The Kawhi Clippers Era has been one of the biggest letdowns in NBA history...

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Teams need to build through the draft man.

If they want something legit legit, tank for the ballers and ave your scouts do their homework.

It's not foolproof, but it's probably the most stable once you build a core.

Both LA teams have got away from that and it's honestly tanked the basketball interest in this city and has made both teams targets of criticism more than anything.

I'd love for both of these teams to nuke everything and have a chance at the big players coming up Koa Peat (my favorite), Cooper Flagg, Cameron Boozer, AJ Dybantsa, etc.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Teams need to build through the draft man.

If they want something legit legit, tank for the ballers and ave your scouts do their homework.

It's not foolproof, but it's probably the most stable once you build a core.

Both LA teams have got away from that and it's honestly tanked the basketball interest in this city and has made both teams targets of criticism more than anything.

I'd love for both of these teams to nuke everything and have a chance at the big players coming up Koa Peat (my favorite), Cooper Flagg, Cameron Boozer, AJ Dybantsa, etc.
With what assets considering that OKC and the Hornets control their picks for the forseeable future?

Mike18jj

Veteran
Daps
All the clippers need to thank Drake and Kendrick for distracting everybody last night. The slander on social media is at a minimum because of the records. PG and Harden are some of the biggest scam artists in league history. Kawhi takes an early vacation every playoffs, I applaud them for how they steal money.

Last edited:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Hindsight is 20/20

I don’t even think OKC thought Shai would become an MVP level player

It didn’t work out but it was a shot worth taking
Of course nobody saw a MVP in the guy but we all definitely saw a future star player without question. What it also is is that he was supposed to be a "Clipper"- A guy we drafted. Blake was one of those guys. DJ, Mann is one of those guys although he's not a star player. That's what it really is.

I'm not doing a revisionist history or on some hindsight 20/20 sh*t. But the team with rookie SGA, Lou Will, Trez, etc that took the super stacked Warriors squad to six games in the playoffs was so ahead of the curve as far as having a bright future. That's was pure facts at the time. A lot of my Laker friends around town even told me they liked how that team played and fought. It's not just that Kawhi misses the playoffs, he doesn't talk and doesn't promote the team and it's brand at all. And he got extended. It's such a off and weird situation all around.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Of course nobody saw a MVP in the guy but we all definitely saw a future star player without question. What it also is is that he was supposed to be a "Clipper"- A guy we drafted. Blake was one of those guys. DJ, Mann is one of those guys although he's not a star player. That's what it really is.

I'm not doing a revisionist history or on some hindsight 20/20 sh*t. But the team with rookie SGA, Lou Will, Trez, etc that took the super stacked Warriors squad to six games in the playoffs was so ahead of the curve as far as having a bright future. That's was pure facts at the time. A lot of my Laker friends around town even told me they liked how that team played and fought. It's not just that Kawhi misses the playoffs, he doesn't talk and doesn't promote the team and its brand at all. And he got extended. It's such an off and weird situation all around.
Star player and MVP are too different things.

Let’s not forget that PG finished 3rd in MVP voting that last season in OKC so it was definitely thought that the Clippers were getting the better long term player.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps

Let’s not forget that PG finished 3rd in MVP voting that last season in OKC so it was definitely thought that the Clippers were getting the better long term player.
Paul George was definitely thought of as the better player at the time. But it wasn't exactly for the long term. Remember Paul was about to turn 30 and back then that's when players typically started to fall off.

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Cursed franchise signing injury prone players. It never works well.

Those kind of guys can coast through regular season, putting up nice stats. Soon as the playoffs start and teams play harder, their body breaks down immediately. Same thing happened to Zion, same thing happened to Kristaps who's out again for probably a couple of weeks.

Daps

I'm not doing a revisionist history or on some hindsight 20/20 sh*t. But the team with rookie SGA, Lou Will, Trez, etc that took the super stacked Warriors squad to six games in the playoffs was so ahead of the curve as far as having a bright future. That's was pure facts at the time. A lot of my Laker friends around town even told me they liked how that team played and fought. It's not just that Kawhi misses the playoffs, he doesn't talk and doesn't promote the team and it's brand at all. And he got extended. It's such a off and weird situation all around.

This is still revisionist history. What’s a “star player”? The Paul George he plays with? The Siakim he left? It seems like you’re alluding to everybody knowing SGA being a star player which is bullshyt

I remember The Lakers saying THT was untouchable and look what he turned into :why:

Not even SGA’s mother knew man so everything else is bullshyt

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Paul George was definitely thought of as the better player at the time. But it wasn't exactly for the long term. Remember Paul was about to turn 30 and back then that's when players typically started to fall off.
Still doesn’t change that there’s a difference between a star player and MVP one. PG was performing at an MVP level when they made that trade and there’s was no guarantee that SGA would come even close to that.

People saying it now is revisionist history because no one knew he’d ever become that guy. If they did, he would have went a lot higher than he did.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali

Of course they are? Come on! We predicted Bron would be a MVP candidate, Wemby is on that projection. Denver got rid of Nukic so they could focus on Jokic's development but they had no ideal he would turn into a MVP. Folks said Melo Ball was the better prospect than Edwards during their rookie season, but now Edwards is on tract to maybe be the face of the league someday soon. I'm a PG guy anyways cause he went to Fresno State so I'm not really ripping these guys. It front office head scratchers started way before that anyways. They never put anything around Blake, CP3, and DJ, could've came out of the draft with SGA and MPJ but picked Jerome Robinson over MPJ and he's been out of the league for several years now. It is what it is.

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
He was lucky to play a severely limited GSW while in Toronto cause a fully healthy team packs up that squad .

As for his current tenure in LAL what is there really to say...they look good for stretches at best but WE SHOULD ALL KNOW BY NOW that by the time the postseason comes around his body will be useless.

They brought in Rondo, Harden, Russ, John Wall etc etc etc

THE PROBLEM IS THEIR WING TANDEM