Steve Harvey: "Ladies if you're talking to an atheist walk away"

Drake is God

Sweeterman
Daps
Reppin
Calabasas
Faith, hope, love, morals,values,beliefs, understanding...etc

I said it already I have faith in myself. I pray to myself for myself.

Morals don't come from "God'. it's called human decency.

Love doesn't come from "God".

Also to believe in a higher power you have to accept that something is greater than you.. and I am second to none.

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
Christianity/Islam the antithesis of change and progress?

This is the stupidest most asinine statement I have ever read.

Christianity and Islam have contributed more to the advancement of Humanity than any other catalyst.

Advancements in the arts, sciences, mathematics, philosophy, technology all came from Christianity and Islam.

Everything you have is thanks to the modern world being built from Christianity and Islam.

But it's the antithesis for change?

Buddhism maybe. :ehh:

Christianity and Islam?

FOH :russ:

How exactly is religion in itself, at it's core, the cause of invention?

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You are not a higher power.
What do atheist believe then?
Other than science?
:russ: The way you completely dismiss science as if it's no big deal and hasn't contributed to virtually every major breakthrough that has benefitted mankind. Of course. Besides THAT, what else is there to put your faith into?
What else should people have faith in, besides the scientific system that questions and re-questions itself until all answers lead to the same results that ultimately become fact.

Well, maybe love.

But good lord, the arrogance of your question is just staggering.

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
How exactly is religion in itself, at it's core, the cause of invention?

I'm not talking about religion in general (I acknowledged Buddhism as the antithesis for change) and neither were you.

Religion is not the cause of invention I never said that.

You said Christianity and Islam are the antithesis of change/progress.

Do you realize how stupid that statement sounds?

Christianity/Islam can either help promote invention and progress or stop it in it's tracks.

Now you could argue that they are currently opposing social progress/change in terms of politics, then I would agree.

But to say Christianity and Islam are the antithesis of change and progress is a disgusting statement.

BeeCityRoller

New Bee
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queen City
I was raised as a Christian but now I feel especially in recent years where America is becoming more progressive, its become the default convenience religion and many people claim it just so they don't get weird looks. Everyone says they are Christian even though many people break the commandments on the regular basis. Besides seeing someone go to church on Sunday or randomly mentioning Jesus in a conversation, I'd be hard pressed to distinguish a Christian from an Atheist.

Between the bible which is full of contradictions, and action I see from people who are looked at as model Christians I see the religion (and others) as convoluted. So I can't co-sign Christianity any more than I would any other religion. Steve Harvey keeps talking about this moral barometer but won't ever explain exactly where Christians are succeeding where Atheists, Agonistics, and/or Non-Christians are failing, because they are committing the same sins as everyone else.

Last edited:

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Atheist opinion =:trash:

Faith, hope, love, morals,values,beliefs, understanding...etc

So what does beliving in God have to do with having morals? Atheists can't love and have hope or values?

You need an ancient book to tell you it's wrong to kill? Damn you Christians are mindless sheep. :pachaha:

Isn't there a thread on the first page of one of the biggest preachers in the world having sexual relationships with 17 year old boys? Are these the morals that you speak of? :huhldup:

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
I'm not talking about religion in general (I acknowledged Buddhism as the antithesis for change) and neither were you.

Religion is not the cause of invention I never said that.

You said Christianity and Islam are the antithesis of change/progress.

Do you realize how stupid that statement sounds?

Christianity/Islam can either help promote invention and progress or stop it in it's tracks.

Now you could argue that they are currently opposing social progress/change in terms of politics, then I would agree.

But to say Christianity and Islam are the antithesis of change and progress is a disgusting statement.

Main tenants of both religions is obedience and submission, and anybody who opposes it is/was threatened and permitted to be put to death. This type of think has been used to stifle science, astrology, social behaviors and free-thinking

People fight for a seperation of church and state for a reason; It's poisonous and it's destructive at it's core

I bet that tune would change if toddlers were getting stoned in the streets of America for acting up in the grocery store :mjpls:

I don't know how anyone can sit in a church or mosque and feel comfortable being fed from books that condone these things and live in qamodern world :smh:

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
we supposed to listen to a nikka that wore a :flabbynsick: wig for years and tried to pass it off as the crispest haircut of all time?
this nikka son :mjlol:
steve-harvey1.jpg

jamie foxx pushed this :flabbynsick: nikka's dome to bolivia for this :mjlol: