Taking Kids on Vacation is the fukkING WORST

Human Torch

Byrd Gang 🦅
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly born. PG raised
Did the same thing right after Xmas for my daughter bday. Luckily the park has reduced capacity so it wasn’t as bad as I thought but yea it’s definitely not really “vacation”

Brought the grandparents with us and these muthafukkas had more plans than me and my girl. nikkas meeting up with friends and going on dates and shyt :russ:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
…and nikkas think I wanna put up with this shyt (figuratively and literally) in my 50s :huhldup:

Towlie

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm the road trip king. Got 3 kids 5 and under (just had a newborn, but she hasn't been on a trip yet)

Leave at night so the kids sleep
We also bring a potty training toilet for kids to go in if we don't stop at a big rest stop
Bring plenty of snacks

In a 7 hour drive we only stop once and that's primarily for gas

RhodyRum

Mark Gassed-A-Heaux
Daps
Reppin
The Great Green North
We just spent 4 days in Orlando, Florida to go to Disney World and Universal Studios. Me, my wife and 2 boys, a 3 year old and 2 year old. We were there with some other family members staying at a resort for my grandmas 75 bday.

Its a 6 hr drive from my city in Alabama to Orlando but that shyt really took 7hrs and 30mins because of my kids. This was our 1st family vacation. We had to stop for food 3 times so that's not bad because I brought a cooler with snacks, juices n shyt. But having to stop every other hour so my 3 year old can pee/booboo and then having to change my 2 year old. I hated stopping at these nasty ass gas stations to use they bathrooms. :scust:
Almost would rather my 3 year old go in his pullup and keep it moving than go in those bathrooms.

My kids obviously weren't used to being in the car that long so I understand but I did not think it would be THAT bad. They had tablets to keep em entertained but that only lasted so long. 4 hours into the trip, my 4 year old got car sickness and vomited all over himself and carseat so I had to get off one of these obscure exits and clean him up and change his clothes. Luckily the last hour of the trip, they went to sleep.

Then we got to disney world nikka. Damn near blew through half a grand just for parking, a double stroller, souvenirs, water and food. And that's on top of me sneaking my own shyt into the park to eat and drink . $12 for a bottle of water.

:gucci:

That shyt adds up quick. All the bathroom trips. They were getting mad and whining all the time when they couldnt get every toy they wanted. Scared of all the disney characters in costume. Screaming when it was time to leave. Plus the fukking heat was unbearable.

Universal studios was the same thing. So much money nikka got damn. Had to use my credit card for the remainder of the trip. A nikka gotta bring damn near 2 gs just to adequately pay for all that shyt plus gas.

We left at 6 this morning and once again on the trip back, my 4 year old vomited 2 different times. Had to pull over and clean him up two different times. Had no idea my guy gets severe motion sickness. Then trying to feed these nikkas while on the road, hoping they can feed themselves without fukking my seats up. My backseats are fukked up with crumbs and vomit. Once we hit Georgia, it was damn near 2pm and we ran into standstill traffic.

:unimpressed:

My 2 year old shytted his pullup and we had to wait thru all that traffic till we could hit a gas station. The entire car was stank with toddler feces.

It was the absolute worse experience. I told my grandma that I appreciate her inviting us down and we definitely had fun but we won't be taking any extended vacations for another 3 years; at least until my boys need minimal supervision for their basic needs: bathroom, food, etc.

But them damn turkey legs :ohlawd:

I completely understand but just remember frustration is a fleeting emotion. 15-20 years from now when those kids become selfless adults your old ass is gonna get hit with a "Thank you for the times you took us on vacation and the family moments they created." when you least expect it.

You'll probably forget all about this thread by then but their "thank you" will make the memory resurface, and you'll just look back to the guy you are today and just chuckle to yourself about how much it was worth it.

It's funny how life works out like that sometimes. I just hope life writes that "down the road" episode of your life 100 times better than I just did.

Keep it tight :obama:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
I completely understand but just remember frustration is a fleeting emotion. 15-20 years from now when those kids become selfless adults you're gonna get hit with a "Thank you for the times you took us on vacation and the family moments they created." when you least expect it.

You'll probably forget all about this thread by then but their "thank you" will make the memory resurface, and you'll just look back to the guy you are today and just chuckle to yourself about how much it was worth it.

It's funny how life works out like that sometimes. I just hope life writes that "down the road" episode of your life 100 times better than I just did.

:mjcry:You got me crying here

Daps
Nah you just didn’t plan it right and your kids are too young.

I love taking my babies on vacation.

That’s memories you as a family will never forget. I clearly remember the 1st time my daughter saw the ocean. Or when she went on the Avatar ride at disney.

Harry Sax

Formally mr 321
Daps
Me my girl and son flew to nj…drove from nj to la…to lv..flew back to nj…and drove back to fla from nj

2 years old and he rode like a soulja:wow:

Except the flight there, he was showing his ass…pulling the white girls hair in front of him…and we lost his favorite blanket on that plane

Hathaway

Someday, We'll All Be Free
Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
I completely understand but just remember frustration is a fleeting emotion. 15-20 years from now when those kids become selfless adults your old ass is gonna get hit with a "Thank you for the times you took us on vacation and the family moments they created." when you least expect it.

RhodyRum

Mark Gassed-A-Heaux
Daps
Reppin
The Great Green North
:mjcry:You got me crying here

Never had kids of my own and don't plan to, but I am a son and I have worked with many parents regarding their kids education. The saying goes that it takes a village to raise a child. Nah, it takes a village to raise each other. Dropping a little bit of honest positivity and perspective when a fellow adult loses sight of the big picture is one of the least energy consuming (dispenser) yet energy boosting (recipient) things we can do for each other.

And with kids, sometimes losing sight of the big picture happens to EVERY parent. It's only natural, as is helping someone to zoom back out on that canvas that is life.