The Official "Mr. Robot" Season 3 Thread

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
i concur....Whiterose is doin a lot of petty shyt to him (including fukkin with ang) all because...

"i had to ask you twice"

tenor.gif
White rose is team petty :russ:

One of the top TV villains :wow:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I mean, cult leaders/politicians getting people to believe in them so much to the point that they'll die for cause isn't exactly new, it's really common in the real world.Look at ISIS/Taliban/Jim Jones/Hitler/Jesus/etc....the concept of the Dark Army and White Rose isn't very far fetched at all tbh :yeshrug:

White Rose has them all thinking that they'll probably be reborn or something. He might believe it himself.

The more I think about it, the more I think there is no Sci-Fi twist. Esmail has really good job treating the audience like one of the characters. We're sitting here thinking "there's gotta be something more to this, something super crazy" but reality hasn't hit us yet that's it's all probably just the rich and powerful manipulating the masses.

I think the "machine" has to do something, though. If it's just power generation then why build one in Africa? But if its mind control then you have an instant massive colonialist army.

This line of thought is starting to make my think of Dr. No in Jamaica. If I'm right I'm starting to feel a little uncomfortable with the show's implications :mjpls:

CouldBeWorse

Superstar
Daps
I think the "machine" has to do something, though. If it's just power generation then why build one in Africa? But if its mind control then you have an instant massive colonialist army.
I think Mind control is way too loony for the tone this show has set. Something like the quantum computer reddit theories makes more sense.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
The more I think about it, the more I think there is no Sci-Fi twist. Esmail has really good job treating the audience like one of the characters. We're sitting here thinking "there's gotta be something more to this, something super crazy" but reality hasn't hit us yet that's it's all probably just the rich and powerful manipulating the masses.

Agreed. Also, people confuse science fiction with science fantasy a lot. If there is any science something element, I think it will be rooted in science that is currently agreed on by many physicists, etc. So if there is any crazy technology shyt going on, I think it will be rooted in quantum mechanics and ideas that are widely held among scientists, and that we won't have any crazy over the top DeLorean type shyt going on.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
I’ve been Team “There’s No Sci Fi Twist” from the beginning (the base of realism has been there from the jump and I’ve been saying it), but they didn't have to break Baeta in the process :mjcry:

I’ll take time travel at this point just to make my baby whole again.

Ain’t no coming back from this. Whether it’s 4, 5 or 6 seasons ain’t no way Angela making it to the end of the run. Shorty’s gone. Krista gonna build a beach house off her sessions alone.

Tense, insane episode.

fukk Buddy Dom can get it.

BD Wong is the greatest actor on earth.

Whiterose > Ledger’s Joker.

Thank you, Basedmail :lawd:

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Dom was looking kind of :shaq: this episode

IjTNGoAm_o.jpg

:steviej:

......but maaaan, it can't possibly be worth it. I KNOW the head will be trash because she has no upper lip and shes bound to break out in tears halfway through sex :francis:

You've got it backward, breh.

You're gonna take her home thinking "Lemme just get this nut off and get out this drought" but she's gonna whisper something in your ear halfway through and have you scrambling on your own bed like

57707185_funny-gif-black-kid-scared-crying.gif

Her name's "Dom" for a reason :shaq:

VY2wmdR.png