The Mike Levy Incident: Scummiest moment in wrestling history? *GRAPHIC*

Heelish

#TSC #spooky
Supporter
Daps
Not including backstage stories :mjpls: Only the Mass Transit Incident in ECW compares

Backstory
On June 21, 2008, the IWA-MS held a match for its third annual Queen of the Deathmatch tournement, which booked Deathmatch Queen veteran Mickie Knuckles against "The White Lion" Mike Levy. Mike Levy was an untrained wrestler who had expressed interest in competing in the tournament, and by some wrestling-based message boards, Ian Rotten learned of this and flew in Mike Levy as a joke. The match was supposed to be a squash win for Mickie, but in the course of the match, Mike Levy began to attempt some offense of his own, including a few stiff headbutts and weapon shots, but due to his inexperience, his technique was awkward, and he infuriated Mickie. They continued to have a stiff match, with Mickie eventually defeating Mike Levy.

After the match, promoters Devon Moore and Tank ran out to the ring and proceeded to assault Mike Levy viciously, including full-force kicks in the head and leaping stomps, first by Moore then by the heavier Tank, from the second-rope which caused Levy's face to impact with an aluminum ladder with gut-wrenching force. Ian Rotten joined in on the beatdown, and he, along with Tank and Devon Moore, all shot insulting promos on Levy, and told him to "learn how to sell." Even Ian's young son took a kendo stick to Levy's back, asking his father for permission first.

Towards the end of the attack, Ian Rotten took Knuckles to his side and told the crowd that because of Mike Levy's inexperience, Mickie was left with a "knot on her head" and could potentially ruin her TV deal (Ian was referencing appearances in broadcasted wrestling federation TNA)

A wrestling forum poster's write-up:
I found out about this yesterday, but I believe it happened in 2008.

The set-up:

Ian Rotten presents Queen of the Deathmatch. A barely trained (if that) man named Mike Levy (w/ gross body, as per) asks/is asked to compete in a match to put over lady garbage wrestler Mickie Knuckles. He was to get beaten up, sell, and job.

The reality:

Outside a bowling alley (?!?!?!?!?!) a small gathering of fans await the next bout. You can't smell it on the video but you know there's a meat smell around. Mickie and Mike make their entrances. The match begins. Mickie starts out working stiffish, as a wrestler is likely to do with a guy that can't be trusted to make it look good. Levy's job was to get a battering, but soon he hits her with a stiff knee to the face, and then awkward stiff headbutts to her cranium. This busts her open. She isn't happy. She smacks him around with stiff forearms to his face, bludgeons him with a baseball bat, destroys him with a drinks bottle. Eventually she pins him.

The aftermath:

Two of Rotten's cohorts jump the ring and get on the mic to berate Mike Levy. Now, whenever something like this happens on an indy show, one might think it's a work, but the rest of the video is so intense I can't believe no one was brought up on attempted murder charges. Cohort 1 grabs Levy's arms and pulls them back, so his belly remains on the floor but his head and face hover a foot off a barbed wire wrapped ladder, lying on the mat. Cohort 2 does a double foot stomp from the top of the ladder onto the back of Levy's head, while Cohort 1 fails to release his arms. If you ever wondered exactly how resilient a human skull is, you'll learn something here. His head smashes down onto the ladder. It's the worst thing I've ever seen in wrestling, and I stood 3 foot away while Masada took my beer bottle, broke it and plunged it into the face of another man.

It was so disgusting and violent an action, you think that maybe they must not've realised the effects of their actions. Maybe that would stand up in court. But then they did it a second time, with the much fatter cohort coming down on Levy (who was struggling to remove himself from the situation). They berate him more and kick him hard in the face a few times. Audience members clap.

Ian Rotten comes out, beats Levy with a barbwire crutch. Levy takes a moment on the floor outside to contemplate. Bloody and ripped and panting, the concrete around him glimmers and shimmers like the night sky as the sun, witness to all life's horrors, sporadically illuminates glass debris.

Rotten gets on the mic, accuses Levy of ruining Knuckle's chances in TNA. Rotten's pre-teen son attacks Levy with a stick, breaking it into pieces, but relentless, with the fury only a 10 year old with Ian Rotten as a parent could have. Someone shouts at Levy about selling. A cohort flattens him with a chairshot, Levy actually sells, so someone makes fun of him for selling. Rotten's kid kicks Levy in the head. Mickie Knuckles returns so that Rotten can flaunt her headwound. She seems upset and leaves as fast as her re-entry.

A man starts to pull Levy's trousers and pants down, and as you contemplate the idea that he might soon suffer an anal rape, the only surprise comes from your total lack of surprise. With this atmosphere it seems almost inevitable. They abandon the idea, momentarily, so that Levy can be suplexed back first onto the legs of a commode. His legs are then tied up into the elastic in his underpants, and poor Levy is left for dead, as victim of and punished for, the inability of promoters to book trained wrestlers.

No charges were ever filed
There will be no criminal charges filed stemming from the Mike Levy beating in Sellersburg, Indiana several weeks ago at the IWA Mid-South Queen of the Death Match tournament.

“They all say — even the young man [Levy] who was in the wrestling match — that it’s part of the show,” Sellersburg Chief of Police Russ Whelan told the Jefferson, Indiana Evening News and Tribune newspaper. “I don’t know if I agree with that. I’ve got mixed feelings.”

The Indiana State Police have also dropped an investigation into the incident.

IWA Mid-South owner Ian Rotten blamed the investigation on competing independent promoters trying to cause trouble. Rotten had previously told Louisville, Kentucky WLKY channel 32 that the beating was scripted and while Levy was taking stiff shots, he knew the beating was coming and it was just part of the show.

When fans online began to complain about the incident, Rotten wrote on the IWA website's message board: "If you want the real story, buy the DVD. The kid got an ass whipping for what I, and many others, feel was all the right reasons. He did not go to the hospital. As a matter of fact, he came back after getting cleaned up to watch the rest of the show. He was told he would be brought back and was grateful for that so I guess he could not be too bad off. I promise, he's face does not look anywhere near as bad as Mickie's does these morning. The kid was not beat up as people are putting it. If he was beat up by the wrestlers who were out there, he be lying in a hospital bed right now. End of story!"

You get curbstomped onto a barbed-wire ladder and don't press charges??? :why:

Last edited:

Heelish

#TSC #spooky
Supporter
Daps
A list of Ian Rotten's other incidents:
Ian Rotten is one of, if not, the most infamous promoters in independent wrestling for his carny tactics. Not since Roland Alexander has there been such an overweight creep. In this entry we take a look at the things Ian Rotten has done to people that were nothing short of scummy.

-The Mike Levy Incident.

-Told numerous workers "I'll get ya next time, kid" when asked for pay.

-Bounced a check to Dave Taylor.

-Used the Big Vision Entertainment Fed Ex account to ship DVDs to a customer in Italy.

-Took two years to fulfill a DVD order to said Italian customer.

-Allegedly assaulted Diehard Dustin Lee during an IWA-MS Wrestling School training session.

-Reportedly stole money from Mickie Knuckles, someone who he considered his daughter. Also rumored to have had extra marital affairs with Mickie behind his wife Patti's back.

-Canceled a benefit show for his longtime friend Rollin Hard, who was dying of cancer, in favor of raising money for Mickie Knuckles, who broke her leg.

-Stiffed the shyt out of Peter B. Beautiful.

-Owes CM Punk thousands of dollars.

-Repeatedly claimed to be shutting down IWA-MS in an effort to sell more overpriced DVD-Rs.

-Ordered a Baltimore Orioles jersey from QVC while in a hotel room with Diehard Dustin Lee and Chuck Taylor, who had just been stiffed on pay after working one of his shows.

-Repeatedly stiffed Bull Pain on paychecks for working IWA shows, including the 2010 KOTDM.

-The end result of which being Bull taking his frustration out on Ian with a constant barrage of koolrodprice-esque Facebook statuses.

-Once held a benefit show for former deathmatch wrestler Delilah Star and her sick child, only to give her $100 and spend the rest of the "benefit" money on a new television and several new VCRs.

-At the 2010 King of the Death Matches tournament, paid JC Bailey, the tournament winner & known addict struggling with sobriety at the time, with pain pills in lieu of money.

-During night 1 of the 2010 King of the Death Matches tournament, Ian faked having a cracked sternum so he could take a $3,000 ambulance ride directly out of the building, just to get out of paying the $1,000 he owed to his workers.

-Once faked a suicide attempt in an attempt to evoke sympathy from those around him . Incident -was witnessed by his own son and his then " daughter" Mickie Knuckles .

-At the funeral of JC Bailey, Rotten had the audacity to go up to the grieving Bailey family, and demand trans money, refusing to leave until he was paid and causing a small scene in the process . Eventually paid by Bailey's grieving mother to get him to go away.

-During the early days of IWA Mid-South , several members of the roster agreed to work a few shows for free to earn enough money to install AC in the "old K Mart building". One of these workers, American Kickboxer, severely injured his neck during a bout and needed a small amount of money to help offset his medical bill from an injury occurred while trying to help Ian out. Ian proceeded to tell Kickboxer that he was on his own, and that he was selfish for implying that Ian should spend some of the money earned on his medical bills. After the incident, Ian spent the money earned from the show, and the building never had air conditioning installed.

-Once promoted Tarzan Goto for a King of the Deathmatches tournament. Ian had never spoken with Tarzan Goto before in his life, let alone booked him for said tournament. Rotten would later claim that Goto accidentally double booked himself , as he was opening a restaurant on the same date of the tournament.

-Loudly asked a waitress within earshot/view of R.D. Reynolds from Wrestlecrap "DO YOU KNOW WHO I I AM?!"

-Let his then-toddler walk around bowling alleys drinking beers because, as he states, it "helps with his medical conditions."

-Beat up username Strikeforce.

-Probably beat up username Danny Havoc Mark.

-Stopped booking Thumbtack Jack after an altercation between TJ and Harry Potter. Incident? Threatened Child Discipline.

-When booked for a show in Southern California, Ian and JC Bailey tried to board a plane in a post 9/11 world with razorblades on them.

:mjcry:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Milwaukee
Man i love wrestling to death and always will but that is a shady ass business. You always hear about some crazy ass shyt going on behind the scenes especially at the indy level.
fukk them all them nikkas :pacspit:

On the real that nikka Ian Rotten look like the type of nikka to fukk his sister and then look at his hickville ass friends and be like "billy bob you want a piece of this hot young ass?!" fukk em all

Sypress

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This is why I laugh when people shyt on Vinny Mac and call him pure evil

he's no saint, but there are worst bookers out there

Edit: Just watched the video :snoop:

How can the crowd not tell they are beating his ass for real? :dahell:

the hell it was planned....its clear as day they tried to kill him

Last edited:

Dada

Face===>Heel
Daps
You could kill someone like that. I don't mess with this type of wrestling, at all. Small professional promotions, yes, but not this type of thing. I don't find this entertaining.