Steve Clifford on Hornets' Struggles: 'Our Problem Is That We're Undertalented'

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
shyt like this is why its impossible to actually dislike Cliff.

Orlando been worse for longer and that team ain't going anywhere :mjlol: the teams most likely to move in the NBA are on top of their conference right now too(OKC/MIN).

Both stadiums in Charlotte got new additions because they're making more money than ever despite the w/l columns.
it's a lot of teams in the league that need to be moved but will most likely never move.

I guess, my question is, what's the longterm plan for the hornets? The franchise has been directionless for so long. And do you trust the current management to navigate a rebuild to competitiveness?

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
He’s throwing the GM under the bus; saying it’s not me, fire him.
The GM went into the season with no backup PG. Signed the last dude available who legit cannot run point - then when he got hurt *never released him to get the roster spot back* and instead picked up a guy who was literally only in the state to retire.

Mitch knows he's under the bus and will be on the same bus out as Cliff.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
says the guy that rolls out ish smith and frank ntilikina at the same time :mjlol:

Unseirous franchise. He's talented but I question whether a team with LaMelo as the cornerstone can win. They need to move the team and start from scratch or something.

Aye this could happen maybe

Is the hornets really supported like that?

The city would get behind the team if they would just put out a decent product, especially with the fukkery with the Panthers right now. Apathy sets in with the fan base because they either make the obvious wrong move, or some how Silver and the league screws us over. Shyt, we’re so down bad, we’d probably throw them a parade if they won a first round series. But every town hall meeting, Mitch Kupchak likes to reiterate that this is a small market team and doesn’t have the same resources that the Knicks, Lakers and other big market teams as if Milwaukee and Memphis doesn’t have the same issues :francis:

They should move the team then. Cuz these dudes suck year in and year out

shyt like this is why its impossible to actually dislike Cliff.

Orlando been worse for longer and that team ain't going anywhere :mjlol: the teams most likely to move in the NBA are on top of their conference right now too(OKC/MIN).

Both stadiums in Charlotte got new additions because they're making more money than ever despite the w/l columns.
Response to everyone: move the Hornets to Raleigh...

I'm gonna sound like a prophet if one of the MLB expansion squads lands in Raleigh in a few years...

Charlotte is apathetic to the Hornets because Charlotte is a football city. I lived there, yall live there, yall know I'm right. The city isn't apathetic about the Panthers. The contrast in the way Charlotteans talk about the two teams is wide...

Raleigh is a basketball city that has found a quarter century of success supporting a hockey squad, but to the roots everyone knows this is a basketball city. A move to Raleigh would re-energize the brand, which isn't much to start with, and there would just be way more support here. People love basketball, and it would create an organic urgency to develop a competitive franchise here...

This is a long shot of course, but yall know I'm right. And it'll have real momentum if the MLB comes here, mf's gonna act like they should've seen it all along...

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Not gonna front, this is the absolute worst thing you could say as a coach at any level in sports. Locker room is permanently lost.

They gotta also clean up that franchise and start over completely. The culture in Charlotte is fukked up, miles bridges and kai jones has made that organization a laughing stock, and lamelo plays well but I think he's been overexposed to fukkery, hard to see him leading a deep run as the face of that franchise. Get rid of everybody, including melo.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Not gonna front, this is the absolute worst thing you could say as a coach at any level in sports. Locker room is permanently lost.

They gotta also clean up that franchise and start over completely. The culture in Charlotte is fukked up, miles bridges and kai jones has made that organization a laughing stock, and lamelo plays well but I think he's been overexposed to fukkery, hard to see him leading a deep run as the face of that franchise. Get rid of everybody, including melo.
Melo's thing is staying healthy. They keep him and Miller and build around them. Mark Williams was showing flashes too, but again, he's hurt.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps

It’s the truth. They have the worse depth in the league

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
There’s a reason why they’re The Hornets again after that Bobcats fiasco :mjlol: It would be a big deal if anybody tried to take the Hornets again.
Bruh maybe 10% of Charlotteans are diehard Hornets heads. There's a bunch of casual fans who lightweight follow them, but most Charlotteans wouldn't be tore up to see them go again...

Maybe the new ownership can save them. But honestly it's just a bad combo of ownership, management, talent, and not the optimal market for pro basketball. The Hornets peak popularity was pre-Panthers, and then maybe the first half-decade of Panthers existence......maybe. They were the first major league team in Charlotte so there's nostalgia for em, and they were the only show in town for 8 years, and the biggest in town for about a dozen years. But once the Panthers really settled in, the Hornets left, and they've never been able to meet the popularity and fandom of the Panthers since. They had a 14-year run as Charlotte's team. It's been 22 years since they left the first time, a longer period of time than their peak popularity era...

Mf's in Charlotte would not miss these mf's like that. I've lived in Charlotte, then I've lived un Memphis and I'm from Sacramento. Both Memphis and Sacramento have had a LOT of bad years------>but they are basketball cities. The contrast is easily apparent when you know these cities. Charlotte is probably my favorite CITY of the group, but it is not the right place for professional basketball when compared to other basketball towns...

nikkas will not miss these nikkas like that 🤣 😂

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Bruh maybe 10% of Charlotteans are diehard Hornets heads. There's a bunch of casual fans who lightweight follow them, but most Charlotteans wouldn't be tore up to see them go again...

Maybe the new ownership can save them. But honestly it's just a bad combo of ownership, management, talent, and not the optimal market for pro basketball. The Hornets peak popularity was pre-Panthers, and then maybe the first half-decade of Panthers existence......maybe. They were the first major league team in Charlotte so there's nostalgia for em, and they were the only show in town for 8 years, and the biggest in town for about a dozen years. But once the Panthers really settled in, the Hornets left, and they've never been able to meet the popularity and fandom of the Panthers since. They had a 14-year run as Charlotte's team. It's been 22 years since they left the first time, a longer period of time than their peak popularity era...

Mf's in Charlotte would not miss these mf's like that. I've lived in Charlotte, then I've lived un Memphis and I'm from Sacramento. Both Memphis and Sacramento have had a LOT of bad years------>but they are basketball cities. The contrast is easily apparent when you know these cities. Charlotte is probably my favorite CITY of the group, but it is not the right place for professional basketball when compared to other basketball towns...

nikkas will not miss these nikkas like that 🤣 😂
Nah. I think it’s one of those taking your team for granted type of things. Like of Tepper seriously was to announce that he’s getting The Panthers out of here all hell would break loose. There’s a lot of transplants here now so maybe they wouldn’t care but I’m sure people would be upset if the team left again. The Hornets haven’t been good in awhile, they haven’t been consistently good at all since I’ve lived here. All they have to do is win and people will be on board. I know my bruhs remember 2015-16 when The Panthers were killing it and The Hornets last made the playoffs. It was lit AF here. You can’t ask people to buy in when all the damn teams sorry lol. Moving a team to a new city won’t mean shyt if they’re just sorry :russ: