The Coli's own @Stacker Pentercost: Should Black Children Be Bilingual?

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Why can't it be both :what:
You seem to have all the answers- enlighten us.
:jbhmm:
What’s your plan of action and implementation? Come up with a proposal on the specifics then post the details or is feigning outrage and dissension on the coli in the form of threads as far as you can go with this
:stopitslime::leostare:

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
You seem to have all the answers- enlighten us.
:jbhmm:
What’s your plan of action and implementation? Come up with a proposal on the specifics then post the details or is feigning outrage and dissension on the coli in the form of threads as far as you can go with this
:stopitslime::leostare:
First of all, that wasn't an answer, it was a question :what:

Second of all... Like I ASKED, why can't it be both?

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
My kids are already bilingual and are learning math and finance at an advanced rate.

I guess it's just harder for some kids more than others

:yeshrug:

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
What if I told you... learning a second language could help you apply finance, investing, and money management in the real world? :dwillhuh:
How can this apply when kids are not taught these subjects in school as part of the daily curriculum from grade k - 12 and there is an an under representation in STEM- science, math, technology foundational programs. There is also a need to address attention deficits in children so they are reading and learning for engagement in the first place
:gucci::unimpressed:

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
Stumbled across this video just now and i definitely found it to be an interesting topic. Thoughts?

This is that "My child is gifted" mentality a lot of mothers have with their kids.

Sending you kids to Immersion Schools can set them so far back it's scary.

If you want to introduce them to a new language, private tutoring is the way. IMO

Marzupial

Banned
Daps
Im bilingual and its a good thing to have but I dont think it should be required in an ENGLISH speaking country.
I disagree

Most companies in this global world deal with costumers from all over the world

Let's say you can fluently speak French, German and Spanish, you can easily get a job in one of those companies even without a degree

Barlow

He,Him,Nigguh
Daps
SHOULD they be? No

Can’t say people should be bilingual when people come here and don’t even need to know English, yet our kids have to accommodate them