The Kawhi Clippers Era has been one of the biggest letdowns in NBA history...

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Of course they are? Come on! We predicted Bron would be a MVP candidate, Wemby is on that projection. Denver got rid of Nukic so they could focus on Jokic's development but they had no ideal he would turn into a MVP. Folks said Melo Ball was the better prospect than Edwards during their rookie season, but now Edwards is on tract to maybe be the face of the league someday soon. I'm a PG guy anyways cause he went to Fresno State so I'm not really ripping these guys. It front office head scratchers started way before that anyways. They never put anything around Blake, CP3, and DJ, could've came out of the draft with SGA and MPJ but picked Jerome Robinson over MPJ and he's been out of the league for several years now. It is what it is.
Those were considered generational players at the time and #1 picks, so they shouldn't even be mentioned in this conversation.

Nurkic wanted out of Denver. They didn't willingly make that move on their own.

Ant was completely ass the first half of his rookie season and why he technically ended up losing ROY even with that 2nd half performance.

MPJ was medically red flagged and the only reason Denver even made that pick was because they didn't need him at the time and could afford to let him sit the year.

The point of the matter is that it's all revisionist history as the Clippers would still make that move again at the time because they didn't know what SGA would become.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
This is still revisionist history. What’s a “star player”? The Paul George he plays with? The Siakim he left? It seems like you’re alluding to everybody knowing SGA being a star player which is bullshyt

I remember The Lakers saying THT was untouchable and look what he turned into :why:

Not even SGA’s mother knew man so everything else is bullshyt
Rookie SGA was our starting point guard in the playoffs against the Curry-Durant Warriors. If you didn't see the star potential that's on you. You talkin' like I'm a part of the front office or something. I'm just a fan of the team breh, you know this. In the end, I roll with whatever they roll out. period. I still supported 213 like it was the next best thing to sliced bread. I was at games 2 & 5 against the Mavs, both losses. Ain't no revisionist sh*t with me!

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
I know right? Better to open it so people can pay to see your best player sit on the bench :pachaha:

Yea I dont know why they keep bringing up the new arena as a reason to extend him....The arena was gonna be built anyway...compounding the issue by paying a hologram 150 million does nothing

I now wanna see if they gonna pay Harden too :russ: :russ:

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6
Kawhi Leonard, specifically, has been one of the biggest letdowns as an athlete in NBA history. Dude is the poster child for everything people complain about with the modern NBA player. From Load Management, to "injuries :duck:", to forcing that BS Paul George trade where the Clippers gave up SGA and FIVE DRAFT PICKS :what:. If LeBron did some nonsense like this, the haters would go insane. Say what you want about Bron, but he at least won a title with the Lakers and brought them back to relevancy. Only thing Kawhi known for in LA is "injuries" and blowing a 3-1 lead in the bubble to Jamal Murray and the Nuggets :mjlol:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LA

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
Thread a wild exaggeration btw

Clippers have had the 4th best record in the nba since signing kahwi. Went to the wcf & have been a consistent team despite being ravaged by injuries to their stars .compared to the pre cp3 era clippers that’s success

Groupie just mad kahwi didn’t want to be lesuperteam lapdog like ad so he can enhance homie legacy

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikkas was really calling dude MJ on the strength of a fadeaway and 3 Finals games and a serendipitous ass playoff run :mjlol:

The worst part is that the injuries arent a surprise. It aint like with G. Hill where shyt just went left. He was brought in with the understanding that he would be a part time player. And even with that he watched the season end 3 straight years before pushing it this year to make sure he got his money and then not being there when needed most again.

Homey straight ruined a franchise with promise and options and cashed out again to do more of the same:keepgettinthemchecks: And still KD makes him look like an amateur as he's on franchise number 2 :mjlol:.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Those were considered generational players at the time and #1 picks, so they shouldn't even be mentioned in this conversation.

Nurkic wanted out of Denver. They didn't willingly make that move on their own.

Ant was completely ass the first half of his rookie season and why he technically ended up losing ROY even with that 2nd half performance.

MPJ was medically red flagged and the only reason Denver even made that pick was because they didn't need him at the time and could afford to let him sit the year.

The point of the matter is that it's all revisionist history as the Clippers would still make that move again at the time because they didn't know what SGA would become.
Exactly, that's my point. Of course those guys are generational talents. I only said "star potential" when it came to SGA during his rookie year. And it was our Clipper team medical report that got around to other GM's that tanked MPJ's draft stock. I still supported and ran with the 213 teams heavily. See my previous post.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Of course nobody saw a MVP in the guy but we all definitely saw a future star player without question. What it also is is that he was supposed to be a "Clipper"- A guy we drafted. Blake was one of those guys. DJ, Mann is one of those guys although he's not a star player. That's what it really is.

I'm not doing a revisionist history or on some hindsight 20/20 sh*t. But the team with rookie SGA, Lou Will, Trez, etc that took the super stacked Warriors squad to six games in the playoffs was so ahead of the curve as far as having a bright future. That's was pure facts at the time. A lot of my Laker friends around town even told me they liked how that team played and fought. It's not just that Kawhi misses the playoffs, he doesn't talk and doesn't promote the team and it's brand at all. And he got extended. It's such a off and weird situation all around.

That team was fun 100% and Shai definitely flashed potential that rookie year. But not this good

I think every team in the league makes that trade the summer of 2019 to team up Kawhi & PG

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Clippers have had the 4th best record in the nba since signing kahwi. Went to the wcf & have been a consistent team despite being ravaged by injuries to their stars .compared to the pre cp3 era clippers that’s success

Groupie just mad kahwi didn’t want to be lesuperteam lapdog like ad so he can enhance homie legacy
The CP3 squad are known as underachievers despite consistently having a good record and injuries. And nobody ever suggested that they had Mike and Scottie on their team or were gonna take over the league. This is an all time letdown. Only saving grace is the BS KD has pulled.

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
The CP3 squad are known as underachievers despite consistently having a good record and injuries. And nobody ever suggested that they had Mike and Scottie on their team or were gonna take over the league. This is an all time letdown. Only saving grace is the BS KD has pulled.

More wild exaggerating. The clippers pre cp3 were TRASH . Literally the laughingstock of the nba for decades

Made the playoffs twice in 20 years , the suns just got swept with 3 starters making 150 mil that’s an all time flop. Clippers can be a treadmill team never winning shyt & that’s still better than their old days

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
This is still revisionist history. What’s a “star player”? The Paul George he plays with? The Siakim he left? It seems like you’re alluding to everybody knowing SGA being a star player which is bullshyt

I remember The Lakers saying THT was untouchable and look what he turned into :why:

Not even SGA’s mother knew man so everything else is bullshyt
You were the biggest Kawhi Stan on here. What's your evaluation of his Clippers era?
Rookie SGA was our starting point guard in the playoffs against the Curry-Durant Warriors. If you didn't see the star potential that's on you. You talkin' like I'm a part of the front office or something. I'm just a fan of the team breh, you know this. In the end, I roll with whatever they roll out. period. I still supported 213 like it was the next best thing to sliced bread. I was at games 2 & 5 against the Mavs, both losses. Ain't no revisionist sh*t with me!
You definitely rode hard for this team 🤣...

Speaking of exaggerations, go find the post where I rode for Kawhi to be a Laker. I don't and never cared about that angle. Some of you nikkas and your generalities 🤣...

Clippers going to a WCF is a big deal because they'd never been to one previously. But it's one in 5 years, which belies having the 4th best record and is an underachievement to what was expected when those guys got here in 2019. CP3 Clips were better for longer...

You don't gotta play dumb...

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Orchestrated and demanded the trade for another star (PG) instead of simply signing and playing with SGA, and promptly missed four post seasons in a row. Not a leader, doesn't promote or has elevated the team brand at all and got an extension on top of it all. Unbelievable :snoop:
They have his medicals

Isnt his knee bone on bone at this point?