Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
I use it because some of the dialog be low as hell. The Music and action scene's be loud as shyt. Steaming platforms need to fix that asap.
Exactly. This is a clown article. The real reason is that filming now is being done largely with tiny mics and actors are doing naturalistic dialog instead of having to project their voices.

Short video explanation:

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
Because modern day audio mixes are fukking terrible. Either the background music is too high or the actors are mumbling over their words and the audio editors didn't bother to compensate.

I don't use subs when watching anime dubs or other animation. I never need to.
This. And TV speakers are garbage. Modern movies all seem to be mixed with the impression that everyone has high end multichannel home theater systems.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly. This is a clown article. The real reason is that filming now is being done largely with tiny mics and actors are doing naturalistic dialog instead of having to project their voices.

Short video explanation:

yeah this is more the reason than whatever gen z propaganda nonsense the article in the OP was pushing :patrice:

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Weird.

If they get turned on I rush to turn them off.

I might not even watch something if I have to read the subtitles. Dragon Ball Super, for instance, was available long before the dub. Didn't even try until I saw the dub was on Hulu or w/e.