as soon as they can. You can be the best parent in the world and not be able to change these factors. The issues are systemic.
I agree and that's dangerous for our children. I'm currently reading a middle school teacher ama thread on here. shyt scares me for the future with the next generation.