There are NO Iconic Singers in this Era.

concise

Veteran
Daps
Breh,

1. I DO listen to Gospel Music, raised in the Black American Church. I also listen to QUALITY R&B Singers, NOT THAT MODERN GARBAGE "R&B"!
2. GOSPEL MUSIC is the ROOT of both R&B and SOUL Music, THIS IS NOT UP FOR "DEBATE"
3. "Going to Church to learn how to sing...., BLAH, BLAH, BLAH" <--- R&B STARTED with GOSPEL MUSIC, NOT UP FOR "DEBATE"
4. Joe Jackson and Family were Jehovah's Witnesses, Michael got his start singing in the church.

LINK: Michael Jackson: A Gospel Singer At Heart

All of the Major "Iconic" Black Singers, either Grew up singing in the Church or,
were INSPIRED by other singers who Grew up singing in the Church!

:childplease:

That is unsourced.

MJ grew up as a Jehovah's Witness. He was trained by his dad and grew up singing in clubs and talent shows.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
I wouldn’t say there’s none.

You mentioned The Weeknd but I think he’s pretty talented and iconic. Same with Chris Brown.

Not a big fan of Drake or Rihanna but they’re definitely iconic.

Bruno Mars is also very talented.

I think my generation just has less, because everyone is lazy and does the same shyt.
The Weeknd and Chris brown aren't vocalist. I say that as one of the earliest HOB Weeknd fan. None of these people you listed are what you would call vocalist. Maybe Bruno Mars

DaKidFromNoWhere

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Tar Heel State
OP has a point tho
While there is good R&B music you can come across there is no one that is iconic.
The day the put Sam Smith on a pedestal is the day they stopped pushing black artist that had soul.