The Official "Mr. Robot" Season 3 Thread

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Looks like imdb updated the synopses for another 2 episodes.

eps3.8_stage3.torrent
Elliot trolls a former ally; Mr Robot leaves cryptic text; Tyrell gets new commands.

eps3.9_shutdown-r
Elliot tries to save Darlene, but things don't go as planned; Mr Robot must decide whether to step up or step back.

CouldBeWorse

Superstar
Daps
vcR4xtV.jpg

damn trenton was only 17 :mjcry:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I totally agree with this, but I'd go a little further and say Esmail has basically been treating the viewers who are waiting on a sci-fi angle the way whiterose has been treating Angela.

He was deliberately feeding us hope with the constant 'Back To The Fuure' references. shyt - he even let us see the particle accelerator.:mjcry:

At this point I think there are two types of reaction to Whiterose - you can either completely buy in like Angela (and to a certain extent Elliot) did, or go Dom on him like "Time travel? :dahell:The nikka just likes clocks and dresses.... :yeshrug:"

I think something "Sci-Fi" IS going on, just in a different direction...

Last night's "suicide" crime scene got me thinking:
WHY are the Dark Army members willing to kill themselves? White Rose's assistant says that they believe in a higher cause, but what could that possibly be? White Rose as far as we know is a Chinese government official, not a cult leader. I can't believe that the "higher cause" that the Dark Army members believe in is money/power for the Chinese Communist Party.

So, what I think might be going on is literal mind control. I'm thinking that the "time machine" that Angela saw is really a machine that can implant commands into the human brain. Dark Army recruits are brought in and given signals to see White Rose as a person with religious/supernatural powers that they need to be willing to die for.

My guess is that the signal is wireless, and the signal leaked out when they were testing it and caused cancer in some of the people surrounding the plant.

White Rose once said to his assistant that Elliott's father was partially responsible for the theories behind his plant. Maybe he was experimenting with "helping" his slightly unstable son, and accidentally screwed up and really messed up his brain.

For all we know, there was actual Tin Foil inside the baseball cap that Elliott's father wore when he worked at the "Mr Robot" store.

EDIT:
And now, he's taking his talents to Africa
:ohhh::picard::demonic::mjpls:

Last edited:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Darlene spoilers (or my guess)

She's going out in this upcoming plane crash brehs...

:mjcry:

The FBI even called her a 'flight risk' this season, and she said she was going to 'crash upstate with a friend' earlier this season. This could've all been a red herring but now that the Dark Army is actually going after planes?
:picard:
KivHYUDxQJgzfrNzSwqncTeylrDSKbD0ounPQwG_vqA.png

C0Ie2Sk.jpg

sncBBSk.jpg

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I can't get enough Price/Zang scenes brehs. The fact that after everything that happened, the thing that REALLY pissed off Price was not knowing the real plan/motivation behind the attacks was :wow:

The Mobley/Trenton/Dark Army scene was fukked up, they didn't deserve that :mjcry:

Who does Trenton trusts though brehs? Gotta be Darlene, no? That email is the spark that will lead us to the final act of this story :damn:

Mr. Robot getting his buildings crushed by Irving something fierce. His revenge, once he snaps out of being played, is gonna be something else.

Dom is about to gaze into the abyss looking for whiterose. I hope she's ready for the abyss to stare back, once Whiterose realizes that Dom, like Angela, probably should have been dead awhile ago.

:wow: now THAT would be an amazing scene. The fact that Dom is alive means she gotta be useful somehow though, maybe Whiterose has her a backup plan if Santiago fails like Price? Dom could go from :stopitslime: :to :lawd: if she had a one on one like Beta did.

Also - Would Price make Angela his replacement? As far as he knows, she still has beef with the Washington Township Plant, no? :jbhmm:

It has to be her or Terry Colby, right?

Price can try to pick whoever he wants but if it doesn't fit with Whiterose's agenda then it's not happening.

"They're going to be ok, right? All those people who died?"

Beta is broken brehs :mjcry:

Is her though?

To me that was the most interesting part of the whole episode. They pretty much implied that Whiterose manipulated her into thinking about time travel/parallel universe fukkery just so she could drop the Washington Township lawsuit. But that still doesn't add up with her playing a game with her past self in a really weird place :patrice:

WHY are the Dark Army members willing to kill themselves? White Rose's assistant says that they believe in a higher cause, but what could that possibly be? White Rose as far as we know is a Chinese government official, not a cult leader. I can't believe that the "higher cause" that the Dark Army members believe in is money/power for the Chinese Communist Party.

So, what I think might be going on is literal mind control. I'm thinking that the "time machine" that Angela saw is really a machine that can implant commands into the human brain. Dark Army recruits are brought in and given signals to see White Rose as a person with religious/supernatural powers that they need to be willing to die for.

:leon: very interesting theory.

CouldBeWorse

Superstar
Daps

I mean, cult leaders/politicians getting people to believe in them so much to the point that they'll die for cause isn't exactly new, it's really common in the real world.Look at ISIS/Taliban/Jim Jones/Hitler/Jesus/etc....the concept of the Dark Army and White Rose isn't very far fetched at all tbh :yeshrug:

White Rose has them all thinking that they'll probably be reborn or something. He might believe it himself.

The more I think about it, the more I think there is no Sci-Fi twist. Esmail has really good job treating the audience like one of the characters. We're sitting here thinking "there's gotta be something more to this, something super crazy" but reality hasn't hit us yet that's it's all probably just the rich and powerful manipulating the masses.

Last edited:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
I mean, cult leaders/politicians getting people to believe in them so much to the point that they'll die for cause isn't exactly new, it's really common in the real world.Look at ISIS/Taliban/Jim Jones/Hitler/Jesus/etc....When you think about it, the concept of the Dark Army and White Rose isn't very far fetched at all..

White Rose has them all thinking that they'll probably be reborn or something.

The more I think about it, the more I think there is no Sci-Fi twist. Esmail has really good job treating the audience like one of the characters. We're sitting here thinking "there's gotta be something more to this, something super crazy" but reality hasn't hit us yet that's it's all probably just the rich and powerful manipulating the masses.
Exactly where I'm at with it. Shame Beta had to get brainwashed

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
Whiterose shattered Angela's mind to drive her to eventual suicide simply because Price wouldn't get rid of her and the lawsuit.

Let that marinate :wow:

i concur....Whiterose is doin a lot of petty shyt to him (including fukkin with ang) all because...

"i had to ask you twice"

tenor.gif