The Coli's own @Stacker Pentercost: Should Black Children Be Bilingual?

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
Children learn languages the fastest of every age group because their brain is so plastic. They learn that shyt so quick.

You already know I'll teach several languages to my children from the jump.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
I'd rather my child be proficient in maths English science and IT before any second language
This. Rep.
Right on point - English, Math, Reading and Science to Technology. Let children master subjects where there is an under representation in order to gain proficiency and supplement learning in an already inadequate educational system for their own needs and intellectual development, first.

Last edited:

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
Wasting time on learning a language when they could be working on the basics or some sport. If they wanna learn later in life good for then but as a kid get the foundations first

And what other languages are people gonna suggest lemme guess Spanish :comeon:
"Wasting time" :mjlol: thanks for playing breh

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Wasting time on learning a language when they could be working on the basics or some sport. If they wanna learn later in life good for then but as a kid get the foundations first

Facts. Real easy to say about foreign language when most children and teenagers to young adults know nothing about Finance, Investing or Money Management . They’re not taught fiscal responsibility or how to establish a savings, balancing accounts,etc. So we teach them a foreign language then what? When they aren’t equipped with the knowledge to get to the level they need to be in bc people in certain communities are on survival mode. All that immersion learning requires funding and additional income. Also, time and preparation. I rather my child be regularly immersed in a specialty that will lead them to become an expert in a field or subject for career /academia.

ATownD19

The Black King You Love To Hate
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Universe
Spanish is a necessity. Especially with so many of our people across the diaspora who don't speak a lick of English.

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
Facts. Real easy to say about foreign language when most children and teenagers to young adults know nothing about Finance, Investing or Money Management . They’re not taught fiscal responsibility or how to establish a savings, balancing accounts,etc. So we teach them a foreign language then what? When they aren’t equipped with the knowledge to get to the level they need to be in bc people in certain communities are on survival mode. All that immersion learning requires funding and additional income. Also, time and preparation. I rather my child be regularly immersed in a specialty that will lead them to become an expert in a field or subject for career /academia.
What if I told you... learning a second language could help you apply finance, investing, and money management in the real world? :dwillhuh:

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps

How much time did it take you to learn english?